Chapter 1

My Paparazzi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was determined to get what I wanted this time. I promised myself that I wouldn't fail again. The head of my department had just called me into his office. I let myself into his office as I sat opposite him.

Oh how nerve-wracking. Is he just not going to speak? I'm scared witless, I think I could die. I wish I could dig a hole and bury myself in it. I couldn't even look up to face him, my eyes are fixated on the ground, my palms are sweating and I'm even biting the insides of my cheeks. I would do anything to get myself out of this situation, but my fate has never been one of those. I was never the lucky one.

"Soo Ah..." He called softly.

"Ye...yeah?" I responded timidly.

"How is it possible that you could disappoint me again, and again and again and again!" He rolls his eyes as he emphasized each word on how disappointed he was in me. He looked at me as if I was the most revolting creature on Earth.

I was supposed to catch a certain someone having an affair with another certain someone. But I failed obviously. And that caused my department to lose quite a bit of money. Let's just say our client wasn't too thrilled when she heard about my failed attempts. This wasn't the only time I failed though. That explains why I'm sitting right across my boss right now and the reason why he's firing death glares at me. It's so bad, I could almost feel the burn.

I was about to open my mouth to start defending myself with any bull excuse I could think of at that moment, but he cut me off.

"I'm transferring you to the Idol department."

"Wait, What? You promised me-"

"Excuse me, who art thou to talk to me about promises, you broke yours so many times that I could barely keep track. How many times have you promised to not fail? How many times have you told me to give you one more chance? Huh?!" He exploded as he stood up from his seat, his face a few inches from mine. I was clearly intimidated.

"I'm sorry Chief, I really am, if you would just give me one more chance-"

"Nu-uh hush, my decision is final, Hun. Get out of my office before I change my mind and depose you off your position." He then signaled me to get out. I knew at that moment there was nothing I could've done to change that annoying dimwit's mind.

It is final. I'm officially a member of the "Catch Idols in Action" league. How tragic can this get? My dream of being in the real media industry, a journalist, just poof, gone like that. From now on, I would be labelled as just another paparazzi. A low life nobody that deserves to be wiped off from the surface of this planet, because I shouldn't stick my nose into somebody else's business.

Furthermore, I hate idols, they are arrogant and they walk the streets as if the whole world owes it to them. They think that they have this large fan base that would protect them 24/7. What a joke, maybe I should really take on this paparazzi role, maybe this is where I can finally shine. Maybe I can finally make big bucks for the company as I catch these idols dating, in bed or whatever.

Oh, what a genius I am. I must be bonkers. I need to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter