Chapter 8

My Paparazzi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Soo Ah! Please! I'm really curious!" Da Bom pleaded with her puppy eyes as she followed me around the office department.

"For the love of God, let it go!" I cried out.

After Da Bom rescued me from the uncomfortably crammed toilet a few days ago, she hadn't stop pestering me to 'spill the deed'. She followed me everywhere. In the office, when I was savouring my precious coffee at the pantry table, she would set her face just an inch away from mine. When I pretended to be busy with some paperwork, she would stand closely behind. At home, She would spam me at least 20 messages regarding the incident.

No matter how many times I told her that nothing happened, she wouldn't believe me. I was telling the truth though. Nothing happened. If this was a Shakespeare novel, Min Gyu and I would be Romeo and Juliet. But this is the reality.

I never got a chance to share my past with him because Da Bom barged in right before I could speak. Her eyebrows rose a notch, her eyes bulged. She did not blink for a good 20 seconds. At that instant, I knew calling Da Bom was a bad idea. Though I must say, she was smart enough to bring the cleaning lady in. I doubt such a mini sized girl like her could break the door down.

We didn't realise that the handicapped toilet was out of bound when dumb Min Gyu decided to lock us in without reading the apparent sign that was pasted flat on the door. He left in a flash right after we got released. He was too embarrassed to be reprimanded by the cleaning lady.

I've calculated. It has been 75 hours and Da Bom still has no plans in letting this go.

"Aw... You're shy." She beamed, "You are so in love!"

I stared at her in disbelief. The last thing I would do in my very existence is to fall for Kim Min Gyu. Don't get me wrong. After what I've heard from him back there, I do sympathise with him. But that doesn't mean I'm bound to fall in love with him. I knew better than to be romantically linked with a celebrity. Besides, it's not like I'm ever going to see him again.

Da Bom might be adorable, but adorable can be annoying. Especially when she wouldn't leave me alone.

"C'mon Soo Ah, you were stuck with him for some time and you're telling me nothing happened between you guys? Not even like heart fluttering moments?" She pushed on, holding her hands close to her chest.

"I'm going to have to agree with Da Bom on this one."

It was Joshua. He walked out of his office holding a piece of paper. He leaned onto a nearby desk and crossed his arms as he studied my expression. I'm not even going to mention how Da Bom was trying so hard to suppress her squeals and giggles.

"You do remember that you're not allowed to be involved in any kind of relationship with the idols, right? It's strictly business." Joshua said.

It took me a few seconds to realise that he was talking about the rule book he gave me on my first day.

"There will be no relationship." I assured him.

"Good." He said before handing me the piece of paper he was holding on to, "Because, your next assignment requires you to take a photo of Min Gyu being affectionate with Sa Reon."

To think that I was done with the Min Gyu drama, I guess I spoke a little too soon.

"You're kidding me, right?" I said, with a straight face.

"Nope." He replied.

"But, why?!" I curled my lips into a frown to indicate my frustration.

"Well..." Joshua continued, "Netizens are speculating that Min Gyu and Sa Reon only got married because their family forced them to, so I need you to prove them wrong."

"But it's true!" I cried out.

"Soo Ah, I understand that you are in love with Min Gyu, but this is a total hoax. Anyone can see that. If there's one thing that the paparazzi department taught me, it is to never believe what the netizens have to say. They're really devious with their words." Da Bom deadpanned.

I had both their eyes pinned on me. They looked at me as if I was a delusional Min Gyu enthusiast.

"No, you don't understand! It's true! His manager told me!" I exclaimed, flailing my arms desperately in the air.

As I've recalled, Seungkwan, Min Gyu's manager, did tell me once when we were at Min Gyu family's event. I wasn't lying.

"Why would his manager even talk to you? You're a paparazzi!" Joshua pulled a face. One of his brows curled up and mouth shaped into an 'o', clearly not buying it.

"Forget it." I dropped m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter