Chapter 4

My Paparazzi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They're getting married?!" Da Bom shrieked. She was so loud that everyone else in the department gawped at her as she was left open-mouthed.

"Keep it down..." I hushed. I pushed her chin up to signal her that she was being too overly dramatic.

"Bu...but... How would you know? You don't even have any evidence to back that up!"

"Are you questioning my honour?" I stared at her intensely.

"Nope. Wouldn't dare to." She gulped, immediately regretting what she had asked. She grinned sheepishly as if she had just done an irreversible mistake.

"It blew up on the internet, it was all over the news too." I responded, knowing that she awaited the reply that she was too afraid to ask for.

"It must be true then..." She paused and pursed her lips.

"That is so romantic! I could only imagine me and Joshua being together like this..." She exclaimed, intertwining both her hands. I could almost see hearts forming in her eyes.

It was only my second time talking to Da Bom and she was already openly expressing her emotions towards me. Like you could literally tell if she was happy or sad. I pondered the question of how one could be so happy all the time. I hate to admit it, but I do envy her cheerfulness. I like her. She's so innocent and gullible, it makes me want to shield her from any potential harm. I do hope she finds a man that could treat her right.

"What's so romantic?" Joshua intervened out of the blue, causing Da Bom to squeal.

She turned away at full tilt. I didn't even have to look at her to know that she was blushing. I noticed how Joshua cracked a smile at her behaviour, I couldn't help but envisioned the both of them together, they would be cute if it wasn't for their 6 years . But then again, it's 2016 and love wins.

"Min Gyu and Sa Reon. They're engaged." I replied.

"Oh, that. So you knew about that too?" I nodded in response to his question.

"Excellent. Because that is exactly why I'm here." Not knowing why he said that, I raised my eyebrows. He then continued as he beamed, "To deliver you your new assignment!"

Seriously? And that's something worth to be happy about?

"Yay..." I cheered sarcastically as I raised both my arms.

"C'mon, it'll be fun. I promise."

"It's not Min Gyu related, right?" I was actually feeling a little uneasy when I asked that question. The last thing I wanted to do was to deal with that Kim Bastard, and everyone he was associated with.

"Well..." He grimaced as I heaved a sigh of misery.

Frankly, I saw that coming. What could possibly be more interesting than Kim Min Gyu's life, right? He's the top star, every teen's choice, every hormonal girl's fantasy, and not forgetting; a complete trashy douche bag.

"Just take it as a once in a lifetime experience. Goodluck!" He passed me the brief and made his way back to his office.

"Wow...His smile is so incredibly cute." Da Bom spazzed.

I realised how quiet she would become whenever Joshua was around, it's nice seeing her getting all embarrassed and shy in front of him.

I shook my head and sat back down on my desk. I flip opened the first page and the first thing I saw was, "KMG EXPLICIT". Curious, I looked through the pages eagerly to find out what exactly was this assignment about. And it turned out, I was tasked to take a picture of Min Gyu half-. There was even a page full of tips and tricks for explicit photo taking. I am officially done with life.

How the hell was I supposed to do that?! Joshua must be really out of his mind. I can't believe that this was his idea of fun. And does our company bear some sort of ill will towards Min Gyu? They were so desperate to ruin his image.

I thought that this KMG EXPLICIT idea was too ridiculous, it felt impossible to achieve. I was about to march into Joshua's office to tell him off when suddenly, I had a eureka moment.

It wasn't impossible after all. I believed it was because I thought there was no way I could get into Min Gyu's mansion. But now that i think of it, my father could get me in. He works for Min Gyu's father, and he is even the chief secretary. He must've had been to Min Gyu's house many times before. I could get him to get me in.

For once, it felt like the heavens were on my side.

Here I come, Kim Min Gyu.

 

❤❤❤ 

 

"No."

"Daddy, please." I begged. 

It's been 15 minutes since I first started beseeching my father to bring me to Min Gyu's house. He insisted that I gave him a reason to, but I couldn't possibly tell him that his daughter had to take half pictures of Min Gyu, right? My father would slice my fingers.

"No means no, Soo Ah. I don't have any reasons to bring you in." My father said. Sigh, always so quick to reject me.

"Fine! I'll give you a reason! I...I...I am in love with Min Gyu, dad. I just want to let him know of my heart before he gets married to Sa Reon. I'm your daughter, is that really too much to ask of you?" I lied as I pretend to tear up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter