Are we?

Best Friends? NO!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung Jaein’s POV

I was drinking then this song played from the stereo. Is the world mocking me too? Seriously, God, why can I live in peace? When will I? This is so devastating for me, I feel like I can do nothing. I can see nobody but her. Just her. I’m so used to be with her.

And hate that reality. Cause she’s so perfect, and she’s worth to be love. I bet she doesn’t know that I do love her. She’s my favourite kind of love. I’m gonna care for her. Until I’m gone.

 

I switch on the television and saw my face in the news. The headline was : STH Corp Heir, CEO Sung Jaein was diagnosed with Brainstem glioma.

 

How come others know about this? When did they know about this? Could it be Mia? Or dad? But why the media? Without thinking much I grabbed my jacket and keys, drove to grandma’s house. I couldn’t think about other people, my grandma must be shocked. Anything could happen to her.

I went to grandma’s room right away as I arrived. Then there’s Nayeon hugging her at the corner of her bed. She knew it already. I don’t wanna cry in front of them. Although my tears started to swell up my eyes. I just smiled walking towards them.

 

“Nan gwenchana, halmeoni. Stop crying.”

“We’ll find the cure for your cancer, okay? Jaein my baby.. Grandma love you so much.”

There’s no cure halmeoni. I hate to lie but I need to.

“Arasseo. Just don’t cry anymore, you’re not pretty like that.” Jaein giggled.

 

.

.

.

 

“There’s no cure, am I right Jaein-ah?” Nayeon questioned Jaein that made him stared right into her.

“What if I say yes?”

She just stood there silently while her face facing down. She started to cry quietly, but Jaein could hear her sobbing.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t tell you sooner. I don’t want you to cry like this, in front of me, because I don’t want to worry you. Come on, smile a bit for me. How long will I be seeing your smile, your laugh?” Jaein cupped her face, wiped away her tears with his thumb.

.

.

 

“How long will I be loving you? Everyday, I love you, everyday, I call upon your name. It's not enough, no matter what I say. Everyday I wait for you to do the same to me. Even in my next life, I wanna love you, calling your name. How I wish it will be forever.” Jaein hoped that he can finally say that he loved her dearly. But no, he won’t.  It will hurt her in the end. He don’t want that. 

 

If I cry now, maybe I won't see you again.

That’s why I don't wanna cry.

I'm easily moved to tears.

But, I don't wanna cry.

You make everything look like magic.

I can see nobody but you.

Girl you never fail to make my day. You’re my favourite kind of light. ./

 

What will happen later? Everyone had grown to know about my disease, even my friends too. As hard as I tried to hide from everyone now, everyone knew. All my plan went to drain. I got a call from Taehyung hyung said that he wanted to meet me at our usual coffee house. I thought it’s just the two of us, but I turned out all 12 of them present including Nayeon. 

“It’s been awhile except for Nayeon. She keeps on showing up at grandma’s house.” I chuckled a bit as they still locking they’re eyes on me. Scary as hell.

“I didn’t know all of you’d be reaching out before I would. Hyung, you’re saying let’s meet up if I  got time. I thought it’s just us alone.” I’m the only one who do the talking since we saw each other.

“But, how could I say no to you right hyung?” I hug him from the side playfully.

“Yah all of you, don’t make that kind of face as if I’m going to die tomorrow. It’s kinda half excitement and half fear knowing all these thing, don’t you think?” Still no one dared to join the conversation.

“Oh come one… I still miss you guys… Really I am!”

“Okay… See, it hurts like hell. ing hurt. But, knowing that I got a dozen of great friends and I still got family that will support me, I can’t just give up right?”

“Right, we’re here for you. Anytime buddy!” Taehyung hyung ruffled my hair.

“I heard that your dad, he’s trying to make things right between you and grandma? Is everything fine?” Jihyo spoken up.

“Yeah, we did meet couple times. He got new family, automatically I got 3 new siblings. A caring older sister, a smart little brother yet haven’t spoke to me once and a cute baby sister. I grown fond to that kid.” I explained while sipping my coffee.

“Thank God to hear that. I’m happy for you.” Sooyoung said that made all of us choked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter