No. 1

A Sweetheart and Three Troublesome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua don’t know what to do anymore with his life, as a singer he failed again another audition and to be honest with himself, he’s been doing it for a month after his contract got expired. He is also a patisserie and no one is hiring him also, his life is ruined and he can’t help but to feel down.
“What should I do with my life, Hoshi!!” Joshua said while crying in front of his bestfriend.
“The reason why you are not getting any jobs is because you don’t know what love is.” Hoshi said.
“What do you mean?” Joshua said. “Of course, I know what love is, I know how it feels like to in loved, that is why I know how to sing those songs.”
“Do you?” Hoshi asked, “When was the last time you fell in love?”
“Huh?”
“When was the last time you fell in love? Joshua, let’s be honest here or else you’ll regret not answering my question?” Hoshi said.

Joshua tried to remember the last time he fell in love, “4 years ago.”

“Huh?”

“The last time I fell in love was four years ago, that is when my career started to build up, it was a quick one so I don’t really care about it.” Joshua confessed.

“Joshua...” Hoshi said that made Joshua looked at him. “This is a serious problem, we need to get you out of it.”

“Huh?”

“We need to get you out of that scary ‘you will be alone forever’ zone.” Hoshi said then he grabbed Joshua’s arm. “Let’s go!!”

“Where?”

“Trust me, Joshua. You’ll never regret this.”

 

~

 

After being dragged by Hoshi in different stores, he finally let go of Joshua's hand. Hoshi aid that he needs to go somewhere, meaning he will leave JOshua alone because he is going to meet his lover, Joshua knew it, Hoshi is inspired because of him. Joshua then, decided to eat alone because he is too troubled that Hoshi might make him buy more unnecessary things again. He wants to have some outlet before things might go crazier again.

“Okay let’s see—“ Joshua looked around and saw that everyone have a partner aside from him and that made him realized that he is really alone for 4 years already.

“Are ready to—“

“WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!” Joshua cried and the waiter was surprised.

“E-Excuse me?” the waiter said, he is confused because Joshua shouted out of nowhere and gathered everyone's attention. “What is your order sir?”

Joshua looked at the waiter and the waiter was shocked and almost got scared. “Can I order love?”

“H-Huh?”

Joshua clicked his tongue and left the restaurant, the other guests can’t help but to fuzz over the scene, the waiter was then approached by someone higher than him because of the clothes.

“What happened?” he asked the waiter.

“That guy, he left his things.” The waiter said.

 

~

 

Joshua is walking at the sidewalk, he never felt this cold in his entire life, it felt like the whole world is screaming at him that he is nothing but a loveless idiot with nothing, then he realized something, “W-wait! Where’s my—“

“Are you looking for these?”

Like those in the movie everything went in slow motion for Joshua, as he turned around he saw him, the one who saved him when they were in high school, he was holding the paper bags that he bought before. “Seung...cheol?”

Seungcheol smiled and ran to him. Joshua can still remember their height difference, the way Seungcheol is smiling to him back then in highschool and how bright Seungcheol is, “It’s been a while, Joshua.” He patted Joshua's head and from there Joshua knew it, he is once again in love with his first love.

 

~

 

“You saw him?” Hoshi said.

Joshua and Hoshi are eating on a nearby ramen house, Hoshi knew the story about Joshua’s first love since Joshua is his classmate first year high school. Joshua and Hoshi are always together to the point that when Hoshi and Joshua were separated at the sitting arrangement Joshua cried to their teacher.

“Yep...”

“And what happened?”

“He asked me if I can work for him this summer.” Joshua said.

“WHAAAAAAATTT?” Hoshi said that made the other customers look at them. Joshua smiled and made an apologizing face.

“Can you please be more quiet, he asked me if I am still baking and asked me if I can help their restaurant, just what are you thinking Kwon Soonyoung?” Joshua said.

“Ah, I thought you were asked to be a dancer of a club or something like that...” Hoshi laughed. “Then what did you reply?” Joshua smiled shyly and Hoshi smiled at that act, “You still love him, right?”

