Teaser #1

the smile that ruined mine

Wow. I can't believe it.  

He's late. (Note my sarcasm.)

He's always late.  

It's pretty much a fact.  

Late for school. Late for class. Late for his own birthdays, (he somehow  always endup celebrating his birthday a day after.) Late for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Which I find totally ridiculous since how can one be late for food!?!?

I wait at the school gate and randomly watch the teens hurrying away from the school buildings as if the place was a disease.  As I turned my head towards the main entrance of the building, and when I turned my head away a image flashes in my mind.

 A disturbing one.  

I already felt my heart aching.  

Did I see right?

I slowly turn my head back to where I saw what I think I saw. My heart clenched and I swear that I never felt more  ....betrayed.  

It wasn't a mirage.  

It wasn't a illusion.  

It wasn't some trick, made up by a  magician, especially when it was certainly not entertaining.  

"Jieun! Met my girlfriend.."

So he finally stepped up like a man. Honestly he was always the ambitious type anyway, it was going to happen sooner or later.  

He pulls her gently to his right side, the girl with a gorgeous smile (she has some seriously white teeth) and of a height, slightly taller than me.  

She was like a model really.  

"Finally!" I say as I slap my best friend on the shoulder. "Thought you'll never tell her!"  

I tried to sound happy. And I don't if I fooled them but boy, did these words sound fakery expressed I hold out my hand as to shake the girl's hand. Certainly having no intention to hug her.  

She reaches out her hand and in a millisecond a million things happen in my mind. I'm trying my beat not to show any emotion apart from being happy from them.  My hand unknowingly shakes as I reach over and shake her hand. As quickly as possible, I retracted it.  

I noticed how sweaty my hands was and I started brushing them roughly on my school skirt, whilst smiling nervously at the new couple in front of me.  

"Congratulations."

I go over to  and finally force myself to give the girl a hug. It was totally awkward but I tried to be  as "welcoming" as possible. When I released myself, I gave a huge smile at the two.

Though by this time, they didn't pay any attention to me, since their eyes were practically stuck on each other.

I shudder at the lovery-dovey condition that they were in.

"Um...why don't we celebrate with icecream?" Boy did I sound wierd.

They agreed and we walked to the nearest parlour.

I felt undeniably like the third wheel. They giggled, whispered and had those momentary kisses on the cheek, which made me regret suggesting such an idea and also nearly made me throwup.

I can barely keep a smile on my face. 

And I dont know why, but I suddenly wished that I was never friends with him.


AUTHOR'S NOTES:

A quick and short "update" and  with the hope that I can update a full chapter soon. Although I knew that this was going to be slightly angsty, as I thought deeper it may become really angsty, and that going to be difficult, because Ive never written angst type of stories before...so please excuse any bad attempts. 

Anyway thank you for those who read, commented and subscribe, hopefully I'll be able to deliver a proper plot. :)