The Airplane Ride

The Last Song

 

The dark room suddenly gets lit, only to reveal a man spacing out on a chair. It was a conference room. A big black table in the middle was occupied by a projector and some papers. Contracts, to be precise. There were 7-10 chairs around it, organized neatly. Green walls. Long white board on the left and a white screen on the right.

The glass door opens and 7 boys enter one after another.

"Late. You guys are late. At least be early on your last day here," the old man who was already seated on the chair under the dark finally spoke.

"We're sorry Producer Bang," the guys said in unison, for the last time, as they bowed down.

"Be seated."

They nodded and took their places. Suga, though, stood still. A certain type of hesitation could be seen on his face when he looked over at Rap Monster, who was seated on the seat next to him. Without taking a second look, he went across the room to avoid sitting beside the leader.

Producer Bangshik noticed each of their actions but this time, he didn't have the right to instruct them, to correct them, to teach them. This day was the day their contract ended. And none of them seemed to want to renew it.

Producer Band coughed to get everybody's attention.

"Time passed by in a fleet even before I could realize. I've seen you grow into what you are now and all I want to say is it make-" he cuts midsentence as he composes himself. He heaves a heavy sigh before continuing, "Anyway, these are some documents you need to sign. And.. All the best for your future."
With that, he leaves. He leaves even before they could react. Even before they could stand up and bow 90 degrees while wording a thank you for the last time, just like they used to say during interviews, music shows. Just like they did when they were Bangtan Sonyeondan.

One by one, they walked up to where the papers were compilled and signed on it. Min Yoongi was the first one to leave the room. Without greeting each other or even simply bidding a goodbye, all of them parted ways. All of them except one.

"Jin Hyung," Jungkook called out for the oldest hyung who sat still on the chair, staring at the documents blankly.

"Ji-"

__________

"Aahhh," Jungkook shot up straight from his VIP airplane seat as he felt a heavy bag fall right on his feet.

"I am so sorry!" The owner of the bag immediately apologised. Jungkook looked up just to shoot a glare. A magazine that was previously positioned to cover his face now only revealed his eyes, which seemed to intensify the glare. The owner though seemed to care less. Instead, she was scanning through the number plates to search for her seat.

"Oh there it is!" She exclaimed as she found her number plate.. Exactly beside Jungkook.

She put on a smile of victory as she gazed at her seat before turning her attention back to Jungkook. That's when Jungkook finally got a clear look of her. She was a beautiful woman with light brown eyes, wavy jet black hair, pursed slightly red tinted lips and a lean body.  Her white dress shirt and dark brown skinny jeans seemed to grasp his attention too as he scanned her from head to toe. Not quite giving up the glare.
Her smile quickly turned into a gasp as she observed that the man was still staring. Let's rephrase. Glaring.

"I'm really sorry," she said nervously.
"It's okay," he said, nevertheless, as he tried to suppress his whimper.

As the announcement begins, she quickly places herself next to him.

"Oh God I'm exhausted. It was such a long day!" She speaks up right as she looks outside the window, her expressions changing drastically.

"By the way, I'm Aria. A filmmaker in making haha. I currently work for Discovery channel an-," she stops when she turns her head toward the man she was supposedly having a conversation with. She frowns at the sight of him casually reading the magazine that previously covered his face rather than giving her attention.
"Umm hey you're not upset about the incident, right?," she speaks again. Did I forget to mention she was a chatter box?

And again, there was no response. She scrunched her eyebrows as she observed how amazing he was at ignoring.

She sighs as she shifts her gaze to the front. "Is he really not going to talk for the next 14 hours?," she thinks to herself as she looks at him again. She couldn't really take a good look of his face as he was too busy reading the magazine to even look up at her. Just when she was about to give up, she notices something. "Maybe that could steer up a conversation" she thinks to herself as she adjusts on her seat.

"Oh hey isn't that Jungkook?" Aria asks as she points at the magazine. "Boy I'm telling you he's one heck of a jerk, trust me. Just like other Hollywood stars. No talent. Just a number of scandals that help him get attention."

Jungkook stays still. With a smile that hid his obviously offended soul, he finally looked up from the magazine and straight at her.

"What the f-" her eyes widened as she gulped back her words. Jungkook's smile disappeared as he lifted his eyebrow.

"A- I mean.. I- I was just kidding... You know... Just to get your attention. Haha. See I knew you would finally notice me if I said that hehe," she tried hard to explain herself, even repeating the same sentence again and again. Jungkook simply rolled his eyes as he went back to reading the magazine.

.   .   .   .

"Excuse me..." After exactly 2 minutes, Aria started again.

"Oh God!" was the only thing that came out of Jungkook as he minimized the volume of the music, biting at his lower lip, trying to control his temper.

"I heard you're from South Korea," it was more of a question. After a brief pause, she continued, "You can't imagine how excited I am to go there!! Even though my visit is for official purposes, I'm pretty sure I'll fetch a day or two just to travel. Can you suggest some very good places to travel to?"

"That's it!" He says in his mind as he places the magazine on his face and pretends to take a nap, acting like he didn't hear her in the first place.

___________

 

"Excuse me mam. We have reached South Korea," a soft voice wakes Aria up from her sleep. She blinks her eyes, trying to wake herself up. The first thing she notices is that the arrogant stranger so-called Jungkook was long gone. She looks around to notice that the whole plane was already empty. She quickly picks herself up from the seat as she gets some help from the airhostess to get her luggage.

"Finally!" She mutters as she makes her way out of the plane.