Something

The Last Song

 

Taehyung rushes into the hospital. Tears welling up in the corner of his eyes. He makes his way into the long corridor, searching for room 251.

220 - 230 - flashed the signboard.

He sighs in frustration as he changes his route. He scavenges for the stairs rather than utilizing the elevator.

230 - 240

240 - 250 He stops for a while and asks the nurses on the way.

251 - He finally reaches his destination. He opens the door in an extreme force. Only to realise that nobody is there. He searches for her in every corner. In the bathroom, below the bed, behind the sofa but she was nowhere to be seen.
He couldn't help but break down right then and there. He kneels down as he tries to stiffle his weeps but it just worsens.

Suddenly, his phone rings. He picks up the call right away while trying to wipe his tears and stopping himself from quivering too much.
"Hello?" He says in a deep voice masked with rage and anger.
He hears a chortle from the other side of the line. His rage only ascends from there.
"Oh stop crying like a baby. You know its your fault."
The man from the other line says in a gruff voice.
Darkness clung to Taehyung's brittle demeanor as he continued crying.
"Now listen carefully. If you want your girlfriend back, you need to give me your gang members' profiles. And this time, you need to be quick. The time is ticking. Ciao."
Taehyung throws his phone away, screaming like he's being ripped off slowly.

"CUT!"

"Now what?" Taehyung asks the director cooly as he wipes his tear, as if nothing ever happened.

"Taehyung, I appreciate the fact that you give in so much into acting. But WHY DO YOU HAVE TO THROW MY PHONE?"
"PD-nim chill. My character is a freaking detective not a little girl who will sink in her tears. Aggression is a must."
The PD sighs and shakes his head as he reaches out for his now broken phone, mentally cursing and kicking Taehyung to death.

"Anyway, it's a wrap, right?" Taehyung asks as he reaches out for his drink.

"Yes. Be prepared for tomorrow morning's scene." The PD says in a cool manner even though he's boiling from inside.
Taehyung nods as he sips on his frappe.
"Where's the ''istant? Tell him to bring my phone."
His assistant rushes to Taehyung with his phone, not wanting to get fired especially after the previous incident.

Taehyung smirks at him as he practically snatches the phone from his hand. As he opens his phone, he is greeted by 4 missed calls.

Appa
Appa
Home
Appa

He breaks into a smile as he sees the call log. Without wasting much time and without even checking the actual time, he calls his dad right away.

"Hello.." A sleepy voice is heard from the other line.

"Appa," Taehyung exclaims

"Hmm.. Taehyung.."

"Yes appa! What doing?"

"Fishing"

"What?"

"Of course I'll be sleeping at this time Taehyung"

Taehyung finally checks the time. 12:42 reads the digital clock.

"Oops sorry, appa! I checked the time just now. I was too busy shooting."

"Shooting?," his dad's voice raises. "At this time? Taehyung, have you eaten?"

"Not yet. I'll eat no-"

Taehyung stops right on his tracks when he sees a beautiful refined face combined with a killer body coming toward his direction. That radiant look, those gentle graceful gestures, and especially the deep and tender sympathy expressed in all her features agitated him.

"Taehyung. Taehyunggie!" His dad shouts from the other line to get his attention. And he was borderline successful too.

"Ah yes appa."

"Taehyung, you really need to do something about your ADHD," his father says as he sighs, already fully awake now thanks to Taehyung.
Taehyung giggles as he resumes talking to his dad on the phone.

On the other hand, Dr. Beauty, a nickname already given to her by Taehyung in his head, chats away with the nurses. Well more than chatting, they were complaining.

"Who are those people?" Beauty asks

"Oh annyeonghaseyo madam. These people are some really big actors and directors."

"Oh yes Ive seen this guy somewhere." The Doctor says as she points out to Taehyung, careful that he's not noticing.

"Yes and they have come here to shoot some of their scenes. The chairman gave the permission too."

"Oh. I was away for a few days but didn't expect this hospital to become a filming set."

The nurses laugh nervously, not knowing what to reply. She was friendly, no doubt. But she was strict too.

"Anyway, I heard somebody scream."

"Yes that was him. It was in one of his scenes. He acted so well a-" The nurse would have continued fawning if the other nurse wouldn't have stopped. The Doctor made a face as she judged the nurses from head to toe.

"So? Aren't they aware that this is a real hospital and not a made up set. There are patients here. What were they thinking, shooting at such an odd time when all our patients are sleeping."
The young nurses shrug as they look down.
"Wait let me talk to that guy in that black t shirt."

And away she goes, all set to disturb Taehyung's lively chatting just like he disturbed her patients' sweet sleep.

"Excuse me?" A stern voice is heard from the background paired with a tap on the shoulder.Taehyung turns around to see the same woman, Dr. Beauty, that he was checking out previously, standing in front of him. Her enticing, constellation-dark eyes gazed at him over her puffy, heart shaped lips. "She got impressed already? Good going Taehyung!" He self pats himself on the back in his mind.

"Oh I'm busy. I'll sign the autograph later, okay?" Taehyung responds, clearly embarrassing himself.
"What the ?" She says in her mind. I mean, who wouldn't? The poor Doctor just arrived to scold him and this is what she gets?
Alas, she tries to keep calm. And tries to talk again, clearing to grab some attention.

"Um excuse me. I'm a doctor here."
This time, she speaks in an even more of a stern voice though getting awkward towards the end.

"So? I will still give you an autograph later." Taehyung, the master of embarrassment, speaks again as he turns around, showing his back to her face. "Ahh appa. The fans are here ok? I'll talk to you later."

By then, the Doctor was convinced that this boy is really out of his mind.
"I. Don't. Want. Your. Autograph." She emphasized in an oddly calm manner as she folded her arms, clearly not happy with his stupidity. Taehyung, on the other hand, was still not convinced about her presence. His smirk was still crystal clear on his face.

"I came here to tell you something important." She continued as she looked away. Afraid that she might just kick him if she looked at his face any longer.

"Aha! Tell me tell me" Taehyung grinned as he leaned toward her.

That was it!

"As a Doctor, I think it's my responsibility to take care of my patients. I'm not sure if you know but it's almost 1am now and my patients are trying to sleep. I don't know what you and your team is thinking, screaming and making noise at this time. I would appreciate if you don't make nuisance from now on." She literally raps every line as she looks straight into his eyes, levelling a glare on him.

"Making noise? Well, in our words, it's also known as shooting and working." For the first time, Taehyung says something sensible. Taehyung may be known as a blonde but he makes sure he's right at his place. And he does it by keeping it short and simple unlike the lady Doctor in front of him who chooses to recite a whole book on it.

Had he offended her? Yes. This soon? Yes! Did I forget to mention she was hot headed?

"Well I don't know about shooting and working but I can clearly see you having fun." She says as she tries hard to make sense. Oh yes, she is a typical Miss. Right too. The one who may go on and on just to prove that she's right.
Taehyung knew these kind of personlities quite personally. Min Yoongi - The Perfectionist. A hardworker. Caring too but at showing it. She resembled him. Except for the fact that she blabbered way too much.

"Well I don't know about me but you're clearly stalking me" Taehyung replied as he squinted his eyes. His replies were aloof yet entertaining. You know what was more entertaining? Her reactions!

"I beg your pardon?" She said as she scoffed. "As far as I've noticed, or in your words stalked, I've only seen you talk on the phone not work."

Taehyung's mouth was wide open. He rolled his eyes as he looked here and there, trying to look for the right words. He wanted to say something offensive but he was sensible enough not to do it.

"What the f-? Who are you to judge me, Doctor Beau-" he stopped. Of course he didn't want her to know that he calls her, actually, CALLED her Dr. Beauty. He swore he would never look at her face again. He never liked people who judged anyway. "She may be pretty but what's the use if she's so annoying?" He exclaimed in his mind.

"Doctor what? Beau? B-Beaun? Byuntae? (ert in Korean) Did you just call me a ert?!" She screamed as she gasped. Her eyes widened so much that it threatened it would fall out. Taehyung was much more scared of that than the fact that she misunderstood. 

Before he could even justify, another Doctor arrived the scene.
"What is happening here? Dr. Ir- Er- Inha, whatever! Stop making so much noise. Our patients are sleeping."

That's when Taehyung lost all his . He laughed his out and didn't even try to hold it back. Embarrassment was an understatement for Doctor Irha. Her face was flushed. Embarrassed at the emotions bubbling within her, she pulled away and folded her arms across her chest, marching into the hallway as far and as fast as she could.
Taehyung observed her leaving until she became a tiny dot in the distance.

"First, she judges. Second, she misunderstands. Doctor Inha, you're really something."