Nothing Like Us

Best Friends? NO!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaein woke up as usual. Right before 8 in the morning. Then he got a call from his dad. Happily he picked up the call. Which is unusual for him. Luckily his assistant didn’t heard their conversation.

“Yes dad? Why’d you call early in the morning?”

“Jae? Is that you? For real?”

“Yeah, it’s me. Why? You missed me that bad I guess dad.” Jae didn’t sound sarcastic at all.

“Well, I’m glad. Are you free today? Can we have lunch together?”

“Of course! Just share me the location, I’ll be there.”

His dad, for sure found his behaviour unusual. He’s weird. After all the hate he said before, how can he easily forgot that? Or maybe he wanted to fix their relationship for the sake of their future together? His dad just pray for his well-being. Hoping that call wasn’t the last time for them to have.

He was all giddy to meet his dad as far as he remember, it’s been so long since they met. He did planned to have a walk together with him later. (This happen back in the day when he didn’t discover the truth about his father yet. And his dad still care for him. This is also before his mother death. Maybe it’s a bit complicated, but hey life is always complicated. Just assume he’s in his teens back then when they’re still a happy family, and Jaein stay with his grandparents sometimes.)

As soon as his dad share him the location, he went straight to the location. He was all smiling as he saw the figure he missed the most, apart from his mother.

“Hi dad!” He hug the older.

“Hi son. I’m happy to meet you!” His dad was in awe.

“Why you look at me like I’m weird dad?”

“No, nothing. You’re lot handsome than before.”

“Thank to the genes though.”

.

.

“By the way, when will mom be back? She’s been so busy back in her hometown.” The question asked by Jae thunderstruck his dad immediately.

“Ah, what? Why are you asking me? Isn’t mom already …” He received a call from Mia.

Little did they know, Mia was spying them all along since her dad mentioned about the lunch just now.

“Dad, just go with the flow, I’ll tell you the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter