Teaser #2

the smile that ruined mine

Dasom. 

A girl whom I was always paired with since we somehow coincidentally chose the same subjects. 

I don't even know why but somehow the teachers thought we were friends and all.

We weren't. 

I can accept the term 'acquaintance' but that's about it. 

Nothing more. 

She was nicely tall for a girl. She had big eyes and a (as mentioned before) a gorgeous smile with white straight teeth that were never touched by a metal brace. Her fingers were slender and were just an example of perfection.  We undeniably had bad blood towards each other though we weren't at each other's throats or something. 

We just didn't get along. 

Wee would somehow finish the assignment with the two of us smiling awkwardly at each other and probably with a burning heart, full of something negative and unknown tension We never clicked and now I knew why. 

She was going my rival. 

She was going my enemy. 

She was going my best friend's girlfriend. 

And that is nearly enough to make me go mad. 

 

I can't exactly say that I don't understand why he "chose" her. 

Since, well...comparing me and her, there are quite a bit of differences. 

She wasn't so academic but she always had results that were above average. She did quite a bit of sports, enough to make me wonder whether or not she's pursuing a sports career. And it's not she's bad at it, on the contrary she was the best girl player in any sport, as of our school As for arts, boy can we just skip this. She's a natural artist. And if I heard correctly, she's going to be a vet, despite all her talents. 

For me it's quite simple.  I do what I can to keep a consistent score of A's, my parents aren't your hystereotype Asians but they do expect effort. I can't even throw a ball two metres away, since...my arms and legs are like creaking wood.  And drawing is not my forte, though I'm convinced that with a few lessons I can get up to a point when I can draw a horse without making it seem like a dog.  Yeah it's that terrible.

Oh and one more thing.

She's the daughter of a man who thinks a Mercedes is one of the cheapest cars.

Comparatively, my parents can't even afford a car. 

 

But...despite all this... ...I know that these differences alone, can't be a excuse for me and her not to become friends and all. 

Because...(unfortunately) my best friend is exactly like her, in those situations I mean. (Except for the fact that his parents live a very simple life despite being one of the most richest families in the nation.)

But with the huge difference that he was my best friend. 

So it seems like I've no choice, but to become friends with Kim Dasom, even though my heart screams no.

She gets my best friend. 

And everything else that I don't have.

.

.

.

Lucky her. 


Author's Notes:

Another teaser cause I can't write enough to make an update be considered like a chapter lol.:) 

Anyway thank you readers, subscribers, commenters and others. :) I didn't even expect much at all for this story to be honest.