No. 3

A Sweetheart and Three Troublesome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua woke up late and to think that this the first day that Jun let him enter the Carat's kitchen area, he immediately went to the bathroom and washed up. But because Joshua is fortunately super unlucky. “Why am I—“ Joshua was about to open the door when Jun suddenly appeared out of nowhere. “H-Hi...” He greeted Jun with a hint of being scared on his face.

Jun raised his eyebrow and Joshua knew what will happen after that, so he just quietly walked out of the bathroom but Jun didn’t let that happen easily. He pulled Joshua’s hood. “Why are you still here? I thought employees should be earlier than their boss.”

“H-Huh? I am?” Joshua absentmindedly asked.

Jun raised his eyebrow again and Joshua felt scared again.

“I am...” Joshua felt defeated.

“Be there in 30 minutes, Wonwoo and Mingyu will be there. I knew if you  are going to be late.” Jun warned him and Joshua nodded and after that Jun left him so he can take a bath.

 

~

 

Joshua sighed before closing the front door, being unlucky is really a big thing to Joshua, there is no day that he feels he is so lucky like now that Minghao is also going to school. “Going to the restaurant?” Minghao asked he held his bike tightly so it won't fall, he noticed that Joshua had been sighing for days now and even earlier.

“Yep.” Joshua sighed again.

“Hyung is a little bit bossy but he is nice, just bear with him a little bit and wait till he is comfortable being with you around. Jun-Hyung is really good to be with if he is comfortable with the person.” Minghao said.

“What do you mean?”

“The reason why Mingyu-hyung is not in the kitchen although he is a chef is that they had a fight week ago, so they are not exactly talking to each other. That is why sometimes hyung is really in bad mood. Oh, Hyung loves being in a bad mood. But he is nice.” Minghao said.

“Oh, I really thought he is Grumpy in Snow White, always frowning and everything.” Minghao laughed upon hearing what Joshua commented.

 

~

 

When Joshua arrived at the restaurant, it is open already so he panicked already because Jun wants him to be the earliest one inside. If it is now open it means that Jun will either going to rant about him getting late or... there is nothing or, Jun will definitely going to be mad at him for being late. Joshua ran as fast as he can, he needs to see who is the that opened the door. When Joshua arrived, he saw someone unfamiliar, his eyes are sharp and his built is kinda thin.

“Oh, you’re here.” It was Wonwoo who opened the shop. Joshua remembered him, he is Mingyu's best friend, and Jun's best buddy. “Jun is bullying you right? I am around the area so I am always early. ”

“Huh?”

 

~

 

Seungcheol saw Jun is still in their kitchen and he is cooking something, “What is that?” Seungcheol asked.

“I’m going to visit her, I want to bring her some food,” Jun said as he grabbed the boxes at the dishwasher. “I’m going to be late. I'll be going then.” Jun said as he put everything he cooked on the Tupperware.

“So Mingyu can fill up the kitchen today?” Seungcheol asked. Jun glared at him. “I’m just saying, not asking.”

“You can do whatever you want, I’ll be back by noon warn him I don't want him to be there the moment I got there,” Jun said.

 

~

 

It was Mingyu who arrived last, everyone was already there and the Carat's Kitchen is about to happen, “Where is Jun?” he asked.

“He said I should go first here. I think he is going to be late” Joshua said.

“Really? That is unusual, Jun always the one who arrives here first, oh you are here already? Nice.” Mingyu said when he saw Wonwoo mopping around. “I’ll go get change, ah Joshua, Seungcheol asked me to give this to you,” Mingyu said then he tossed Joshua the uniform of their restaurant, it is an apron colored as Rose Quartz and Serenity.

Joshua smiled as if he won something big, Joshua finally got the thing that he really wants and this is not a dream, he is officially part of the Carat's Kitchen now. “Thank you!!! Really, thank you!!!”

Wonwoo, who was mopping the floor that time, managed to give a smile to Joshua when he heard that Joshua's happy tone and saw him dancing around like a crazy person. “You looked like you won something,” Wonwoo said.

“I did!” Joshua immediately put on the apron and he looked at himself in the mirror.

Wonwoo and Mingyu were smiling as if they are so proud that Joshua managed to stay even though Jun is really cold and rough at him. “He is strong,” Mingyu commented.

Wonwoo nodded and smiled because he knew Joshua is really someone who is strong enough.

 

~

 

All ingredients are set, plates are already placed in the corner so that the preparations will be much easier, the store is already clean but Jun is the only one missing, the chef is not yet there, it is about time to open but Jun is still not there, and before Joshua started to panic, Seungcheol entered and on his face his signature smile was plastered, “Jun will not be here, but he’ll be back later and because of that Mingyu will be our chef for this morning, Jun said that he needs to go somewhere, we agreed that he needs to be back by noon here or he needs to do some extra work for me.” Seungcheol said while smiling.

“Why?” Joshua asked. “What happened? Where is—“

The door suddenly opened, “I’m back.”

Mingyu, Wonwoo, and Seungcheol all smiled upon th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter