Links

The Last Song

 

"Until now, it's Weekly Idol. So see you next week with a new guest and with a whole lot of fun." The owner of the voice announces before ending the shoot and scouting on the couch with a loud thump.
Exhausted, he breathes out a loud sigh before tossing and turning to adjust himself comfortably.

Weekly Idol, then and even now after 10 years, is the most popular show. The only difference is that the hosts have now changed.

"Hoseok," the PD calls out. Hoseok opens his tired eyes to look at him. "You see, your co host is sick and we need an urgent replacement. We need somebody popular to boost this show..." The PD says with a worried expression.
"Oh. What to do now?," Hoseok asks, clueless.
"Umm.. I was thinking.. Well, I'm pretty sure you're still in contact with your band members, right?" The PD asks, beating around the bush.
Hoseok tensed up. Agitated, he pulled himself up. Somehow, he saw this was coming.
"I heard one of your BTS members has become a hot shot right now. And currently, he's the highest paid actor in Korea, am I right? We were thinking of calling him. Try and talk him into coming at a lesser price(?)" The PD asks him nervously with a hopeful smile on his face.

_____

The lights illuminate the sets. The cameras stand still, as though waiting for the subject to arrive. Staffs tramp here and there, frightened to anger the Director. They suddenly stop and flinch after hearing the director shout.

"It's half an hour already. This is the enth time he's late. Call him up quickly! And tell him to come ASAP. So what if he's a top star now?! He thinks he has the right to take us for granted?" The Director says as though he was burning with anger.

"True sir. He always has his dramas. We should have just fired him!," his assistant smirks as he agrees to his boss.

"I regret starring him. That boy needs to learn not to procrastinate," the director says.

"Yes please don't cast him in your next project. We would save much time and even money. His payment is no joke," the assistant slyly speaks.

"Omg so true! What a jerk he is! You guys should really fire him," a deep voice comes from behind as it joins the conversation.

The Director and his assistant turn around to see who it is only to realise that its non other than Kim Taehyung, the infamous actor they were talking about.

Taehyung flashes a quick smile as he continues, "So if the ing session is over, do we go back to work?"

Startled, the ''istant walks away quickly.
The Director rolls his eyes before giving up nagging and instructing about the script to Taehyung instead.

After rehearsing a couple of times, Taehyung makes a move to the actual set. On the way, he overhears few staffs gasping and squealing, which was enough to get his attention. But what actually made him stop in his track was the subject that they were talking about.

"Do you know who's world famous now? Its our very own Jungkook!!"

"Yes duh! He's the talk of the town. He's making our nation proud."

The staffs stop right away when they see Taehyung looking at them. With a blank expression, Taehyung walks away.
They figured something was wrong. What they didn't notice is that when he turned around, he secretly smiled.