The Blinde Date

The Last Song

 

Jimin : "Where are you?"

Hyunjae : "Coming... 2 mins."

Today is the day Jimin got set up on a blind date. And believe it or not, he was more than mortified. Earlier that day, Jimin was getting ready for breakfast when suddenly his mom brought up the topic about his marriage. Just like any other guy, he wanted to escape the topic right away. And just like any other mom, Mrs. Park was not going to give up.

"Ahh I'm bored to go to the restaurant, mom," Jimin shook his head vigorously, sighing in frustration. Jimin's family restaurant, Alice Table, that was previously just in Busan was now in more than 9 places in Seoul and 24 in the whole of South Korea. Jimin had taken all the responsibility in his hands and now it was one of South Korea's biggest franchises.

Back to Park Residence, Jimin's mom was way too adament to give up this time around. She practically started the marriage topic at any opportunity.
"Of course. When it comes to my restaurant, you always get bored." And just like everytime, she starts nagging.
"That's not what I meant, mom. Of course I don't get bored when it comes to you," This time Jimin was surprisingly prepared for the morning drama routine.
"Oh really? Then why don't you ever listen to me?" Mrs. Park folds her arms as she argues.
"Of course I do mom. I will always listen to you. You are my first and last love," Jimin says as he sticks out his tongue, trying to soothe the conversation by using his charms, as usual. 
"Omo. You will listen to me?" His mom asks again and he nods, revealing his wide cute smile.
"Ok then listen to me now." She says sitting up straight.
Jimin could sense something fishy but he brushes it off. The next second made him regret though. Why, you may ask?

"Get married"

"AMMA I.. I'm going to the restaurant ok BYE" Jimin immediately gets up but his mom pulls him back.

"PARK JIMIN!" His mom yells at the top of her lungs. Jimin winces as she screams right in his ears.

"Sit."
"Ok mom." He does what she says. No matter how much of a big celebrity Park Jimin will become, for his mom, he's still her son.
"Listen to me carefully. I've set you up on a blind date tonight."
"No I'm bus-"
"I'm not asking you, Jimin. I'm telling you. Now go choose a suit for yourself. You'll be meeting her in another 4 hours."

Fast forward it to 4 hours and this is where Jimin is now. Sitting on the chair restlessly. Feeling even more uncomfortable as his mom picked the venue which was non other than her own restaurant so that she could keep a close eye on both of them.

As promised, only 2 minutes later, his so-called blind date Lee Hyejung arrives. She recognises him instantly and jogs towards him.

"Jimin.."

Jimin looks up and this time, he doesn't regret. The first thing he notices is her eyes. A beautiful pair of almond shaped eyes that were rimmed by a perfectly winged eyeliner. Her pink glossy lips complimented her black and white formal dress too. She looked like she just got out of a Victoria's Secret photoshoot. Jimin was in awe of her just by one look but still composed himself. After all it's his mom's choice. "Must be the boring types," he thought to himself.

"Annyeong" she greets him with a bow and he does the same.

"Ohh please have a seat" Jimin finally opens his mouth as he pushes the chair for her, like a gentleman.

After about a minute of adjusting and awkward silence, Jimin speaks up.

"So where did you come from?"

"I directly came from my office. I had a last minute meeting so got a little late. Sorry." She says while shuffling through her phone before finally putting it aside.

"Ohh I see" That's what Jimin says to her but in his head, all he could say is "Boring"

"So what do you do?"

"I am working in Rissata, my father's company. It's our family business and  now I am handling it"

"Ohh that's great" Jimin says as he nods his head but not giving in too much, as he tries hard not to get too impressed.

"Park Jimin, calm your , will you?
She's not your type.
She's your mom's choice.
She's not your type.
She's your mom's choice." Jimin chants to himself. That's what he always does in his mind whenever he's nervous. One question though. Why would he be nervous? And one difference. This time, he wasn't saying it in his head.
"Mumbling" The sign of every awkward date ever.
"Excuse me?" Hyunjae asks as she of course overhears his chants.
"Umm what? No. I didn't say anything." Jimin got defensive right away. A very smart (dumb) move indeed.
Hyunjae, though, laughs her off. Guess he didn't expect that from her, did he?
If he was defensive, she was cool. Isn't that a great sign?
It might have been the first time Jimin got this awkward in front of a girl. So awkward, he swore he would run a marathon.
Plus his mom side eyeing them didn't help either.
That's when Jimin took everything in his own hands. Suddenly, out of nowhere, he leaned closer to her much to her surprise.
"Actually... My mom is here in this restaurant too and is constantly looking here. Is it okay.. If we go outside?" he whispers in her ears, trying hard to look cool.
Hyunjae's surprised expression turns into a laughing marathon.

"Hahaha sure"

___________

"Ohh man you don't know my mom. She will stalk you day and night once you become her daughter in la-" Jimin stopped mid sentence and literally too. Nobody saw that coming. He himself never saw that coming.
Hyunjae looked down too, probably embarrassed.

"It's so cute that you still listen to her" Hyunjae changes the topic right away.

"Do you regret it?" Jimin smirks. Well at least he didn't up this time.

"No"

Both blushed. Hyunjae bit her lips as she looked down while Jimin's smile turned his eyes into a crescent.
No doubt, he was liking her.

"Hey why don't we go somewhere? Wait here I'll bring my car," Jimin said as he instantly took a step forward to search for his car but for some reason Hyunjae stopped him.

"Hey I was thinking.. Umm.. Have you ever travelled by bus?"she asks and he instantly gives her a puzzled look.
"I mean, I always travel in my car and honestly.. It's boring. I love travelling by buses. Staying in the crowd. So if you don't mind..." That moment was the moment he realised he had fallen for her. Her behaviour implied her descency. And he didn't have a reason to complain.
"I don't know the meaning of marriage yet but I seem to like this moment," Jimin says to himself as he takes her hand into his, leading her and himself to the bus stop in full confidence. But Alas! She was the one to take the lead anyway as Jimin didn't know the way.

Once an awkward Jimin, Forever an awkward Jimin! That's what girls actually adore about him, right?