4. Same Place

the smile that ruined mine

All I can feel is my stomach, aching and sore as if I had just eaten a bad egg. 

I brush my hair away to clear my vision. 

My eyes dart left and right, despite my best efforts to stay concentrated on my studies, which were all laid out on the table. 

 

It was another school day.

Another day, another time, another hour of me trying my best to run away.

From who?

That would be him of course. 

 

BANG!!!

 

My body jerked up in surprise and looking up, I was more or less shocked to see him.

Well not him, but the another guy - the delinquent. 

 

There he was in a messy state, he smelt of grass and mud, and seeing the weather outside,  I was sure that he had just finished some vigourous sport which I had no intention of finding out what it was.

There was also a faint but distinct smell of smoke.

 

I gave him a quick glance and nearly choked as the smell soon spread thickly in the air, only dispersing after an hour or so.

I turned my head and felt even more irritated as his face was completely expressionless and more like, he looked bored as he played with one of the several rings on his hand, as if he was waiting for me to start.

I shook my head slightly and slid the book which we were going to reference to for the project, towards him.

He gave me a small frown as he took the book and started reading the material with a I-am-reading-but-I-am-actually-half-a-sleep sort of look, and I couldn't help but knock him in my imagination. 

 

I looked back at my notes, although I frequently glanced at the boy as he seemed to drift to sleep every 15 seconds. 

His eyelids would slip over halfway before jerking open again at the realization that it wasn't bedtime as of yet.

I least he had a decent mindset, or else I would have actually knocked him over, especially in the mental state that I am, I don't think I can take anymore unfortunate situations. 

Although I am very much an average studier, I had decent scores and sometimes achieved top  marks, which only happened if I really put my mind into it.

But I never had a fail, detention or such things, and I wasn't about to allow that to start.

 

'Can't we make this fun?'

 

I looked at him curiously with his strange words ringing in my head.

This was our first meet-up and really the first time I had ever spoken to him.

However I did realize that he typically spoke without much context.

 

'Why can't we just go to this place?'

'Well....' I started. 

 

My mental state had caused terrible memory and the lack of concentration has caused the most obvious and convinient answers to be unapparent in my brain.

 

I gave a shrug as I thought of what he actually meant.

If we really did go to the place, that means we would be together.

 

'What subject is this for again?' I asked absentmindedly, although I really had forgot.

'Short-term memory....' he muttered. 'Art class.' 

'For what reason?' I asked, unknowingly sounding annoyed.

'To see how art is projected in places and what it symbolizes and such...'

 

My eyes snapped opened and I gave him a rather interesting look.

I never that he would ever pay attention in class. 

Then again, just because he was adelinquent, didn't mean that he was the worse student. 

He was the type that didn't have to study but could get decent scores, sometimes even better than me.

 

I should actually clarify that his nickname 'delinquent' isn't necessarily true.

Yes he had considerably long comparedly to other boys his age, piercings in his mouth and several in his ears, apparently he started smoking before the legal age and wore outfits that seem to, in one way or atnoher scream 'rebellious'. 

How that works I have no idea.

There are rumors that he use to do minor crimes, such as stealing and selling items illegally.

Born in a family where none of what he did or do were allowed, naturally I find it rather scary.

 

Was  I scared of him right at this moment?

Yes. Like any other moment.

But probably due to my depressed state, nothing seemed to matter to me.

'We can go tomorrow after school then.' 

 

I grabbed my things, stood up and stuffed them in my bag without a second thought.

I gave a slight bow and muttered 'goodbye.'

 

'Wait.'

I stopped in my steps and turned around, to find him holding his phone.

'Stay in contact.'

I unconciously passed sigh as I exchanged numbers with him. 

 

How bothersome were such collaborations.

 

'Well see you tomorrow,' I gave another bow and didn't take any time in reaching the exit of the library.

 

I had to get out of there.

 

When I turned around to face the delinquent, I saw the two together, facing outwards and in a notably comfy position.

We didn't notice each other - obviously not due to the fact that he was facing completely the other direction, but what really caught my eye was a image that appeared on his computer.

 

It was the same place as the one we were going.

I could only hope that we weren't going at the same time as well.

 

And there was a fact that I never knew it to be ever be possible in the history between him and me: we were in the same place and yet even a greeting or realization of each other's presence was not realized or done. 

 


Author's Notes:

Back with some more boring trash to take your precious time~ I have no idea where I'm going with this, and I would probably edit this or even delete this chapter and write a new one, since honestly I don't know if I want to change something crucial. 

Anyway thank you readers, subscribers and commentators, I really do appreciate all the support!

Till next time~