Teaser #3 [final]

the smile that ruined mine

He was a curly-haired boy with an eye-smile that could attract ladies, no matter what age.

He was always doted on and was so spoiled that you would be certain that he would be this horrible person when he grew up.  

Miraculously, he turned out alright.  

No.

More than alright.  

He was the best kid I ever knew and probably would ever.  

 

Of course.

He isn't perfect.

Ha! Far from that.

He may have countless good attributes but he's human.  

He can be mischievous.

Very in fact.

He loves to tease.

And most importantly he is stubborn.

Terribly stubborn.

So stubborn that he's probably the only person I've ever met that would stick with something, even if he gets himself hurt.  

You could say I hope that this whole 'thing' was all going to be a mistake.  

But there's no use (like seriously), in trying to make sure that she's the one.

Cause he says he knows.  

 

He's utterly stubborn and that's probably his biggest flaw...and his biggest strength.  

It was his stubbornness that made me know him.

 A small boy that forced me to play the mother, while he was the child.  

A ten-year-old who insisted that I go with him and learn dancing, even though I have left feet.

 A thirteen-year-old who begged my parents on his knees until they consented that I stay in Seoul, instead of moving to where my parents' new business headquarters was.

And now he is a seventeen-year-old who a few months ago, had liked a girl and never stopped.  

Oh he's stubborn alright and don't let me tire you with millions of stories, that demonstrate this character.  

 

I still remember the day when he told me that he liked someone.

He didn't say who it was specifically.

He only mentioned that the girl was in the same classes as him and interests.  

Obviously that's not me.  

I don't want to become a vet.

I honestly hate sports.  

I'm not rich.

My academics are consistent.  

I'm not that nice, polite, friendly and sociable.  

And that's everything that my best friend is not.  

 

Sometimes I wonder.  

Why do I, out of all the people I could've liked and then love, it had to be him.  

It's simple though.  

He was the person who stuck with me the most in my life.  

My parents are awesome of course.

But due to debts and job issues when I was young, for much of my childhood they had to either find work or work really hard.  

We didn't manage to have much family time.

I don't blame at all.

And I love them.  

 

But for this reason, I wish I got someone else.  

At least a boy who I love.

And he loves me back.