No. 8

A Sweetheart and Three Troublesome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are not sick.” The doctor closed the folder he is holding.

“Come on Jin-Hyung, how can I not be sick?” Jun asked.

“You’re not sick, oh and by the way, Sana can go home next week.” Jin, Jun’s doctor friend, said.

“How can Kim Seokjin not know that I’m sick, explain,” Jun asked.

“I’m working overtime for you and you don’t believe me, that is so great.” Jin said.

“Tell me why am I not sick? My chest hurts, I get irritated easily and my temper is not getting any better.” Jun stated.

After closing the Carat’s, Jun decided to visit the hospital he usually visits and he is really glad that the doctor that is his friend is still there, but Seokjin is not helping him. He sat down at the bedchair and Jin looked at his chart. “Look, if that’s the symptoms, you’re not supposed to be here.”

“Huh?”

“Have you heard something called love?” Jin said. “I’m going to explain it to you; your chest hurts because you’re jealous.” Jin sat down on his office chair, and looked at the papers on his desk.

“Huh?”

“You don’t have any history and most of all, you’re healthy, come to think of it, when did that begin to happen?” Jin asked.

“Weeks ago?” Jun answered.

“I’ve heard that’s when you got your new pastry chef,” Jin said.

“What are you telling me? He infected me?” Jun asked.

“No, maybe he did this to you,” Jin said.

“W-What do you me—“

“You’re in love Jun.” Jin flatly said. “And you are in love with your new pastry chef.”

Jun was confused, surprised and most of all, shocked. “What do you mean? I have chest pains, I got easi—“

“Your temper and irritation is normal, I knew you since we were kids, of course I knew you, you easily got irritated and you have no control over your temper.” Jin said putting down his ballpen. “Your chest hurts because you’re in love.”

“No, I am not,” Jun said.

“Then tell me other reasons why your chest hurts?” Jin said.

“How should I know, I am not a doctor, I am a chef,” Jun said.

“Come on, why can’t you just admit that you’re in love, is it that hard?” Jin asked.

“It is.”

“Why?”

“Because he is also in love with someone else,” Jun said. “He’s in love with my brother.”

“Oh, so this new pastry of yours is in love with your brother, do you think I can cure that up? I am doctor in a hospital, not some love doctor and besides, it’s not a doctor that you need, you need a friend.” Jin said. “Good thing, I’m off tomorrow, I can visit your restaurant.” Jin gave him his goodbye smile and left his office.

A nurse came telling him that Jin asked him to leave his office after ten minutes, Jun said he will immediately, he needs time to think. Enough time to admit what is really felt about love. Of course he didn’t tell the nurse about love, he just sat there.

 

~

 

Joshua and Seungcheol went to a coffee shop, it is located downtown and based on it, everything seems like they are in a different era. Seungcheol ordered for the two of them, and Joshua just looked at the paintings, “I first saw this, I am really amazed, beautiful paintings, right?” Seungcheol asked and Joshua nodded. “Look, I don’t know if that is the case... or if there is a case... but are you avoiding me?” Joshua looked at Seungcheol with surprised.

“W-what do you mean?”

“I mean like you are avoiding me? I kinda feel you are distant to me...” Seungcheol asked. “I want to know why...”

Joshua looked at Seungcheol and felt guilty, the thing is, Joshua realized it is his fault and that is avoiding Seungcheol might help it, but it can’t.

“Seungcheol... the thing is... it is not your fault at all, I am just... you know... ah, adjusting,” Joshua said still not meeting Seungcheol’s eyes. “I am not avoiding you, it’s just, and there are things that I am confused...”

“Confused?” Seungcheol asked.

“Like... if...” Joshua can’t find the courage of what he wants to say, he can’t even find the right words, it’s just, he don’t want to end everything that he have with Seungcheol. “Ah... you know what, I guess I’m just tired.”

“How about we go somewhere?” Joshua looked at Seungcheol with a surprised face.

“H-Huh?”

“Tomorrow you’re off right? Let’s go somewhere else.” Seungcheol said. “We can go anywhere you want.”

Joshua smiled. “Really?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter