Going Back

The Forgotten

 

We sat on a circle, remain silent as none of us spoke. It was really awkward. Only the sound from the campfire could be heard. I secretly glanced at my family, who was in deep thought; thinking about something I didn't knew. I gulped, changed my gaze back toward the campfire.

 

"Look,"Kiseop suddenly broke the awkward silent. All of us looked at him and waited. "We need to get Yujin out of here."he continued, changing his gaze toward us one by one. I frowned. What does he meant? From the beginning, they always said that they need to get me out of here.

 

They said that I didn't belong here. What is this place?

 

"How?"DongHo asked and gulped as he looked at me secretly. Kiseop remain silent, didn't knew how to reply his question. They sighed in unison and quickly looked down onto the ground. I bit my lower lip. I need to know what is really happening here.

 

"Can I- ask something?"I blurted, caused them to look at me in unison. "What is- Neverland? And what is- Paradise?"my heart started to thump really hard when I finished my words. I really need to know this. All of them looked at each other as if were feeling hesitated whether to reply my question or not.

 

They sighed. "I think we should tell her."Eli suggested as he looked at Soo Hyun. Soo Hyun slightly nodded and took a deep breathe before he looked at me straight into the eyes. "Neverland,"he started and gulped. "Is a place where you can stay forever young."he stated and sighed. "The reason why you can stay forever young here is because,"he paused for a while.

 

"You are- forgotten."he bit his lower lip. I was taken aback when I heard it. F-Forgotten? What does that meant?

 

"I don't understand."I muttered, clenching my shirt tightly as I buried my face between my knees and my arms. They sighed in unison and looked at each other. "You shouldn't come here at the first place, Yujin."Kibum quickly interrupted.

 

I looked at him and frowned. "Please let me know everything. Everything about this place, about you guys and- about my- 'friends'."I gulped. All of them remain silent for a while, thinking of the best way to reply my question. "Like we've said before,"Aj started. "You don't belong here, Yujin. This is a mistake."he continued.

 

"Neverland is a place for all the forgotten. Everything's here is forgotten by-"he gulped and secretly glanced at the others. "Forgotten by who?"I asked, started to feel curious. "By- you."Hoon finished Aj's words. I looked at him and gulped. "Forgotten by- m-me?"I asked again and frowned. They slightly nodded in unison.

 

At that time, I could felt my heart beated faster than usual. I gulped but still-I don't really understand what were they talking about? This is nonsense! How can these things happened?

 

"Wait! But- but how? How did I come here? How can everything that I forgot is living? And who the hell is the guys?"I threw them a ton of questions. They sighed heavily and then I felt something held my hands. I looked up and saw Kiseop was smiling weakly at me. "Everything's here is the thing that you had forgot."he beamed.

 

"The reason why there's no moon nor the stars are because you didn't forget about it."Soo Hyun continued. "The guys who wanted you to join them in Paradise are your imaginary friends that you had forgot. Paradise is a place where you won't be able to become the memories of anyone. Means that you'll never be someone's memories anymore."Kibum interrupted.

 

"Neverland is a place for the forgotten but there is still a way for you to escape and become unforgotten."DongHo continued. "The reason why you came here is because you wanted to be forgotten."Kevin finished their words. I frowned at their statement and gulped. "Maybe because you doesn't want to be sell by your family. Or- should we say- by us."Alexander looked at me sadly.

 

I was step aback when I heard it. So- they knew about it? They had knew it from the beginning!

 

"Why did you guys said that I don't belong here?"I gritted my teeth as my heart started to thump really hard than before. "Because-"Hoon interrupted. "You are not dead."he continued. My breathe skipped when I heard it. "Do you remember the last thing that happened to you before you came here?"Kibum asked.

 

I remain silent for a while. "I was- knocked by- a van."I bit my lower lip. "And you are now in coma. You are not dead, Yujin."Soo Hyun reassured. I looked at him and frowned. "Why am I here? If I'm not dead, then why am I being here? And why did everything happened here were like replaying? It's just too same!"I beamed as I gulped.

 

They sighed and shook their heads. "Like we've said before. You wanted to be forgotten when you found out that 'we' are going to sell you. And the reason why everything's here were like replaying is because they are the memories that you wanted to forgot, Yujin."Kiseop stated. I blinked my eyes in disbelief.

 

"Neverland,"Eli interrupted. "You created Neverland. A place where everything you forgot stored."he continued. I gulped and looked down onto the floor. Is this true? Neverland is my creation? Where everything that I forgot lives? How can this thing happen?

 

"Wait!"I beamed and quickly looked up. "If Neverland is a place where the forgotten lives, then why are you guys here? I didn't forgot about you guys."I stated. Cold sweats started to form. They looked at each other and gulped.

 

"We are not fully forgotten by you, Yujin."Hoon replied. "We are just- the other side of our ownself that you wanted to forget."he continued. I frowned. The other side of theirselves that I wanted to forget? "You must've wanted to forget about our other side, the side that took care of you, loves you when you found out that we are going to sell you."Alexander beamed.

 

At that time, my face fell, so do my shoulders. The other side of them. It's true. I really wanted to forget about it when I know they wanted to sell me. All this time, they were lying and I don't want to believe in them anymore. But, why did I felt everything they told me was- true?

 

"You need to get out from this world, Yujin. You doesn't belong here."Kevin reassured. I looked at him and gulped. Me- doesn't belong here. And means that I need to go back to my own world.

 

But- what if my family sell me when I went back? They'll sell me to some unknown peoples and I don't want that to happen.

 

I looked up at them and bit my lower lip. "I don't want to go back."I beamed, caused them to step aback with my own statement. "If I go back, my family will sell me. It's better to live here and live with your other sides rather than being sell to someone you didn't know."I screeched and gulped. Kibum shook his head.

 

"No, you can't."he beamed, eyes looking at me with serious expression. "You can't live here. You need to go back and stay alive."he protested. I shook my head as tears started to form. "I don't want! I don't want to be sell to anyone!"I yelled, quickly stood up and ran away from them. "Yujin, wait!"I heard them shouted.

 

I ignored it. I don't want to go back. Living in that world just like living in a hell. I don't want to be sell. I wanted to live with my family again. The family that will took care of me and loves me just like before.

 

I ran as fast as I could, hoping that they won't be able to catch me and send me back. I don't want to live in that world. I want to live here! It's okay if I was forgotten, as long as I don't live in that hell!

 

Suddenly, as I ran, I tripped onto something and fall forward. My body crashed onto the ground and I winced, couldn't bare the pain that I received. I bit my lower lip and helped myself to get up. I was in crawling position when someone stood in front of me. I looked up and saw Kiseop was staring at me sadly.

 

I swallowed a mouthful of my saliva and step aback, hoping he won't catched me. "Yujin."he beamed and quickly grabbed my hand. "No! Let go!"I shouted as I tried to escape from his grip. "Yujin, listen to me!"he yelled, caused me to stop struggling. "You are not allowed to live here."he held my shoulders tightly.

 

"And why can't I live here?!"I hissed, glaring at him fiercely. Tears started to flow on my cheek. "Because we love you."his answer made me paused. I stared deeply into his eyes. Because- they love me? "We can't loose you, so please! Listen to us, Yujin."he sadly stated. I gulped. My family loves me?

 

"Yujin!"I heard the others called my name. I turned my head and saw the others were approaching. They stopped and gathered around me. "Are you okay?"Soo Hyun asked, searching for wounds on my knee. "Is it true?"I suddenly blurted as I looked up at them.

 

"Is it true- you guys love me?"I bit my lower lip. They blinked their eyes and slowly, a warm smile appeared on their faces. "Of course we love you. You are our family."Alexander gently rubbed my hair. I looked up at him and soon tears flow once again. "But-"I sobbed. "If I go back, I won't get to meet you guys again. You guys will sell me."I wiped the tears roughly, hoping it to stop.

 

"As long as you have faith in us, we won't."Eli interrupted. I looked at him, still sobbed. "Our other sides are forgotten, and you need to have faith on us. Have faith that miracles will happen, Yujin."Aj continued. I looked at them as they smiled warmly. Have faith.

 

They're right. I need to have faith in them. Though they must've been wanted to sell me, but their other sides still loving me, care for me. How dumb I am to misunderstood about this before? Why did my faith toward them gone?

 

"You need to live, Yujin. You deserve to live."Hoon smiled. I looked at him and gulped. Then, I closed my eyes slowly. Thinking of their smiles before I completely shut my eyes. Have faith that their other sides still exist when I come back. Have faith that my family still loves me.

 

Have faith.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

I opened my eyes slowly. My head felt dizzy and my body was feeling numb. I blinked a few times to get a clearer vision. Once my vision was clear, I saw a white lamp shone directly to my eyes. I flinched and realized something covering my head. I looked at my body. My hand was wrapped with the band aid, so do my head.

 

There is small needle injected my right hand and let the water from the tube bag to flow. I bit my lower lip as I tried to sat up. Am I at the hospital?

 

"Yujin!"I heard a familiar voice coming from the door. I looked up, just to see my family was running toward me. Kiseop quickly hugged me as soon as he approached me. My eyes widened when I realize that- I'm already in my own world.

 

"We were worried about you."Kiseop beamed as he cupped my cheek.

 

"Are you okay now?"

 

"Does anywhere still hurt?"

 

"Do you want something to eat?"

 

"How about your head?"

 

Each one of them threw me a ton of questions which I can't really reply. I looked at them and bit my lower lip. "Do you need anything?"Eli asked, leaning his body closer toward me. I looked at him and gulped. "An answer."I replied. All of them were step aback when they heard it. I changed my gaze at them one by one and gulped.

 

"Are you guys going to- sell me?"my voice barely escaped my throat. I knew they were feeling shock when I asked them. All of them sighed in unison. Kiseop cupped my cheek and made me looked at him. "We are sorry, Yujin."he beamed as my heart started to beat faster.

 

"It's all ourfault."he continued, leaning his face closer. Kiseop landed his forehead onto my forehead and sighed.

 

"We won't sell you. We won't let you go because-"he gulped. "You are our sister, our family."he smiled weakly. Tears rolled down my cheek. The others patted my back and shoulders as they smiled at me. "We've realize our mistakes and we won't ever let anyone have you because you are our responsible."Alexander beamed.

 

I bit my lower lip as tears kept flowing from my eyes. Kiseop patted my head and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, feeling touch on how much they love me.

 

They are right. I should have faith in them. I should have faith in my family.

 

Because

 

They are

 

My family.