The Truth

The Forgotten

 

It had been almost two month since I live with my new family, U-KISS. Seriously, I had so much fun living with them. Alexander always tried to make some jokes, Soo Hyun really cares about me and helped me with the house cores, Kibum always cooked new recipes for me, Kiseop was always there to hear my problems, Aj is my 'bodyguard' since he wanted me to call him that.

 

Hoon wasn't really talkactive but whenever I need helps, he's always there. Eli is kinda hard to communicate. Whenever he didn't understand what I'm saying to him, he'll always act like a pigeon. He called himself a handsome pigeon anyway. Kevin always forced me to wear make-ups and seriously, he had changed me. From a girl who dislikes make-ups has now addicted to it.

 

And Dong Ho, though it's kinda hard for me to get together with him since we really had a lot of fights, I'm sure that he cares for me. I can see it deep in his pure eyes whenever he looked at me. Not bad though.

 

 

 

I hopped toward Kiseop who was watching the television with Kibum. "Oppa,"I spoke softly, hoping to not wake Eli who was sleeping beside him. He turned his head toward me and smiled. "What is it?"he asked. "I need your help."I replied, eyes sometimes glanced at Kibum.

 

"I can help you with anything. Tell me."he excitedly spinned his body, facing me. "Em, do you know- how to make- kimchi?"I whispered and gulped. Kiseop's eyes widened when he heard it. "You want to make kimchi?"he blurted; caused me to panic. I don't want Kibum to know about this. I'm making the kimchi for him!

 

I shut Kiseop's mouth with my hand and worriedly peeked onto Kibum who wasn't paying any attention toward us, except the television. I sigh in relief and slowly loosen my hand. "What's wrong?"Kiseop asked as his eyebrow urked, knowing that I'm trying to hide something. I gulped, sweats forming on my forehead.

 

"Kibum'sbirthday."I whispered to him, carefully to not let Kibum heard it. Kiseop blinked his eyes in disbelief as he stared at me. "What?"I asked him back, realizing his stares. "You planned to make something for him?"he asked back.

 

I nodded and smiled. "I wanted to make him a gift. Kimchi suits it well since he made me some when I first came here."I giggled and slightly peeked toward Kibum, who was yet watching the television. Kiseop slightly nodded and turned to look at Kibum secretly. He chuckled slightly when he realize Kibum wasn't paying any attention toward us at all.

 

"Okay, I'll help you."he winked at me, grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the kitchen. We sat around the small table and stared at the book recipe in front of us. "How do we start?"I asked and bit my lower lip. Kiseop sighed heavily.

 

"I'm not sure. I'm not really good in cooking."he slightly shrugged his shoulders. We sighed in unison as our eyes were glued onto the list of ingridients. "Maybe we should start preparing the ingridientsfirst."I suggested and smiled. Kiseop crossed his arms and nodded. "Okay then. Let's do it."he agreed.

 

Kiseop flipped the list and remain silent as he stared at it. "2 heads Napa cabbage, 2 cups sea salt and 8 cups of water."Kiseop started to read the list. I nodded and headed toward the refrigerator and took out the ingridients before I put them onto the table. "Next, 1 cup sweet rice powder, 5 cups water, 1 cup coarse Taeyangcho red chili pepper powder and 5 ounces garlic."he read again.

 

I searched for all the ingridients that he read and gathered them onto the table. Once everything was ready, we stood still, staring at the ingridients. "What's the first step?"I asked Kiseop and urked my eyebrow. Kiseop checked the list once again and smiled. "Firstly, trim the Napa cabbage."he commanded.

 

Both of us turned our gaze toward the Napa cabbage and smiled. "I'll do it."he squealed and quickly approached the cabbage. I took the list, checking the next step. Unconciously, I nodded my head and joined Kiseop, making the kimchi together.

 

"What are you two doing?"we heard a voice. I could felt my heart beat skipped. Please don't tell me it's Kibum. We looked up and saw- Soo Hyun. Thank God. "We are making kimchi."Kiseop squealed. "Kimchi?"Soo Hyun urked his eyebrow.

 

I nodded excitedly and smiled. "Tomorrow is Kibum'soppa birthday. So I'm planning to make kimchi for him."I said and smiled. "You meant- we, right?"Kiseop poked my cheek. I turned my head at him and giggled. "Yeah, we."I squealed, caused both of us to chuckle. I saw Soo Hyun nodded and smiled.

 

"Make sure you two clean everything up after you finish."he commanded and waved, leaving both of us at the kitchen preparing the kimchi. It was silent again when no one entered the kitchen until someone came. I saw Hoon headed toward the refrigerator and took out a bottle of milk. He poured the milk into a medium sized glass and quickly drank it, without stopping.

