Lost

The Last Song

 

It was 7pm in the evening. Hoseok finally wrapped up his shoot and went to Tulip Entertainment, his new agency. Series of flashbacks were flashing in front of him and the PD's words were still echoing in his mind.
He slowly took his place on the sofa. He closed his eyes as he tried to forget about the incident.
He felt somebody else sitting beside him but he didn't budge. Too tired to open his eyes and greet.

"Hobi Hobi Hobi.. Guess what happened?"
A melodious voice comes from beside him. He recognizes the voice. It was the voice of the most gorgeous lady he had laid his eyes on. Her smile was as bright as Hoseok. Her eyes used to always beam with excitement. She was none other than Hoseok's childhood best friend and now his manager. Hoseok had a crush on her.
But the shy Hoseok, YES, the shy guy who lives within the ever so hyper Hoseok couldn't confess his feelings to her. The only thing he was afraid about was to lose his friendship because of a silly confession. A typical one sided story that sinks into the ocean. Only gaining sympathy but not love.

"What happened?" Hoseok said in between sighs as he turned his back toward her.

"Wow! Rude much."

Hoseok was unlike him today. He was thinking about something else. Something that really upsets him everytime he thinks about it.

"Ji Eun, what is it?" Hoseok asked again as he decided that this would be the last time he would ask.

"I had some really good news but you killed the fun."

"Ani. Tell me what is it?," and he gave in again. A major sign of liking someone - Doing the exact opposite of what you think you would do for them.

"Nope. First you tell me." Ji Eun said as a frown grew on her pretty face.

"Tell you what?" Hoseok said as he finally opened his eyes and turned toward her face.

"Tell me why are you so upset?"

He looked at her with his tired yet hopeful red eyes and shook his head as an answer. He wanted to answer but he didn't want to either.

"Ani nothing"

"Ok Mr Hoseok," she replied in a  sarcastic tone, now her turn to turn her back toward him.

"Oh so are we formal now?" Hoseok finally played along. He knew he would instantly feel better after looking at her. And he did.

"Yes. Ever since you started keeping secrets from me." She said without looking at him, trying hard to be angry at such a sunshine.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes with a heavy sigh. This time, he doesn't argue.

"Oh my god something is really wrong with you. Sorry and you?!" By this time, she was convinced that something was really wrong with him. She had known him for a long time now. Even before BTS existed. Yes, Hoseok had a crush on her. But what he didn't know is that once upon a time, she had a crush on him too. Until he found a temporary girlfriend for himself and left her heartbroken. Of course she prioritized friendship over love. She wasn't the type of a woman to be angry or upset over issues like this. She was more than happy to be his best friend, to be by his side in both good and bad times. And now, it was his turn to get the taste of his own medicine.

"I'm just not in the mood," Hoseok replies in an oddly calm manner, something that isn't in his nature.

"Oh.. Okay.." She says in a low voice. He's a human. Of course he has his bad days. Thankfully, she was way too mature for an emotional bundle of joy like him. They both fit each other's personality well. Many people said they were made for each other but they both shrugged it off.
Just when she was about to leave to give him some privacy, Hoseok grabbed her wrist.

"Don't go" he whispered softly.

"What happened Hobi?" She says with a worried expression on her face.

Hobi sighs and finally continues, "Guess who is casted as my temporary co host on the show"

"Umm... I don't know?"

"Taehyung"

__________

"You all have been invited for Star 360" Manager Song said as he entered the practice room.

"But what about Taehyung? He isn't here" Jin asked nervously.

Over the years, Taehyung had positioned himself as the King of Variety. 2022 was the luckiest year for Taehyung. He got signed for 2 more dramas, got offered numerous variety shows. With that came a little pride too. And some of the members clearly didn't like this behaviour change. One of them was Hoseok. 
On the other hand, BTS as a group was among an enormous pressure. Their popularity was declining day by day.

"Calm down guys, I'm back" Taehyung said as he entered the practice room, much amused after overhearing their conversation.

"Sorry I got late. My new drama is going to be a blockbuster and it needs me to be perfect."

"Don't you think yo-" Jhope said in a reflex but stopped immediately too.

"What?" Taehyung asked when he noticed the frown on Hoseok's face.

"Nothing" Hoseok replied as he stood up to switch on the music player.

"No tell me what's the problem?" Taehyung stopped him from going anywhere. They were now face to face.

"Nothing, Taehyung. We need to leave now. Let's practice for the last time." Hoseok said in a stern voice. He tried hard not to look pissed but he failed miserably.

"Hyung... I've observed quite a lot of changes in you nowadays." Taehyung was pissed too and decided to finally speak up for the first time now.

Hoseok scoffed as he looked around to see other members' reaction. They were all looking at them. They knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Namjoon didn't try to stop them either.

"Changes in me? Well why don't you take some time and reflect some changes in you?" Hoseok continued as he looked straight into Taehyung's eyes, glaring him to death.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung raised his voice. His type of defense mechanism.

Hoseok rolled his eyes and walked past Taehyung. He was never the one to start a fight and he wanted to maintain it. Taehyung, on the other hand, was always the one to end the fight right there. He didn't like continuing it for days.

"Oh I get it now" Taehyung smirked. 'I'm offended as f*ck' plastered all over his face.

"Get what?" Hoseok said as he stood still, his back still facing Taehyung.

"You know what they say... Jealousy is just a lack of self confidence."

"Did you just say I'm jealous of you?" Hoseok turned toward Taehyung, gradually taking steps toward him.

"I think you heard me well the first time."

The next thing that happened created history in Bangtan. And also left a permanent scar on Taehyung's face. Taehyung swore he would never forgive Hoseok for it. Hoseok stated that he never wanted to be forgiven in the first place. Others thought this was just a drama that will end in a month. They were wrong. It went on till 5 more months before they all scattered in different ways. It was one of the first fights that lead them to what they are now. After that incident, Taehyung and Hoseok both didn't have a chance to talk or meet.

_________

Until now.

"It's almost 3 years Hobi. It's time to grow up. Forget the past and move on." Ji Eun said as she caressed his hair.

"Ya I am trying, okay? Chuck! You were supposed to tell me something.  What is it?" He tried to change the topic like always.

"Nothing. You are in a bad mood. We'll talk later."

"You said you wanted to share a good news. Hopefully it will change my mood" Hoseok said as he pouted, finally regaining his normal self - the cute hyper type.

JiEun smiled. The smile grew into a grin as she brought her left hand near her face, asking him to figure out something.

His smile, the smile that grew after seeing her smile, faded when he noticed a diamond studded ring placed beautifully on her ring finger.

"And today I lost another friend" he said to himself as he faked a smile.