Sweetheart

I NEED YOU

I looked at my pink calender and sighed. 1 more month till Tae Oppa graduate. Although I just got to know him early this year, I could feel how bonded we are. I couldn't help but fall for him each time we were together. 

 

Beep Beep~

To: You
From: Soojungie

Hey girlfriend. How's life?

 

I quickly dialed Soojung's number. While I was pretty caught up with Taehyung, I still tried to talk to Soojung but she chose to avoid me. I didn't know how many times I broke down in front of Taehyung and the other soccer boys including Namjoon. I felt so lost without her. 

After a while, she started to miss classes. I went to her house and her stepmother said she ran away. I tried calling her but her phone was switched off. Normally when she has a problem, she would share it with me but this time round, she didn't.

"YAH WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY FROM HOME?! DID SHE ABUSED YOU AGAIN?!" I asked the moment she picked up the call. I could hear her crying. She told me to meet her somewhere.

I walked through the dark alley few blocks away from my house. The place was very eerie and there were a few drunkard men lying on the ground. I was shivering and suddenly, I saw a familiar figure walking at the front. 

"Oppa!" I bit my lips and ran to him. He turned and was quite shocked to see me there. He looked around me.

"W-what are you doing here? It's dangerous to be a-alone here." Jimin asked. He looked quite worried to see me alone and insisted to follow me. I tried stopping him but he didn't budge away. He lived quite near that area and he knew how dangerous it gets at night. I don't want anything to happen to her. Especially her. Jimin said it in his heart.

When we arrived there, I turned to him. I thanked him and told him to go home. He didn't want to go anywhere and insisted to wait at the front door until I am done talking to Soojung.

I told him about Soojung while we were on our way to the address. He listened attentively to what I said. He's still the same. I knew he was a very nice guy and he wouldn't tell anyone about it. I trusted him because I used to be quite close to him when we were younger. We were neighbours. We stopped hanging out because his parents decided to move to another city quite far from ours. My first crush ended there. He was out of my league anyway.

Not that Taehyung was within my means. I just can't help it but to fall for him. I blushed thinking about him.

I knocked the wooden door feeling quite nervous for no apparent reason. Soojung opened the door and started to cry the moment she saw me. I hugged her tightly feeling emotional as well. After hugging for about 2 sad minutes, she wiped her tears. She greeted Jimin and let us in. Soojung wouldn't let Jimin wait outside in the cold alone. 

"What happened? Tell me." I started asking. She took a deep breath.

"Do you remember that day you accompanied me to the salon with Taehyung Oppa and Jin Oppa?" I nodded. "Jin Oppa sent me home and we decided to exchange numbers. After a while of contacting, we were very close and we..." She looked at Jimin. She didn't know whether Jimin should know about it or not. I tapped her hand and nodded my head telling her to continue.

She took out an object that looks like a thermometer but I knew what it was. I took it away from her and looked at it. There was two lines which means she's pregnant. I covered my mouth with my hand trying to stay calm but I couldn't. There was a lot of questions going through my mind.

What about school? Will he be resposible for this? Does your parents know about it? How are you going to take care of your baby? You're still young..

"When I told him about this, he thought I was lying and said that he would be busy preparing to graduate. I ran away from home because I didn't want her to beat me up and affect the baby. I want to keep my baby." She touched her stomach and it gently. Her stepmother always abused her whenever her dad was not around. I could feel my heart aching when I heard her said that. 

After thinking, I grabbed her hand softly. "I'll help you babe. Don't worry. I'm here for you. Jimin Oppa too." I looked over at Jimin. He nodded. 

After she ran away, she managed to stay in a small house that her late grandmother used to live. She took all her savings and clothes. I scanned around the old dusty house. 

"I'll clean the house for you. It's too dusty for the baby. You should go and enjoy the fresh air with Jimin Oppa. I'll be done in about less than 20 minutes." I smiled at her. 

They brought ddeokbokki home after walking around. We were lucky that Jimin Oppa was there to accompany Soojung. The alley was so scary at night. We talked and laughed. I felt so happy to be with her again. It was getting late and I should probably head home. There's still school tomorrow. I hugged her tightly and told her that I'll come and visit her often.

"Hey, let me send you home." Jimin stared at me deeply.

"Uhm, its okay Oppa. I can go home by myself." I replied nervously. Why did he looked at me that way? 

"I won't allow you to go by yourself." Jimin smiled. "Namjoon hyung would kill me if he got to know I let you off alone."

•••

 

Beep Beep~

To: You
From: Taetae Oppa

What are you up to you, sweetheart? ;)

 

I blushed when I read the message. He's been calling me that since few days back when a guy approached me. I went to the school library while waiting for the boys to end their soccer training. They were training so frequently for the upcoming match. While I was finding a book, I accidentally bumped into someone. I looked up and I saw Yoongi Sunbae. He was quite popular for his sweet voice. He smiled handsomely and looked at me. It was like as if he knew I was there.

"I'm so-sorry, Sunbae." I bowed at him. 

He took a step forward and lifted my chin up to make me look at him. I gulped. Oh my gosh... I closed my eyes in fear. To be completely honest, I thought he was going to kiss me. I could feel Yoongi moved forward but stopped when someone decided to interrupt. 

"Sweetheart, I've been looking for you. Why didn't you tell me you were here? I could have accompanied you." 

Yoongi looked a little flustered and walked away. I turned around looking so lost. Taehyung hugged me without saying anything. I was taken aback by his actions but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

 

To: Taetae Oppa
From: You

Crazy boy. I just got home. Why?

 

To: You
From: Taetae Oppa

I'm crazy over you ;) Where did you go? Alone?!

 

To: Taetae Oppa
From: You

Such a flirt! I went out to buy some snacks and I saw Jimin Oppa. He sent me home. Don't worry.

I bit my lips. I was a little guilty for lying to him but I promised Soojung not to tell anyone. I sighed thinking about what Soojung told me.

 

Beep beep~

To: You
From: Taetae Oppa

Stop going out at night and if you want, call me. I'll accompany you. I don't want any other guys to be near my sweetheart. Goodnight.

 

I looked at the time, it was only 10:55pm and he rarely sleeps early. I could sensed that he was quite upset but why would he? We were just friends. Even though I wouldn't want to admit it but I really really like him and it makes me angry because I can only be his friend. Will he ever like me back?

 

The next day...

I walked out of the classroom with Hoseok. We were discussing about our project that I didn't realised Taehyung was there. Hoseok looked over on my right side and he immediately said he had to go. I turned to my right and saw him. Taehyung was crossing his arms looking very charming. 

"Didn't I say I don't want any other guys to be near my sweetheart?" He sounded quite angry. My heart pounded faster after he called me sweetheart. I tried to remain calm and looked at him. 

"Don't be such a baby. He's my classmate and we were talking about the project." 

"I can't help it ok? I feel so frustrated whenever boys are near you." 

"Are you jealous? Oh wait, you're not. Why would you?" I stormed my feet and walked away.

"Hana, wait. Why are you mad?" He grabbed my hand. I could feel my body was burning. I was quite mad but I didn't want to vent it to him. I looked at him and I could feel tears falling. I was sad. I like him so much. No, I love him. 

"Sweetheart, why are you crying?" He sounded so worried. He wiped my tears with his thumb. He looked at me intensely waiting for me to answer. 

"Stop calling me that if you don't mean it." I finally said it and cried even more. He embraced me without saying a word. I could hear his heart beating fast. Ok, that was embarrassing.. crying in front of someone you like love. 

"Are my feelings and actions not obvious enough for you? Silly girl. Come, I'll send you home." He chuckled and ruffled my hair. I didn't quite understand what he said and even if I do, I was afraid that was not what he meant. 

I wanted to meet Soojung today but Taehyung said he wanted to tell me something. I was quite curious and so, I text my best friend that I'll come tomorrow instead. I kept my phone in my pocket and looked at Taehyung. He was already staring at me. We continued walking to the park. I sat down on my favourite swing while waiting for him to speak up. 

"Actually, I've already noticed you since you were in Year 1. You were playing floorball at that time. You looked so engrossed in the game and I find it quite attractive." He smiled not looking at me. "Ever since then, I've been looking at you from afar. I thought that I wouldn't have the chance to get close to you. I mean, you're always surrounded by boys. The soccer boys." 

He turned to me and beamed. "But one day, I decided not to be a coward. I joined the soccer team and was thinking how to talk to you until we accidentally bumped into each other. You were lost in your thoughts and didn't look up. Thats when I decided to approached you."

"It was nerve-wrecking waiting outside your class. I know you didn't notice me before and you never will if I don't approach you. Since it was my first time doing this, it was quite awkward and sudden. I'm sorry to make you startled." He chuckled. "But after a while, you said that I was annoying. That's why until today I didn't want to cross the line of just being friends. I was scared you wouldn't feel the same." He looked down and his smile disappeared. 

"I know this is crazy. We only know each other this year but I'm madly in love with you." He didn't looked up. 

I felt like as if the whole world stops for a while. Did he just confessed?! I froze without able to say anything. I was speechless but my soul was jumping happily. I just stared at him.

Taehyung walked over to me and bend down. He stared at me and smiled so widely. His smile and his beautiful hazel eyes drew me in and made my knees weak although I was sitting on swing. I couldn't help it but to smile back at him. Damn, he's so handsome!

He leaned closer to me and plant a kiss on my lips. It was so soft and gentle. My eyes were widened and I didn't know what to do or how to react. He slowly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. We were facing each other.

"Sweetheart? Aren't you going to say anything?" He asked feeling a little awkward. I cleared my throat. 

"I-I... I love you too." 

 


A/N: 

I didn't want to make it too long and draggy so I stopped here. Thank you for your time! :)

Shoutout to @scattered and @si1verfox for the subscribe! Happy reading! <3