Our eyes met

I NEED YOU

Knock knock knock

"Yah! How can you be late on the first day of school?!" I heard my mum shouting through the wooden door.

I woke up upon hearing it and dashed to the bathroom. I promised my best friend, Soojung, to be in front of the school gate at 8.00am. And its already 7.55am?! I always make her wait unintentionally. She doesn't like waiting and she would definitely kill me for being late for the nth time.

"I'm sorry babe. I love you and this will be the last time." I said while catching my breath. She glared at me and turned her back against me. It took quite a while for her to cool down but I know she won't get mad at me for long. We're inseparable.

 

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong

Its finally lunch time and I've been waiting for this moment. I can't wait to eat all my favourite food. I smiled to myself thinking about the food. As I was going down the staircase, I bumped into someone's shoulder. I apologised and continue to walk down the stairs. I could smell his perfume. Damn, he smelled nice.

After lunch, Soojung dragged me to the classroom. She wanted to tell me about a guy from the class next door. I wasn't really paying attention because there was 15 more minutes till lunchtime ends. I could have eaten two more sandwiches. I frowned thinking about how I wasted my time going up the class instead of eating. Did i mentioned that Food is Love, Food is Life? Oh heck yes, it is!

Finally school ended. I walked out of the class and noticed someone was standing outside my class. I looked at him. Our eyes met. He was already staring at me. Me?! Who am I kidding? Probably some girls in the class. I mean I have pretty classmates, duh. I looked away and continue walking.

"Um, hey?" I stopped walking and turned around. Was he talking to me? He walked towards me and handed me the hairpin. "I think you dropped this before lunchtime."

"Oh, it's not mine. I do not wear any hairpins to school." I replied awkwardly touching my hair.

"I guess you'll just keep it or throw it then." He chuckled and walked off.

Did he just laughed? What was that for?

Soojung broke my train of thoughts. She cling her arms onto mine and we walked home happily. She kept mentioning about the guy. He must be some goodlooking lad that my bestie is crazy about.

 

One week later..

I looked at my watch and it's already 6pm. I got bored waiting alone for my brother to end his soccer training. I walked to the field and saw my brother talking to his teammates. He's the captain of the team and I am so proud of him though I never really show it. I sat at the bench looking at him. 

Wait.. Is that the crazy dude who laughed at me? I widened my eyes to have a clearer look. It was him. He was sitting down looking so focus towards his team captain. Wow, he actually looked good in jersey. I looked away after I realised they ended their briefing. I saw Namjoon running towards me. I can't believe it, he made me wait for him because he didn't want me to go home alone. Unfortunately, Soojung had to go home straight after school since it was her mum's birthday.

"Did you wait for me? Aww, my babygirl waited for me." he said smiling so widely.

"Oh, shut up. You forced me to wait for you." I rolled my eyes at him. Yep, Namjoon is my oppa and he love calling me babygirl. I'm definitely not a baby anymore! My brother is very protective of me. He don't like it when guys go near me. Although, it can be very annoying at times, I know he didn't want me to have my heart broken. However, he allows me to make friends with all of the boys in the soccer team because he knows they wouldn't dare to touch or hurt his little sister.

"Oppa, who is that guy? He seems new." I looked over at that dude. 

"Ahh, he just joined us yesterday. He's pretty good for a newcomer. His name is Taehyung." 

I stared at Taehyung as he took his bag and went out of the field. He turned to look at me and then, looked away. What?! Did he just ignore me? I shooked my head showing my disappointment. 

"Hi noona!" Jungkook shouted from afar. I waved at him. He's a year younger and he insisted in calling me noona. I didn't like it but I don't really care anyway. The rest of the boys came to greet me. I just smiled shyly. All of them are so darn attractive. How did I managed to survive being around them? 

"Ok, that is enough boys. Make your way out. It's gonna be dark soon. Seokjin, let's go home together. Your mum is at my place." Namjoon said while grabbing his bag. Seokjin just nodded while staring at me. Jin Oppa is so so so goodlooking. I am lucky that he is my brother's best friend so I get to see him more often. I had a crush on him eversince forever! But of course, I'm sure he just thought of me as a little sister. I rolled my eyes at that thought. 

Once we reached home, I greeted my mum and her best friend. I said my goodnight to Jin Oppa and walked to my room. I was so tired from all the running. Namjoon and Seokjin was having a race to see who ran the fastest and reach home first. I had no choice but to run with them. Although they claimed that it was a race, I knew better that they wanted to scare me of being alone at the dark alley. I was obviously terrified. They are so playful at times but I love their company. It was never boring.

 

The next day in school..

After two hours of Mathematics, I finally went out of the class to get some fresh air. It was so stuffy inside. The wind was blowing gently on my face. I smiled while closing my eyes. I saw someone standing beside me the moment I opened my eyes. I was a little startled to see Taehyung looking at me. Why is he here again?

"May i help you and what are you doing here?" I asked trying not to sound annoyed. He was clearly ruining my alone time with the wind.

"My class is just next to yours. I was already outside when you went out. I just came over to see you." He smiled and turned at me. Our eyes met again. Have I told you that he is very very goodlooking?! I broke away from his stare. 

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me you're outside?! I was waiting.." Soojung stopped yelling. She was definitely mesmerised by Taehyung. I know girl, he is goodlooking. I chuckled at my bestie's reaction. 

"I just wanted to have some fresh air but somebody happens to disturb my alone time." I replied, glaring at him.

Taehyung bowed at Soojung and turned to me. It was like he wanted to say something but he stopped himself. He turned away and went into his class.

"Omo omo omo, that is the guy I've been talking about! Isn't he cute?" Soojung shrieked with excitement.

So this is the guy my bestie is crazy about.. "Fine, I'll have to admit. He is pretty....cute." I walked in the class for the next lesson. 

Ding Ding Ding Dong

School has finally ended for the day. I walked out of the class with Soojung. We were talking about where to eat at the mall. I took out my phone and texted Namjoon.

 

 

To: Joonie Oppa
From: You

I’ll be going to the mall with Soojungie. I won’t be home late.

Beep Beep~

To: You
From: Joonie Oppa

Alright, babygirl. Don’t be home late. Call me if there’s anything.

 

 

After our early dinner, we finally got our seats at the HeartBucks. Soojung wanted her caramel macchiato so bad. I put down my bag and told her that I needed to go to the ladies urgently. 

I went out of the washroom and again, I saw Taehyung standing near the fountain. He was staring at me. This boy is a creep. Is he stalking me? I looked at him and saw Jimin standing beside him drinking milk tea. Oh, he must be out with the boys. I ignored him and walked over to Jimin. 

"Oppa! Is Joonie Oppa around?" I asked looking around for my brother.

"Um... n-no. It's j-just me and Taehyung." He stuttered. Jimin Oppa is a year older and is always so shy especially towards girls. He is also in the soccer club. So I'm pretty used to him stuttering every single time I tried to talk to him. 

"Oh ok. I'm with Soojung at HeartBucks. See ya in school!" I waved goodbye and went back to my bestie. I saw Jimin's face turned red but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer. I could feel Taehyung's eyes looking at me. 

After chilling with my bestie for a good hour, we finally head home after realising that it's late. Soojung lives just a few blocks away nearer to the school. After bidding our goodbye and goodnight, I walked home. Oppa will definitely get angry if he finds out I'm still outside. I quicken my pace thinking about my brother's temper. 

Ring Ring Ring~ Speaking of the devil.. I gulped and picked up the call.

"YAH! WHERE ARE YOU? YOU SAID YOU WON'T BE LONG BUT ITS DARK ALREADY!!" 

"Oppa, I'm sorry. I got carried away talking about.." I paused. I could feel someone was following me. I was so scared, I couldn't even talk or walk.

"WHERE ARE YOU? HELLO?! ARE YOU ALONE? CAN YOU FREAKING ANSWER ME?! BABYGIRL?" 

"O-oppa.. I'm scared.." I cried out softly. I heard my brother cursing and getting worried. I was also worried for myself. I took a deep breath. Run now, run! I ran as fast as I can. The alley was so dark, I almost tripped when suddenly, I could feel someone grabbed my hand. I shouted in fear. Not long enough, he closed my mouth.

"Shh. It's me." Taehyung shushed me. I almost fainted. My legs were weak and so I fell into his arms. Hmm, he smelled nice. "Why are you alone? It's dangerous. You are lucky that I happened to be here." He sound so concerned.

I cried. I freaking cried in front of him. In front of Taehyung. THE handsome Taehyung. At that moment, I was so relieved that he was there. I turned around and saw someone running away. I couldn't even speak to tell him that someone was following me. My head feels heavy. My eyes feels heavier.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" I heard Namjoon's voice but I couldn't open my eyes. I'm sorry, Oppa.

 


A/N:

How is this for the first chapter? I'm still new to this but I hope you'll like it! Comments and questions are always welcome! 

P.S Their age and personalities might be different from the real world. ;)