 

"Kimchi?"he suddenly asked when he saw the messy table. Kiseop nodded and smiled at him. "For Kibum."he beamed and giggled. "O-oh."Hoonhesitatedly looked away and sighed. Then, he left us without any further conversation.

 

I wonder why is he acting weird today?

 

----

 

"Kiseophyung!"Dong Ho shouted from the kitchen door, caused both of us who were busy preparing the dinner to startle. "What is it?"Kiseop asked, turned his body toward Dong Ho. "The others are waiting for you. Quick."DongHo beamed and walked away. I saw Kiseop bit his lower lip and gulped.

 

He turned his head at me and sighed. "I-I have to leave you alone here. Is it- okay?"he asked and frowned. I let out a chuckle when I heard it. "It's okay, oppa. I'll call you guys when the dinner's ready."I showed him an 'okay' sign and giggled. He smiled weakly and brought his legs out off the kitchen.

 

I slightly shrugged my shoulders and continued stirring the soup. After a few works, I headed toward the refrigerator and took out a small lunch box. I opened it and giggled when I saw yummy kimchi that I made with Kiseop for Kibum a few hours ago. Slowly, I shut the close and started to serve all the foods that we cooked onto the dining table.

 

"Everything's ready."I spoke to no one and smiled. I put out my apron and put it on the basket and headed toward the living room, just to see no one was there. I tilted my head in confusion.

 

Where are they?

 

I headed toward the long corridor, hoping to see them at the second family area since they usually were there. I saw the wooden door and was about to twist the door knob when I heard Eli's voice.

 

"Are you guys sure we are going to sell her?"

 

I frowned. What were they talking about? I leaned my body closer, placing my right ear onto the door so that I could hear them better. "What will she feels if she knows that we are selling her?"I heard Kibum's voice. At that time, I gulped. Who are they going to sell? Are they bad guys?

 

"Promise is a promise. We already signed the contract. If we don't sell her, our territory will be taken away."Soo Hyun's voice was heard. "But- she's like our sister."Kiseop interrupted. "I've told you guys to not overact."Soo Hyun hissed. There was a silent for a while. What are they talking about actually?

 

Selling? Contract?Promise? What are all those things?

 

"Yujin was like a sister to me."I heard Kevin's voice. At that time, I froze. Are they- talking about me?

 

"Yeah, she's really a good kid. I don't really think we should sell her."Aj interrupted. "Guys,"Alexander cut him off. "We've made a promise and we can't break it. What if those guys take away our territory? We don't have anything else except that place. How can we find money to earn our living?"he blurted.

 

My heart beat skipped. So, are they- going to sell me? Am I just adopted- to be sell? Does that meant- all their loves and cares for this while were just- a lie?

 

"I don't care! I'm going to meet Yujin."I heard Kiseop's voice. Before I could jerk backward, the door opened, caused me to stumble onto the floor. "Yu-Yujin?!"Kiseop gasped when he saw me, so do the others. "Wha-what are you-do-doing here?"Aj interrupted. Worried was drew on their faces. I stood up and bit my lower lip as I stared at them.

 

Their conversation that ended a few minutes ago were still playing in my mind. Selling me, they are going to sell me!

 

"Are you okay?"Aj leaned his body closer and was about to reach my hand when I quickly pulled away. "Don't touch me!"I hissed and gritted my teeth. He paused as his eyes blinked at me. "I can't believe you guys could do this."my eyes started to get watery just to think about it. "I thought you guys are my family."I continued, biting my lower lip and looked down onto the floor.

 

"Yujin, w-we can explain."Kiseop stepped forward but I pushed him. "Go away! I hate you guys!"I shouted and brought my body away from the room. I ran as fast as I could out off the house. I heard some footsteps along with their voice, shouting and calling my name hoping that I would stop.

 

How can I stop? If I stop and let them catch me, they are going to sell me. I've never thought them to do that. I thought they are my family. I thought they love me. I thought they care for me but I'm wrong.

 

The only thing that they could see through me,

 

Was money.

 

I ran toward the big road, didn't even bother if any car passed by. Rain started to drop heavily, caused my vision to blur. I tried my best to see the road but it was useless since the rain keeps getting in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, letting all the water to combine with my tears. My tears for nothing.

 

I crossed the road, knowing that they were still chasing me. "Yujin, please stop!"I heard Kibum shouted. I bit my lower lip and ignored all the shouting. I ran and passed the road divider, hoping that they will stop chasing me.

 

"Yujin, look out!"I heard Aj's voice. I saw a flash of bright light beside me and I turned my head, just to see a huge van was approaching. I gasped, knowing that I couldn't flinch, I closed my eyes tightly.

 

Soon, I felt my body was in pain when I hit the hard thing, knocking me onto the pavement road. I felt bloods flowing from my body as I started to breathe heavily.

 

Am I going to die? Is this- my end?