The idea of How's

Best Friends? NO!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaein’s POV

I noticed that lately I’m getting thinner and gradually loses my appetite. Not to mention my stamina, I’ve stopped my daily runs since I couldn’t remember. Luckily others didn’t noticed.

I got a call from my personal doctor, he made an appointment for me with one of his colleagues, my new specialist since he’s not in that field. I have to fly back to America then, to meet the doctor. What excuse should I give to halmeoni right now? I’ve been lying too much since then. Well, sometimes we need to lie a bit to prevent from hurting others, right? That’s what I’m doing.

 

California, USA

“Of all doctors, why you? Did you purposely handle my case because of your dad? You’re such a rock-headed girl I might say, Doctor Collins.” I blurted it out, off all doctors, why her? I need a complete explanation.

“Say whatever you want, Mr Sung. I just play my role as your surgeon.”

“Alright, I don’t want to worsen my condition, I’m already in a big fat mess. Just treat me as your patient. I’ll behave like professional.”

“Professional. That big fat mess, is the beauty of life. I believe that.”

“That beauty might also ruin your life. I believe that too. Seeing that pile of files in front of me, there might be bad and good news.”

“I wish for a good news for you, but you got a company.”

“I’m not surprise. Say it. Although it might be hard for me to understand some. Medical thingy.”

“So Mr Sung, as you already aware that Brainstem glioma is an aggressive and dangerous cancer. Without treatment, the life expectancy is typically a few months from the time of diagnosis. With appropriate treatment, 37% survive more than one year, 20% survive 2 years and 13% survive 3 years. This is not for all brainstem glioma. Yours is the middle.”

“But, my previous diagnosis, he said sadly I have less than 1 year to live.”

“Believe me, after you undergo your previous surgery, your condition is getting better. And increase your chance to live longer.”

“The bad news please?”

.

.

“I’m still gonna die right? But not YET.”

“The medication will effects your neurones. There’ll side effects and we’ll never know when will it start to show. That’s why I assure you to tell your family ab..”

“We’ve talked about this. No one will know. Except you and me. I beg you.”

 

2 years to live. Then I’ll die. It’s killing me slowly. Like a warm embrace you got from your mom. It feels nice. I kept searching for a distraction by web surfing through my iPad and this one article caught my attention.

Here are some suggestions for living your life as if you only had several months left:

1) Stop caring so much wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter