Chapter 6

My Paparazzi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you Apple, for implementing 'Recently Deleted'.

I wasted no time. I jumped to my study desk and started up my laptop instantaneously. The brief said to post the photo on all social media platforms and that was exactly what I was going to do.

"You are so dead, Kim Min Gyu. Didn't your mother teach you to never mess with a woman?" I said to myself as I gritted my teeth.

I was being a little tad spiteful. How could I not? We've only met three times and he managed to make me want to crawl into a hellhole and not come out until the moles did. So that nobody could feel the heat radiating off my face. He practically embarrassed me every single time we met. From outside his house, to the party, to his bathroom.

The more I think of them, the more spiteful I get.

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Check. I let out a snicker as I clicked on the 'Post' icon.

"You're dead now, Kim Min Gyu." I said to myself.

I shut down my laptop before jumping onto my bed. I put on my sleeping mask from Laneige while I let myself fall into a deep slumber.

Tomorrow's going to be a good day, I thought.

 

❤❤❤


 

"Good job, Soo Ah! I didn't know you had it in you." Joshua complimented.

I don't know if I should take that as an insult or a compliment. Joshua can be so blunt sometimes.

"Yeah Soo Ah! You did well! I'm super proud!" Da Bom squealed.

Both Joshua and Da Bom crowded around my desk as they congratulated me. Da Bom must be really happy for me for successfully executing my assignment that she forgot to be shy in front of Joshua. I'm just thanking God that they didn't question on how I got the photo, that would be a really embarrassing story to tell.

I must say I am really proud of myself too. Judging from the absurdity of all these people, I wasn't even supposed to survive in this department, yet alone accomplishing something. The only people deemed normal were Joshua and Da Bom. Even though they could still be a little insane sometimes.

I guess the embarrassment was worth it. Kim Min Gyu was just like any other obstacle that I had to step over in order to achieve bigger dreams. I was one step closer to being a journalist.

On this joyous day, how could I not reward myself with some coffee? I have a serious addiction to caffeine. It probably started out when I was burning the midnight oil back in high school. People my age were either addicted to alcohol or weed, but I was just a plain ol' er for the brown. Back in the days, I would raise a ruckus if I don't get my coffee. However, it got better now. Trust me.

I made my way over to the office pantry to prepare myself some instant coffee.

Sigh, the smell itself could get me so excited. I stirred my coffee and I was all ready to drink it when a low 'psst' could be heard.

Curious, I turned to see who it was. And through the glass wall, there stood a suspicious looking man covered from head to toe in black. He wore a black cap barely showing his eyes, a black mask covering both his mouth and nose, a black oversized hoodie, black sweatpants and a black Maison Margiela sneakers.

I scanned him from head to toe. He couldn't be a terrorist, I mean he's wearing Maison Margiela for god's sake. Those are designer shoes! But at the same time, he looked so cautious about his surroundings, as if he was afraid someone would recognise him.

"Psst! Psst!" The man beckoned.

"Me?" I mouthed, pointing towards myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter