Skips a beat

I NEED YOU

I opened my eyes slightly and found myself in my bedroom. I sat on my bed and saw Namjoon sleeping soundly by the bed. I didn't want to wake him up so I got up from the bed slowly to go to the kitchen. 

But what happened just now? Did I passed out? I remembered Taehyung was definitely there when I was about to faint and then, it hit me. Someone was following me. I accidentally dropped the bottle I took from the fridge.

"Babygirl, what's wrong?" He walked out rubbing his eyes. He saw me crying and hugged me tightly. I just continue to cry on his shoulders. Times like this, I feel so assured that Namjoon was there for me.

After I calmed down, I told him what happened. He kept on apologising for not being able to protect me. I shook my head because I knew it was my fault for going home late. I apologised to him and told him that this will not happen again. 

I felt bad for making my brother worried. Eversince my dad passed on, he felt that he should be responsible of our family. I know he would do anything and everything for me and my mum. What would I do without him? I promised to myself that I will not add any extra burden to Namjoon.

"You're lucky Taehyung was there. I would have gone crazy if anything happen to you. From now on, you'll have to go home with me. No buts. Get some rest, babygirl." He pulled the blanket over my shoulders and switched the lights off before exiting the room. Mmm, thanks for today..

 

The next day..

I waited for Taehyung in front of his classroom nervously. I don't even know why my heart was beating so fast. I came to thank him for what happened yesterday. I looked up when I felt someone was looking at me. I turned my head and saw Taehyung standing beside me drinking banana milk. How can someone be so handsome and smell nice at the same time? He raised his eyebrows at me as if asking what I was doing there.

"Oh, I came to thank you for yesterday. You saved my life." I bowed at him to show my gratitude.

"I heard from Namjoon hyung what happened. Yeah, I did and you owe me one." He said as he ruffled my hair. He smirked and walked back to class.

What the.. He messed up my hair!! Damn that creepy boy.

I stormed off to my class while fixing my hair. Little did I know that I was actually smiling to myself. I sat down beside Soojung and took out my Mathematics textbook. Soojung noticed that I was smiling and she knew something was up. She nudged me asking me to tell her but I just shook my head and smiled at her. She rolled her eyes knowing that I didn't want to tell her just yet. But she knows I will not keep anything from her.

It was half past 3. Finally school ended. Soojung wanted me to accompany her to the salon. I hesitated to go because I know Namjoon wouldn't allow it. However, she kept begging me and I had no choice but to ask Namjoon for permission.

"Are you crazy?! Do you want me to get angry again like last night?! No, you'll have to wait till I end my extra lessons." Namjoon uttered furiously thinking about what happened yesterday. Soojung looked at me asking for an explanation. I stared back at her telling her to wait for the full story later.

"Fine, if you have to go, make sure you go with one of my boys." Namjoon surrendered. He took out his cellphone to call someone. I didn't know who he was talking to but I am fine with any boys accompanying us to the salon. Well, except for Taehyung.

To my horror, Taehyung approached my brother. It was obvious that he would be the one accompanying us. I turned to Soojung but she was already smiling so widely at the sight of him. Gosh, why must it be him?! The thought of what he did to me just now actually pisses me off. Rule number 1: DO NOT touch my hair because I simply hate it when someone does that. Unless, you're close to me, very close. 

As we were walking to the bustop, I saw Seokjin sittng down. He didn't have to go for any extra lessons because he is pretty smart. Smart, handsome, tall.. how can someone not like him? To avoid the tension between me and Taehyung, I decided to ask Seokjin along. He agreed to tag along as well.

I thought I was making the right decision so that no one will feel awkward but I was wrong. It was even awkward now. Soojung stopped staring at Taehyung. Phew! But she also stopped talking. I pulled her closer and asked what's wrong. She said that Seokjin's presence was making her shy but she didn't forget to ask me about what happened yesterday. I told her everything and she giggled. "I think Taehyung is interested in you." I looked at her with a poker face but in fact, my heart skips a beat. It can't be true. He doesn't even know me to be interested in me. Psh.

Once we reached the salon, the three of us decided to wait outside as there were too many people inside. I hate being in a stuffy place. I looked up to Seokjin wanting to talk but he was too busy smiling at his phone. Seokjin was very popular among the girls and I definitely agree with that. The way he smiles, the way he laugh.. Everything about him was just so perfect. He also treated girls nicely. What a gentleman, unlike someone! I switched my gaze to Taehyung who were obviously looking at me. I don't know what is his problem but he have to quit staring. It is so annoying. I let out a sigh and turned my back against him.

After an hour of waiting, Soojung was finally done with the hair treatment. She looked prettier with bangs that even Seokjin complimented her. I could see her face was very red. I smirked at her.

"I'll send Soojung home from here. Taehyung-ah, take good care of Hana for me." Seokjin voice out. I frowned. Why must he send me home? We went on our separate ways because Soojung wanted to take the bus home as she was tired. I preferred to walk home because the weather was extremely nice today. I continued walking without wanting to let Taehyung start any conversation. Even if he did, I would ignore him. It's probably because he suddenly appeared out of nowhere and made me feel a certain way. Annoying.. yes, he's annoying.

I stopped walking and turned around to face him. He was looking down playing with the dead leaves. I raised my eyebrows. Well, he can be cute at times I guess. He approached me out of sudden. We were standing quite close each other. Close enough to feel each other's breath. My eyes were widened by his action and I could feel my heart was beating so fast.

"Why do you hate me so much?" He questioned me while looking into my eyes. I took a step back and cleared my throat. He almost got me there.

"I don't hate you. I just hmm.. find you very annoying." I replied him casually and continue walking. What would you feel if someone suddenly come up to you and gave you a hairpin? After that, he act as if you weren't there at the field when you were clearly looking at him. Then, he appeared out of nowhere and saved you. Ok fine, he is my brother's teammate and he saved me from danger but it has only been two weeks of school and he kept on appearing. I don't even know him!

"Then why are you so cold to me? You were so nice to other soccer boys but when it comes to me, you'll just roll your eyes or even ignore me." He threw me another question which made me stopped walking. He sounded so sad. He turned my body so that I could face him. I was quite shocked but I didn't want to show it.

"Because you were so creepy and I don't even know you." I looked at him with an annoyed expression. I could see in his eyes that he was hurt. Gosh, why didn't you filter your words?! I snapped my fingers in front of me so that he would come back to his senses. He sighed and said that it's better to go home now.

The journey back home was rather quiet and awkward. I didn't mind though because we were reaching soon. I thanked him for sending me home. He didn't even look at me when he nodded and left.

 

One week later..

I did not see Taehyung around in school anymore. Even if I saw him, he would disappear the next moment. Was I harsh the other day? Oh wells, finally away from that creep. Although I was glad he stopped appearing in front of me, I was still anticipating his presence. It was weird not having him around but I don't really know anything about him aside from his name, his CCA and where his classroom is. I walked to his classroom to check if he was around but there was nobody. I realised I didn't even know what's his class and so I looked up at the door. Wow, he is a year older than me. No wonder he thought I was cold.

As I was walking home with Namjoon, I thought of how hurt Taehyung must have felt. I didn't mean to be harsh but he was asking me a question. I had to be honest and I really think that he should know. There is a difference to being friendly and annoying. Maybe I should just apologise to him.. I felt bad all of the sudden.

Namjoon broke my thoughts as he started to carry me back home. "YAH! IM NOT A BABY ANYMORE! LET ME DOWN!!" I tried my very best to get down but was to no avail. He finally let me down when he saw Taehyung standing outside of our gate.

"What's up, man? Why are you here?" Namjoon asked while doing their soccer handshake.

"Hyung, is it okay if I talk to your sister for a while?" Taehyung asked politely. Namjoon nodded his head and took my bag with him.

I was surprised that he suddenly showed up in front of my house. He clearly was avoiding me for the past few days. I continued walking to the nearby playground and sat on my favourite swing. He sat on the other swing and we didn't talk for about 10 minutes. We were just swinging ourselves. I guess it's the right time to apologise to him since I don't like to have any problems unsolved. I cleared my throat and faced him. He was already looking at me. Oh, he's so handsome.

"Tae..Umm, Taehyung-sshi.. I'm sorry for being harsh the other day. I didn't know it'll hurt you and I had no idea that you were older than me." I started talking. I could see he was surprised when I apologised.

"Were you looking for me today?" That was all he asked. I just nodded my head. "I didn't come to school. I was sick." He continued.

I placed my hand on his forehead. He was having slight fever and he did looked a little pale. Sick but still goodlooking huh. Are you even real? I stood up and told him to follow me.

"Wh-where are we going?" He asked curiously.

"You're sick, Taehyung-sshi. What are you doing here? Come, let's go home." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. I froze, my heart was beating crazily.

"I don't want to go home. Let's stay like this for a while." He embraced me. I could hear his heart beating calmly. He was so warm and he smelled very nice too. I could feel my cheeks were burning. Why am I feeling this way?

I pushed him slightly. "Then, let's have dinner at my house." I was hungry and didn't want him to hear my stomach growling. 

After dinner, Namjoon and Taehyung decided to play Blackshot together. They were very loud but my mum didn't mind them. I shook my head. Boys will be boys. 

"Yah! You're sick and still wanna play? Go home and rest!" I shouted. It was already past midnight and I was worried that Taehyung's fever might worsen. Taehyung stopped playing and whispered something to Namjoon. Namjoon just nodded his head and kept on playing.

Taehyung smiled at me and gestured me to send him out. I rolled my eyes. I thought his annoying phase was gone but nope! He made me see him out till the gate. He turned to me and smiled. Gosh, this creepy dude.

"Hey Hana, can I hear you call me oppa once?" He asked scratching the back of his head. He looked shy and was smiling away like a pabo. 

"Um, sure.. Taehyung Oppa. But what's your reason of coming here?" I asked him. He did said he wanted to talk to me but I was the one starting the conversation just now at the playground.

"Oh, that." He stopped smiling and looked down. "If you think that I'm annoying, I will stop appearing in front of you. I thought today will be the last day I'd see you again and I really wanted to hear you call me oppa like how you called the rest. Don't worry, I'll just pretend that I don't know you if we happen to see each other." 

My heart sank. Why do I feel sad? Do I really not want to see him anymore?

"Oppa, I did said that you were annoying but that doesn't mean you have to do this. Furthermore, we'll see each other often because your class is just beside mine and you're in the same team with my brother. There's no way to avoid each other." 

"B-but.." He sighed. "You're the first girl to call me annoying. I didn't know what to do and all I could think of is to avoid you." 

"I'm sorry. There's no need for all of that. Fine, we'll be friends." I put my hand out asking for a handshake. He nodded and shook my hand. 

 

One month later..

I became closer to Taehyung. He was actually quite gentle and funny. I had to put up with his annoyance once in a while but he would always try every ways to make me laugh.  He's weird yet cute. I like having him around. 

However, the closer I am towards Taehyung, my friendship with Soojung began to grew apart. She no longer hang out with me after school. Even when we sat beside each other, she would avoid the questions I asked her. "Why are you so busy after school? Do you have anything to say to me? Why are you hiding something from me? Is something wrong? Did I make a mistake?"

I was pretty hurt by the way Soojung treated me. I didn't know what happened to her. I checked my phone waiting for her to call me. She didn't bother to tell me anything anymore. I thought we were best friends or even sisters. I looked down trying my best not to cry. 

"H-hey, what's wrong?" I could hear someone asking. I looked up and it was Jimin. I quickly wiped my tears. Well done, Hana! You've embarrassed yourself in front of Jimin Oppa.

"It's nothing. Don't tell Joonie Oppa ok? I don't want him to get worried over nothing." I forced a smile. 

"I-i'll be here if you want to sh-share anything with me." He stuttered. Cute! I nodded my head and walked away. But wait, I thought they were having soccer training today? Why is Jimin Oppa here? I turned to him and asked, "Oppa, don't you have training today?" 

"It was cancelled and I-I.. thought you knew." Heol, I waited for nothing. 

 

Beep Beep~

To: You
From: Unknown

Where are you? I'm in front of your classroom..

 

"Oh, thanks Oppa! Remember, don't tell anyone you saw me here." I waved and rushed back to class. 

Taehyung was standing in front of my class. He was in his jersey. So, that was him. So goodlooking.. He waved at me in delight.

"I asked your number from Namjoon hyung. He wanted me to send you home today because he's going out with the other soccer hyungs before the tournament training starts." He said like as if he knew what I was about to ask him. 

"Let's not go home. I want to go Heartbucks, pleaseee.." I pleaded him. He laughed, ruffling my hair. This time round, I didn't really mind since I was getting a little comfortable with him. 

After a while, we started hanging out together and he never failed to text me every single night. I couldn't believe I would be so close with Taehyung. Everyone thought we were together but I kept on denying. Duh, he didn't even confess or show any signs. We're just best friends. Though I secretly wish we were more than that..

 


A/N:

Sorry if it gets a little draggy here! Thank you for your time! Next chapter coming up soon :) 

Shoutout to @oohpixie for the subscribe! Happy reading! <3