Awkward..

I NEED YOU

The whole school eventually knew about us. Taehyung was very proud to show me off everywhere and anywhere. I was surprised Namjoon allowed me to date Taehyung especially knowing him, he would usually tell the guys off. The girls were very much jealous of me. I guess some kind of dislike me being with him but I couldn’t care less about them.

“Sweetheart, I’m sorry. I know I promised you that we will be watching movie later on but something caught up. I have committee meeting.” Taehyung expressed bitterly. Namjoon decided to put him as the vice-captain because he was an all-rounder and I was very proud of him. At least, I can meet up with Soojung.

“Hey, don’t be sorry. It’s fine. We can always watch it next time.”

We went to the cafeteria for a munch before he proceeded to the meeting. I walked slowly, taking my own sweet time to meet Soojung. I actually love having an alone time by myself. It was a therapeutic walk to her house. Well, until I saw Jimin at the alley. I caught up to him.

“Hi Oppa.” I smiled at him. Gosh, when was the last time I saw him?

“Oh, hey.” He replied with a slight smile.

“Is something wrong?” I asked. He would usually greet me with his eye smile but today, his eyes looked pretty sad.

“Nah. How are you a-and Taehyung?”

I smiled and told him all about Taehyung. He got to be one of the most perfect boyfriend ever. He’s very caring and thoughtful. He loves to tease me. He gets jealous a lot. He’s a very good soccer player. He makes me happy.

“Oh, sorry Oppa. Did I talk too much?” I laughed. He shook his head. We went to Soojung’s house and hung out together. It was fun because we ended up watching movies. Once we left her house, Jimin decided to walk me home.

“Are you ready to graduate, Oppa?” I initiated a conversation.

“Kind of. Will you be ok once we.. I mean Taehyung and Joon hyung graduate?”

“I hope so. I’m going to miss you guys a lot. Come visit me some time ok, Oppa?”

“O-okay. Either ways, we will still meet often.” I knew what he meant. He wouldn’t want me to go Soojung’s house alone especially after school. It gets pretty scary at night and having him by my side makes me feel at ease. I was glad I bumped into him the other day. Since then, he kept coming to check on Soojung. He’s such a great person. I just nodded my head.

I thanked him for sending me home and told him I could manage on my own next time but he insisted. I just rolled my eyes and gave in to him.

 

A few days after Taehyung’s graduation…

To: You
From: Soojungie

Hey girlfriend. I know you’re busy today but will it be okay to trouble you for a bit? I’m having a headache and I can’t seem to move around too much. Can you buy me Panadol pills please?

 

I got worried after reading her text. I quickly called Jimin to tell him about Soojung’s condition before going over to her house. As I was leaving the school gate, Taehyung was standing outside. He looked up and smiled widely. He looked very cute with sweatpants and plain black tee. He embraced me and kissed my forehead.

“Hey there, princess. I came over to see you for a while since I know you ended school already. I’ll be busy for these few days ok? I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you soon. Let me walk you home.” I panicked because Soojung’s house is at the opposite direction of mine.

 

Ring Ring Ring~

“Hello hyung. I’m with Hana right now. What? Okay, I’ll be there.”  He slid his phone into the pocket. He turned to me with an apologetic smile. “Baby.. I am so sorry.”

 

Part of me was relieved so that I could make my way to Soojung’s house without him knowing but the other half felt quite disappointed that he’s always so busy especially after graduating. I shook my head and let out a fake smile. Be understanding, Hana. He told you that he’s going to be busy. This is not the first time anyway.

He hugged me tightly before wanting to get going. Luckily, or not, Jimin was already walking towards me. He didn’t notice that Taehyung was there. Or did he? Jimin held my wrist in a rush without thinking and walked past Taehyung. It caught me by surprised and obviously made Taehyung wonder too. Taehyung took the other side of my hand stopping me from walking. Great, what now?

Jimin turned and let go of my wrist upon realising. He apologised. Taehyung was definitely furious and I didn’t want them to fight. Not when Soojung is in pain. I told Jimin to go off first.

“What was that for? Are you cheating on me?” He sounded angry.

“I didn’t know why he did that too. Let’s not go there again please. You need to go already or else Joon Oppa going to be angry. We can talk about this later.” This is the nth time he asked me that question. He let out a sigh and went off.

I wanted to confront Jimin but it’ll be awkward for Soojung so I held it in. I could see he was very cautious around me. We went to the nearest clinic and the doctor told us that Soojung is undergoing depression. It would be best if she is surrounded by positive vibes and happy people. My heart broke into million pieces. I didn’t know she was having difficulties managing her feelings. She was known as a very optimistic girl and nothing would affect her badly. Not even her abusive stepmom.

Once we’re back in Soojung’s house, we talked things out. I wanted to know why my best friend was depressed. She said it was because of the father’s child. She kept reaching out to him but he didn’t respond. I clenched my fist wanting so bad to freaking punch that jerk’s face. I thought he was the nicest guy out there but I was wrong. He’s a freaking playboy who act as if he’s a gentleman before getting them to sleep with him.

I turned to Jimin and I could see he was very angry too. I sighed and hugged my best friend. I apologised for not being there and wanted to sleepover but she didn’t want me to. I still had to go school for a few more weeks before Year 2 officially ends. We bid our goodbyes and goodnights. I awkwardly walked beside Jimin. We were quiet for a while until he broke the silence.

“So… Hana, um about just now, I’m sorry. I didn’t know why I did that.”

“No worries, Oppa. We’re cool.” I grinned. I was quite curious why he did that but it was probably because he was in a rush to see Soojung. It’s not like it was the first time Jimin did such a thing. We used to play around though not to the extent of holding hands or wrists.

I washed up and called Taehyung. He sounded exhausted so we just talked for a while. I couldn’t sleep thinking about Soojung. Not only that, how do I tell Taehyung about her? It didn’t felt right hiding things from my boyfriend especially when one of his close friends knew about it. It was rather a long dreary night.

After that day, Taehyung and I talked lesser as he was busy. He doesn’t call as much and he sounded down every time we talked. I tried to cheer him up but to no avail. I was worried about him and my best friend. I couldn’t focus in class and I lost my appetite to eat which is unlike sooo me because I love food a lot. I’ve been seeing Jimin more than Taehyung lately because of Soojung. Although at times, there were awkward silence between us, we did like having each other’s company. I guess he got a little comfortable around me because he stopped stuttering.

 

Ring Ring Ring~

“Hey sweetheart. Do you have time tonight? I’ve got something to tell you.”

 


A/N:

Sorry for the late update! I've been busy but thank you for reading! :)

Shoutout to @fathiya & @gigi_rme for the subscribe! Happy reading! <3