1. Like Nothing Ever Happened

the smile that ruined mine

Ever since the two became a couple and all, lately I've just been gloomy. 

Of course I never show this to Myungsoo. 

 

It took a while before I realized how much it was going to impact me, and my relationship with him.

Sure. I knew that I would naturally not become the #2 priority on his list (#1 is family of course) and I knew that I wouldn't be able to spend time with him as much as I would want to. 

But it was worse than that.

 

The day after the two became official, I waited outside my house for him to arrive.

He would often tell me that if I did prefer to go by car or motorcycle, I just had to say it and he would do it, but I rather liked walking. I don't like any sort of excercise, but he made me fall in love with it.

After all, the time when we walked to school was the only time we could really talk.

Normally after school, we had to head to other things. 

 

As I waited, I heard a familiar laugh. 

It was undoubtedly him. 

I hid behind one of the tall bushes in the front of my house and waited for someone to appear.

My suspicions was correct.

What I didn't expect to see was Dasom next to him.

It took a second before I was reminded that they were a official couple. 

I waited quietly until they were completely out of sight.

 

I felt like a fool.

Of course he couldn't go with me to school.

We couldn't go alone. 

But couldn't he at least let me join them?

Or maybe not.

I would prefer not to be the third-wheel of the group. 

Especially since I know how hurt be to watch him go all lovey-dovey to another girl. 

 

If you think it's unreasonable for me to like him and be so possessive, I'm going to blunt with you.

How can you not fall in love with a guy so "perfect" and who has been your friend ever since you were little. 

The times we've spent together were longer than the time Myungsoo liked her. 

And yet he fell for her.

 

It makes me wonder what is wrong with me that he can't fall in love with me?

Did he just get too comfortable with me?

Does he consider me, like all movies and dramas portray those one-sided love situations, like a younger sister and nothing more?

 

I feel like a fool to let myself hope for anything. 

Especially now, since this has happened. 

 

I walked alone to school that day.

I've never felt so neglected. 

My parents may have seemed to neglect me, but that was because they were working hard for me to attend school and give me what I needed. 

It was understandable. 

But this isn't.

We didn't even manage to talk that day.

It was as if we weren't even friends.

I wouldn't blame him though. (As much as I would have liked to.)

Dasom seems like the clingy type...and possessive as well. Though I would want to assume that she's more possessive than me.

 

The next day was saturday.

Normally me and Myungsoo would have tuition together in the morning. After that we would head out for a late lunch and then go to either houses to have fun.

Sometimes, he would take me out with his older siblings to a park and we'll have picnics.

 

However I could tell that those times were now ended. 

 

I know it's selfish to be so gloomy. 

But I seriously can't help it.

I cried.

Like three times since it happened.

My parents have noticed my swollen eyes.

I can only tell them a lie.

Though I'm pretty sure that they know more than I think they know.

 

My parents both like Myungsoo.

My Dad liked him due to his studious, hardworking attitude and respect to elders, something my Dad is picky about. 

My Mom liked him mostly due to his good looks and character.

He could cook as well. 

Even my Mom would sometimes joke that he could become our cook someday.

Obviously, I knew she was slightly implicating something and I'm pretty sure you know what it is.

Whether or not Myungsoo knew what she meant, I don't know.

He probably didn't from the looks of it.

 

Well sorry mom, but your daughter just ain't good enough for him.

 

School is starting tomorrow.

And for once, we haven't talked for three days.

I just sent him a message.

It's been only 1 minute but I just get the feeling he isn't going to answer.

 

Maybe I'm just counting my chickens before they hatch.

Maybe I should just confront him.

Maybe I should just confess to him.

Maybe I'm just being spiteful.

 

Or maybe I just need a new friend.

 

I am the type that needs friends.

However it's hard, especially since in the last year of school, pretty much everyone has their own circle. 

Well I can only blame myself for being so superficial.

Thinking that it could be just me and him for the rest of our lives.

I haven't thought further than marriage, because that's a life important decision.

But I'll admit that I sometimes imagine being in a wedding dress.

Walking down the aisle and meeting him at the end of it.

There we would say our vows and then...

 

There's really no point in thinking this much though.

I know him well.

He doesn't play around with girls.

For your information, he didn't play around with me.

He was always respectful to me.

 

If he started a relationship, he had a very good reason.

If he was to break up a relaiotnship, he would also have a very good reason.

That wasn't happening anytime soon and honestly I hope it never does.

 

As much as I may dislike that girl, I don't him to get hurt.

Which means that there would be no break up and  I would have no chance.

I don't know what to do.

My feelings have been bottled up and at this point I know it's going to explode.

 

I guess I can only endure these changes and pretend like nothing ever happened.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Hey guys I'm back (after more than two months, so sorry..) and am ready to complete what I started! I know I've been procrasinating way too lond but...no I don't have any excuses. 

By the way I wrote this in one go so I apologize for all my mistakes and so on.:) I hope you're enjoying this story so far, I'm really just writing down whatever comes to my mind. 

Oh and I may or may not continue this POV thing...it will depend on my mood. :) Though honestly even though I haven't done this before, I rather like it.

Anyway thank you subscribers, readers, commentators and so on and so forth. It's been a pleasure to for you!

Until next time!

(This story may be more angsty than I thought!)