Unexpected Encounters

The Forgotten

 

I remain silent as I tried to remember about it. This moment, I've experienced it before but- when? When did this moment happen? "Yujin, are you okay?"Soo Hyun's voice snapped me out from my thought.

 

I looked up at him and blinked my eyes innocently as he extended his hand toward me, offering a help. I reached his hand and he quickly help me get up. "Is there anything wrong?"he asked again as he tried to search my face.

 

I shook my head and gulped. "No-nothing."I lied and sighed. He slightly nodded. "I think that's all we got for today."he beamed and turned his gaze toward three fishes that we put on a wide leaf.

 

"Let's go now."he smiled, pulling my hand and grabbed the fishes. We walked back into the forest and suddenly bumped onto Kibum who was bringing a basket of different types of fruits.

 

"Are we heading back?"he asked, blinking his eyes innocently. Soo Hyun quickly nodded. "We've got enough."he beamed. Kibum agreed, so we continued to walk back to our own place.

 

When we arrived, squealed of joys were heard from the boys. They quickly approached us and helped taking all the foods before serving it.

 

They cooked the fish and served it in front of me. We started to eat. I shove the fruits into my mouth but then stopped when I saw someone handed me a fish.

 

I looked up and saw Kibum was smiling. "Have some of it."he offered. I gulped and slowly pinched the fish, shoving it into my mouth. "It's- delicious."I smiled awkwardly.

 

Kibum'sface brighten up. "Really? I'm the one who cooked it!"he squealed happily. My breathe skipped. "Yah! I'm the one who cooked it too."Alexander interrupted and pouted.

 

I quickly turned my gaze at him. My heart started to thump really hard. "Yeah, you only help me tasting it."Kibum stuck out his tongue at him.

 

"Your food won't taste delicious if I didn't try it."Alexander pouted and angrily shove the fruits into his mouth. "Yeah, yeah. Good job, Xanderhyung."Kibum chuckled and happily drank the water beside him.

 

Sweats started to form on my forehead. Why is it so same?

 

Is this some kind of- deja vu?

 

----

 

I blinked my eyes for a few times, trying my best to fall asleep. But, the more I tried, the more I felt that it's useless. I sighed in defeated.

 

There's a thing that can't make me fall asleep. I kept thinking about what had happened before. I accidentally heard my family's conversation. They wanted to sell me so, I ran away.

 

But then, I was knocked by a van and was unconcious. When I woke up, I was at this place. The place that they called Neverland. I met my family- again.

 

They were really same. Their appearances and their voices. Even the way they treated me were same. If they are not the same people, why did they have to act really similar?

 

And if this is not a heaven, then what it is? Am I still alive or dead?

 

And the thing that really creeps me out is- why did everything here were like replayed? Just like when my first day I met my family. It were same. Too similar.

 

I tilted my head toward the sleeping boys and frowned. Who are they actually?

 

Suddenly, something hit my head. I remembered about what had happened at the river. I think I've experienced the same thing that Soo Hyun and I did before. But, what is it? It seems like I couldn't remember it well.

 

I sigh in defeated. I sat up, placing my hand on my forehead and gulped. I need to do something. Something that could help me find out about what is really happening here. Maybe, I should start at the river. It's the best place where I could find a clue, maybe.

 

Slowly, I stood up, hoping to not make any sound that might caused the boys to wake up. I bit my lower lip, tip toeing toward the dark forest alone. Sometimes, I glanced back and forth at the boys, making sure they didn't woke up.

 

As soon as I entered the forest, I sighed in relief. I took a deep breathe, and quickly took a step forward. I walked through the path that Kibum made during our way toward the river. I pulled some of the branches away to make my vision clearer onto the path.

 

After a few moments, I heard the sound of the water splashes. It's the waterfall! I'm getting nearer!

 

I quicken my steps, hoping to arrive there as fast as I could. I saw a small space, signalling that I finally arrive. A smile appeared on my lips when I saw the waterfall, along with the sounds of the water lapping.

 

But, that smile faded when I saw seven unknown guys standing at a big rock. They stared at me without even blinked their eyes. I frowned and somehow, my heart started to thump really hard.

 

"Hello, Yujin."I heard one of the guy beamed. He slowly walked toward me and an evil smirk appeared on his face.

 

"We've been waiting for you."