Piano

The Last Song

 

The door bell rings vigorously.

"Mirah... MIRAH..."

Mirah looks up from her laptop. Surprised, she strides toward the door quickly.

She opens the door. Her half drunk husband makes his way into the house. He trips down a little and she tries to help him.
"Are you fine?" she asks.
He refuses her help.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm fine" he says as he lies on the couch.

Mirah immediately walks toward the kitchen to bring water. His tired eyes threatened to sleep but he fought back for some reason.
Mirah brings him some water and instructs, "Drink it. You will feel better."
"No thanks," he says in a calm way.
"Okay I will serve dinner for us. Even I haven't eaten."
"You eat. I am not hungry." he says and walks toward a small room.
"Yoongi," she calls out for him as he leaves the living room.

Yoongi enters a dark room. Without even switching on the lights, he walks toward the center of the room. He throws his blazer on the empty chair as he sits on it.
He sits still as he stares at the grand piano in front of him. A beautiful, bell like sound floods the room. Yoongi randomly pressed the keys of ivory white and the smaller keys of charcoal black. The music turns to be as dark as the room. Anybody could feel the sadness of the music seep into their body slowly if they would have heard it.
A knock on the door interrupts the melancholic music. Yoongi heaves a long irritated sigh as he says, "Come in!"
The door opens to reveal his beautiful wife.
"Yoongi-ssi... Are you alright? Please don't starve yourself. You skipped your lunch too," she says softly. A deep concern could be noticed in her voice.
"I said I don't want to eat, Mirah" he replies, trying to be as calm as possible. An awkward silence fills the room.

"Please leave the room," he speaks as he tries to be polite.
She looks down, stricken by remorse and leaves the room.

Yoongi, on the other hand, the keys softly as he continued playing on the brown piano. Without even realising, he began to play an old, familiar melody. A melody that they once all sang together.

 

I'm a born singer jom neujeobeorin gobaek I swear

eonjenna meolgiman haesseotdeon shingiruga noon abe isseo

 

Yoongi half sings-half hums in his deep yet soft voice.

Mirah, from the other side of the door, stands still. Slowly, her lips break into a smile as she leans on the door.

"You still care... Min Suga."
__________

Author's Note:

Hello, lovely ARMYs!
So how did you like the story so far?
I'm sorry if the chapters were too short. These were just introductory chapters that's why. The real plot will start from the next chapter. So stay tuned.

Please comment and share your thoughts. Thank you 😘