“H-Huh? What do you mean?”

“Your smiles, the glowing aura and even your actions, come on don’t be too obvious Joshua.” Hoshi . “How about we go and make you a human this time?”

“H-Huh?” Joshua said. “Are you telling me, I am not a human?”

“Nahhh, I’m telling you to be one.” Hoshi said then he pulled Joshua out of the ramen house.

 

Hoshi brought Joshua to the nearest mall and the two of them went from stall to another stall, just to buy new clothes. AGAIN. Joshua 

“Didn’t we just buy new clothes yesterday?” Joshua asked to Hoshi who is busy looking at the clothes.

“Those clothes were pajamas, we are now looking for your casual clothes.” Hoshi said.

“W-wait!” Joshua said. “I am going to be a patisserie there and not a display so why would I need to—“

“Joshua, how will you showcase your talent if you are not confident? Being confident is important, you need to be one or else everything will go down.” Hoshi said with a smile and all Joshua can do is to sigh, he have a pushy bestfriend and the only choice left and to go with the flow.

 

~

 

After they are done buying new clothes, Joshua and Hoshi went to buy ice cream at the ice cream parlor bus in the park, Joshua sat at the bench while Hoshi decided to stand up after finishing the ice cream. “So Joshua, tomorrow you’ll be going?” Hoshi asked.

“Yep.” Joshua said.

“Give me your phone.” Hoshi said and Joshua followed, he didn’t mind what his bestfriend will going to do. “There, I installed Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LINE for us to communicate better and for you to be a human.”

“W-What do you mean by that? I am a human too!” Joshua asked.

“Joshua, in the four years you didn’t do anything besides singing and baking, more or less baking so you forgot that there is a bigger world out there wanting to see you, try posting on those, but I suggest you post more on Instagram, because they say pictures are the window of your life, and please be more updated with what is happening to the world.” Hoshi said.

“Who said that?” Joshua asked.

“No need for you to know.” Hoshi said then gave him a wink. “Ah, I need to go already, I still have my dancing class tonight.”

“Okay, see you.” Joshua said and Hoshi gave him a hug.

“You can do this Joshua.” Hoshi said, “And I hope when you come back here you already have your first kiss after four years.” Hoshi .

Joshua laughed at his friend while seeing him ran away. “Kiss... when was the last time I kissed someone else...” Joshua thought. “4 years ago?”

 

~

 

Joshua is packing his clothes when he saw the pajama that Hoshi choose for him, it is a pink velvet pajama with a matching hat, Hoshi also bought him a onesie Eevee that is super cute, “Aish, that guy...” Joshua smiled, remembering how his friend tried so hard just to keep it away from him so he will be more surprised.

“Tomorrow my summer will start, they say that in summer people can’t help but to fall in love...” he lay down to his bed and looked at the ceiling of his apartment and he suddenly smiled, hugging the nearest pillow and forcing himself to stop from giggling. “Aish, I can’t wait.”

 

~

 

He took the train on the way to Busan, looking at the scenery it still amazes Joshua even though he’s been in Korea for 5 years, when he was in Seoul it is really different like everything seems to be in fast paced, but there, he can see everything seems to be at eases. When he arrived at the station the first thing he heard is the waves from the beach, the echo of the chirping birds and even the laughing sound of the local, everything sounds and looks nice. He immediately went to the beach even though he is carrying his luggage.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Joshua said with enthusiasm, everyone looked at him, but he didn't notice them, he is busy appreciating everything that is in front of him.

He saw every locals and tourist having fun and taking pictures then he remembered his phone. “Oh wait...” He took a picture of the scenery but them he was about to go to another angle when someone bumped him and he fell at the sand.

“Aiish...” Joshua said then he noticed his clothes are already dirty. “Yah!!!” He saw the man who bumped him walking away so he ran after him and finally he managed to stop him. “Look at what you did to my clothes?”

The guy looked at him from head to foot and ignored him again.

“YAH!!!” Joshua manag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter