All about Jaein

Best Friends? NO!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sung Jaein’s & Grandma’s House

Jaein’s friendship with Nayeon is back again. Nayeon won’t get angry at him for long, that’s a fact. Jaein was helping his grandma with the dishes as he had nothing to do accept texting Nayeon or went out with her. After a while, his grandma call him upon to her reading room. He’s been wondering what will his grandma lectures him that one fine day.

“Why do you want to meet me here grandma? Sounds important enough. Last time I entered this room was last 5 years ago when I accidentally locked Jungkook in the school storeroom.” I joked a bit but grandma doesn’t flinched a bit, which make me worried a bit.

“Sit down Jaein-ah.”

“You know, I’m getting older so do you. And I need to tell you a lot of things before I go.”

“Halmeoni, don’t say like that. You’re still young and beautiful so do your grandson here.” I held her hands.

“There are a lot of things that your mom left for you. And your grandfather left for your mom. Eventually, those will be inherited to you. But, your mom don’t want me and granddad to pamper you with wealth. She wanted you to live like other normal kids. She doesn’t want you to live in that kind of environment. And you will continue our family’s legacy. You’re our one and only heir. Here, take a look at this.” Grandma handed me a file.

STH Corp. written on the file. Sung Tae Hyun. My Grandfather’s name.

“When you turned 20, I’ll hand it over to you. It’s not that long to wait anymore. And your late mother did bequest that you’re obliged to help your dad if he’s in troubles. Please forget all those things he had done to you.” Grandma pleaded. I saw tears in her eyes.

“How can I forgive him if he’s the cause of my mother’s death? If he didn’t had an affair with that woman, my mom would still alive. If I hadn’t seen he’s making out with her countless time in our own house, I won’t ran away like that, and mom would still alive. How can.. how can I forget? I just can’t. And he put all the blame on me, like I’m not his son.” I almost cried.

“Jaein, please. For your mother.”

.

.

.

.

 

 

Today is my graduation day, while Nayeon had hers two years back. She did attend my graduation ceremony with my other gang members along with my grandma. I saw her from far, she waved back while holding my grandma’s hand. I did really well in my last year of high school. I even get special awards from school.

“Wow our last member of dumb and dumber line had graduated! Let’s celebrate! Now all of us had graduated from high school and not underage anymore we can ……….. get drunk! Wohoo!” Taehyung said that earned a powerful hit from his girlfriend, Sejeong.

“Good job Sejeong!” Nayeon high-fived her.

“I cannot go back home in drunken state hyung. Grandma will declined my name from my family registration.” I patted my hyung’s head while showing sad face to him.

“Okay, just ciders and sodas will do.” He sounded a bit sulky. Most of our gang members’ are in relationships. Taehyung with Saejeong. Jungkook with his crush, Jieun. Joshua got Yeoa. Seulgi still with Joohyun. Dahyun accidentally in relationship with Chaeyoung, my mentee. Now I know why she tried to get closer to me all these years. While Wendy, Jihyo, Momo, Jeongyeon, Nayeon and me myself are single for the time being. Oh I forgot, Sooyoung is dating Sungjae.

I settled myself to sit beside Nayeon. It’s been so long since we gathered all together as the ‘already graduated’ members were busy with their campus life and we, the ‘just graduated’ with school life. We had a very long and continuous conversation until a known face showed up, while we walked home from the restaurant.

“Nayeon?” He said while laying his eyes on her that made me furious all of sudden and made me punch him hard on his face. He also got a chance punching me back at my face.

I didn’t stand a chance to beat him 2 years before as Nayeon won’t let me. I don’t know why she still insist on defending that .

“Jaeinnie stop it. He’s not worth it. Stop tiring yourself with this scum.” Nayeon calmly said that. She walked away leaving me again.

I assumed that she went home already. I stopped by at the convenience store that I always had cup ramyeon. The taste was still the same, ramyeon was surprisingly delicious on this kind of day. Until then a familiar figure sat in front of me. Pressing a handkerchief on my wound, on my left cheek. She continued to clean my wound even if I grunted and tried to stand and stop her. I gave up. I never win anyway.

 

“I thought you’re home already.” I said.

“I thought you’re home too. But then I didn’t see any light from your room.” Nayeon replied with her usual tone of speaking. Thank God!

“Are you stalking me?” I . I love to .

“Yes. I’m worried that he might came back and punch you again.”

“You do care about me, don’t you?” I said while slurping ramen.

“Do you want me to stop caring about you?” She teased.

“No, please don’t. I only have you and grandma. Only you two care about me.” I flashed my deadly smiled to her that made her rolled her eyes back. Cute.

“I’m going to California for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter