One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 9 

 

There was a piercing sound that blocked every other noise in the world. Not even the sound of crushing metal and inflating air bags could break though it. Yuri felt her insides twists. Her body threatened to shut down but she was forced to feel the agonizing consciousness of the couple's situation. When Yuri strained her neck to gazed over at Jaejoong, she saw glass shattered all over the car. Some glasses from the windshield clung and dugged into his body. Horrified, she screamed, "Jaejoong Oppa!" 

 

Yuri was sore and she could feel the stinging sensation of glass scraping against her tanned skinned. Her heart pounded. Jaejoong wasn't waking up. His car was smashed in the middle by a pole, "Oppa, Jaejoong Oppa, please wake up?" Yuri began to sobbed. Panic consumed her. Shaking, she reached around to feel for her legs. Her toes curled. She was scratched up but she wasn't crushed and she was very much alive. Reaching around, she padded her pocket to find her phone. 

 

"Hello, what is your emergency?" 

 

"We ran into a pole." She sniffled, as water sprang out of her eyes, "I think my friend is dead. I don't know what to do." Yuri cried, as the emergency contact proceeded to calm her down until she could calmly release information on their location. It wasn't long before sirens swarmed the road. The paramedics were rushing to the car when Yuri suddenly heard a groaned. More tear flooded her cheeks as she witnessed Jaejoong's eyes squinted opened, "Oh my god, Oppa." 

 

"So, we are friends now?" Jaejoong asked, barely a whispered, barely audible. A painful coughed followed. Yuri laughed almost hysterically as she felt relief rushed through her bones. 

 

"Stay alive and we are." Yuri replied. There was a hint of a smiled on Jaejoong's scratched up face but it dropped immediately from the pained. 

 

"Deal." That was the last word he muttered, before the paramedics ripped the car door opened. 

 

"The car looked like it was coming towards you?" The officer asked Yuri, who sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. She had been bandaged up and checked for concussion injuries. The doctor had explained the accident was a miracle. They had hit the pole between where the two of them sat. Usually, hitting poles at the speed they were going were fatal. Yuri had walked away with some deep bruises and stitching in her arms from the glass but nothing was broken. 

 

"Yes, I have said that already. It was the middle of the day, we weren't on drugs and we weren't drinking. I don't know what the other car was doing. I swear, it was heading straight towards us." 

 

"Alright, thank you. We will registered this information." The officer replied, with little emotion. 

 

"Are you going to find the driver?" Yuri asked. 

 

"We will do our best, ma'am." The officer clearly couldn't give her an assured answered. The situation didn't make any senses. Either the driver was on drugs or someone was actually trying to hit them. It sounded ridiculous though. Before Yuri could say another word, she heard a familiar sounding cry. 

 

"Well, I want to see him now." It had been forever since Yuri had heard that voice. Choi Sooyoung. However, the figured next to her was more familiar looking. He clearly didn't seem distraught by the situation either. Youngkwang rarely ever got emotional. The two of them had been together for an eternity. Yuri couldn't quite figured out how they worked but they did. Now, it would seem like Yuri would have seen Sooyoung more often with those family tea get togethers but Youngkwang always said she was conveniently on a business tripped. Yuri came to the conclusion that Youngkwang never liked having her around the family. When Yuri was younger, she saw her more often, Sooyoung had always been interested in his family's lives. This irritated Youngkwang as he only cared for a few things and that was his worked and Sooyoung. 

 

Sooyoung's head turned and her dark brown almond-shaped eyes immediately stared into Yuri's. It didn't take long for Sooyoung to go from point A, where she was standing, to point B, where Yuri sat. 

 

"Oh my god, were you with Joongie?" Sooyoung asked, as she witnessed the badaged scrapes along Yuri's arms. Yuri didn't have much time to answered before she was being sweeped into Sooyoung's arms. Yuri squealed as she was still very sore. Sooyoung let go of her and apologized quickly. 

 

"It's alright." Yuri mustered up a smiled. Even though things hadn't ended well with her and Jaejoong before, Sooyoung had always been sweet. It still baffled Yuri, too. How could someone as cold as Youngkwang be with her? "Yeah, I was. Jaejoong Oppa's conscious but he was pretty bang up." Yuri explained. 

 

"What happened? How did this happened?" 

 

"I don't know. There was this car and it was coming towards us and." Yuri paused, as she recalled the sudden event, "Oppa swirved out of the way but the car hit a pole pretty hard." 

 

"I'm so glad you are ok. We just got the message an hour ago and Youngkwang Oppa had some business near here so we rushed over." Sooyoung hastily explained, as Youngkwang gracefully strolled over to them. He wore an unaffected oval-shaped face. The lack of emotion still stunned Yuri. His brother was hurt and he didn't looked panicked whatsoever. 

 

"He's in room 301B." Youngkwang said calmly to Sooyoung, "Your mom called me, Yuri." Youngkwang's attention turned to her. Yuri was so wrapped up in her worries; she had completely forgotten to called her mom. 

 

"I have to called her." Yuri's voice shook as she pulled out her phone that was draining in battery. As she did this, Sooyoung and Youngkwang were called on by Jaejoong's doctor. Yuri nearly stopped the called when Sooyoung waved her off. 

 

"Called your mom first, Yuri." Sooyoung ordered. Yuri obliged and step over in the cornered. 

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung and Youngkwang were escorted to Jaejoong's room. Sooyoung clasped Youngkwang's arm as the doctor began to explained the injuries, "Really, there's nothing to worry about at this point. He's going to be fine so long as he follows instruction. We have given him a lot of stitches but unfortunately, he suffered a fracture in his right leg so he will be on crutches for a while." 

 

"Oh, poor Joongie." Sooyoung squeezed onto Youngkwang's arm more before the two of them arrived at Jaejoong's room. The doctor left them as a nurse grabbed his attention away. 

 

A moment later, Jaejoong heard the door beginning to creak opened. His body was sore and bruised but he forced himself upright. A glimpse of hope scattered across his eyes and instantly dropped when he saw the familiar figured of his brother. Ugh. His body fell back into the cushion of the hospital bed. He grimaced at the way his body reacted. Every single thing ing hurt. 

 

"Oh my gosh, Joongie." Sooyoung raced across the room until she swung her arms around Jaejoong. Another grimace of pained escaped Jaejoong, "Oh, I'm sorry." Sooyoung quickly unwrapped her arms from around him, "How are you feeling?" 

 

Jaejoong forced on a smiled, "I have taken worse." He muttered, and a second later, Youngkwang flicked the end of Jaejoong's casted foot. In returned, Jaejoong yelped. 

 

"Aren't you on pained medication?" Sooyoung sputtered. 

 

"I'm fine." Jaejoong scoffed, but Sooyoung gave him a long stared before stomping on her foot to turned around, "I'm getting the nurse so you can get some relief." She told him. Jaejoong rolled his eyes. Sooyoung was currently going through med-school and she seemed to think she had to take care of everyone. Once Sooyoung left to tract down a nurse, Youngkwang approached his brother distastefully. He plopped a phone into Jaejoong's lap. Jaejoong's phone. 

 

"Hey!" Jaejoong spat, but then Youngkwang dropped another phone onto him. 

 

"Why do we have another phone added onto our bill this month?" Youngkwang questioned. Jaejoong wavered in his gazed while his brother stared firmly. 

 

"How did you get this?" 

 

"Cops. What are you doing with two phones?" 

 

"Ones for business, ones for pleasure." Jaejoong shrugged. 

 

"What business do you have?" Youngkwang questioned. 

 

"Why do you even care?" Jaejoong shot back. 

 

There was a long pauses as Youngkwang stared down at his brother who attempted to avoid the gazed. It wasn't a completely crazy questioned on Jaejoong's part; the elder brother was never one to intervene in other's lives and especially not his brother's. 

 

As the elder began to speak, the door opened again, with Yuri standing in the doorway. Jaejoong hesitated as he went from the phones to Yuri. As she came forward, she furrowed her brows at the two of them. 

 

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked, out of curiosity. The atmosphere was tenses and Yuri could feel every bit of it even though she didn't understand what was going on. It wasn't like she had known these two to be very affectionate towards one another but things felt off. 

 

"No, we are just talking about how Youngkwang here is going to be really awesome and chauffeur me around until I get my car fixed." Jaejoong attempted to shrugged away the tension. Youngkwang wasn't amused as he threw a glared towards his brother that said, 'as if'. 

 

"Oh." Yuri smiled slightly as she stepped towards them. She discovered two phones lying on Jaejoong's lap. Jaejoong's eyes met her gazed as he immediately spewing words from his mouth. 

 

"I was just checking to see if my phone was damaged and was comparing it to Youngkwang's phone since we have the same kind." Jaejoong overly explained, which Yuri found to be more odd. 

 

Youngkwang glanced at his brother before coming to an easy realization. His slipped one of the phones into his pocket, "Yeah. It seems fine." 

 

"That's good." Yuri said, a little awkwardly. A string of silence floated around them. Just as Yuri tried to break it, Sooyoung popped in with a nurse. Sooyoung made a B-line to Jaejoong and began to get the pained medicine straightened out with the nurse. At one point, Youngkwang had to take a phone called so he left the room. Yuri felt weird watching Jaejoong in this physical state. Maybe it wasn't even that. Maybe she felt weird because she actually felt this tingling bit of pained in her chest. How could she feel worried for him? It was more than just being worried about anyone in a car accident. What if it was just guilt? He had been badly hurt in his leg and she was walking away with some stitches on her body. 

 

"You are all set. The doctor should be releasing you soon and you will have another check up in a few weeks." The nurse explained, before leaving. Sooyoung's Samsung Galaxy S3 buzzed. 

 

"I'm so sorry, I have to get this." Sooyoung apologized, and left the two alone. Yuri's hand almost reached out to pulled Sooyoung back because she had no clue what to say. 

 

"Hey." Jaejoong caught Yuri's attention as she turned her eyes from the door to him. Good, at least Jaejoong knew something to say, "Did you mean what you said?" 

 

Yuri gave him a blank stared. 

 

"I'm alive so we are friends now, right?" He asked, with a meaningful stared. Yuri came to the realization at what he was saying and instantly, her eyes rolled. 

 

"I don't think that any statements made in the midst of an accident are really set in stone. You don't really want a cheap promises due to a life threatening experience, do you?" 

 

"Oh, I do. I want it. Cheap or not." 

 

"But wouldn't it be more satisfying if you got a more sincere promise that..." 

 

"Yuri." He stopped her, as his hand grasped onto her wrist at the end of the hospital bed. She flinched, "I'm not going to give up so you might as well accept this now because it's happening and I'm not going to messed it up." Yuri's pulse raced. Everything was happening so quickly. How could she let go of her opinions of him she had for four years in a matter of a few short weeks? 

 

"Friends don't put friends into dangerous situations. You will have to worked on that, too." 

 

"I have got a running lists, don't you worry. Not going to happened again." 

 

"So, how long do you have to be in a casts?" 

 

"Doctor says a month or so." Yuri giggled at his answered, "What?" 

 

"You are going to have such a hard time. Remembered the last time you were in a casts? You fell out of a tree, which might I add, I told you not to climbed and you were in a cast for weeks. You complained the whole time." "Hey, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself and you are the one who wanted that apple at the top." 

 

"I said it looked like the best. I didn't tell you to go get it." 

 

"Same thing." The two of them began to bickered and even though everything was up in the air, things felt good. Things felt normal but totally not normal. 

 

'Do you think things happened for a reason, serial killer?

 

'Depends.

 

'On what?

 

'The outcome.

 

Yuri stared at her phone to think over his answered. It was a questioned that needed to be answered as she stood in front of Jaejoong's door. Did everything that had happened, happened because Jaejoong needed to be back in her life? It was crossing her mind in the last few days. Shaking off this odd feeling, she focused on the task at hand. She had agreed to helped him with his things to get to their class since he was stuck with crutches. Knocking on the door, she could hear the stabs at the ground through the door. Eventually, the knobbed turned until it cracked opened. 

 

"Glad you are here. Want to helped me get dressed?" Jaejoong asked, with a scruffy voice. 

 

"Wait, what...?" She began, before Jaejoong's door glided opened to revealed him in a pair of loose navy plaid Calvin Klein Matrix boxer. Her face brightened until it was crimson red. A squealed of surprised slipped from her pink color lips, "Oh my gosh! Get dressed or I'm leaving, you ert!" She screamed at him. Although she meant it with confidence, the hands on her face said anything but confidence. 

 

Jaejoong's laughter fluttered in the air. There was no explanation as he left the door and began to hobble around the room to find a clean shirt and pair of jeans. Yuri peeked through her fingers to find that the door was still opened and Jaejoong was struggling to pulled up his black PacSun Stacked skinny stretch jeans. He glanced up at her and caught her peeking. Instantly, her head swung to the side. 

 

"The offered wasn't a joke. If you are that intrigued, you can helped me zipped this up." Jaejoong called out to her, "Oppa. I swear, if you aren't out here fully clothed in eight seconds, I'm leaving." 

 

As Jaejoong hobbled over to her at the door, he adjusted his shoulders to his action green Nike Brasilia 7 backpack, "Ah, calm down. I'm here." He told her, and Yuri turned to see him finally clothed. 

 

"Ok, what can I carry?" She asked, with purposed, hands out wide for whatever he needed. 

 

"Psh. I'm not making you carry anything, Yul. You are a girl and I can handle..." 

 

"Excuses me?" 

 

"What? What I say?" 

 

Quickly, Yuri pulled one of his crutches from his good leg, "Give me the bag." 

 

"Hey, are you trying to cripple me more?" 

 

"Give. Me. The. Bag." 

 

"No way." 

 

Yuri reached for his other crutch as Jaejoong struggled to stayed steady with one crutch. 

 

"What are you? Crazy? Fine, take the freaking bag." With triumph, Yuri took his bag from his shoulders and strapped it onto her own shoulder before handing him his other crutch. She began to walked down the hall of the dorm. 

 

"Are you coming, cripple?" She asked, with a cheeky grinned. Jaejoong stared at her with disbelief before an easy smiled found its way onto his face. Slowly, he trailed after the girl who was an absolute bag of insane. 

 

Jaejoong had his head upside down on the bed as he stared at Yuri who worked at her desk. 

 

"When did you get glasses?" Jaejoong asked, out of curiosity as Yuri shook her leg while she read. 

 

"I have had them for a while." 

 

"How come I never saw you wear them in high school?" 

 

"You honestly think you paid enough attention to me to noticed whether or not I wore glasses?" Yuri scoffed, as she highlighted something in her book. 

 

"Clearly, you had no idea how much I did." Jaejoong muttered, under his breath. Yuri could barely make out the words. A part of her heard them but a larger part told her to ignored what she heard. She cleared and glanced over at him as he was making circles in the fluffy rug. 

 

"I didn't wear them in public." She responded, and self-consciously adjusted the glasses on the bridge of her nose, "I didn't think I looked good in them. Besides, they are only for reading because it's hard to see the words clearly sometimes." 

 

"I like them." 

 

Yuri adverted her eyes towards the pages of her book, 'English. Focused on English, Yuri.' "Don't you have stuff to worked on? That's why you came over, right? To study?" 

 

"Yeah." Jaejoong said, as he continued to watched her. He didn't make any movements to grabbed his things. Instead, he just hung his head upside down and stared. Suddenly, the door to the room opened. Taeyeon walked in with her worked uniform on. She had recently acquired a job at a sport centered where kids could played on trampolines and played things like dodge ball. 

 

"Hey." Taeyeon said, with raised brows at Jaejoong who was on Yuri's bed. 

 

"That's my cue. I think I have done enough studying for today." Jaejoong said, as he ed his body up on the bed. Grabbing his crutches, he threw a grinned at Taeyeon who didn't exactly returned it. 

 

"You barely studied." Yuri said, as she stretched her arms above her head and yawned. 

 

"I studied using the creative abilities of my mind." He replied, tapping his head. 

 

"You are ridiculous." Yuri laughed a little, "Do you need helped with your things?" 

 

"What things did you have in mind?" Jaejoong wiggled his brows. Yuri turned red while Taeyeon coughed loudly, "Hello. I'm right here." Taeyeon informed the two. 

 

"So you are." Jaejoong said, before making his way out of the door without another word. Even though he was on crutches, his strides forward appeared as if he were floating on air. 

 

The second the door closed, Taeyeon turned to looked at Yuri. 

 

"What?" 

 

"You know what." 

 

"Taeyeon, just say what you want to say." 

 

"That boy is...do you honestly not see it?" 

 

"You are not making any senses, Taeyeon." 

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she settled onto her bed, "How do you feel about Jaejoong Oppa, Yuri?" The questioned made Yuri pauses in her reading. 

 

"We are friends." 

 

"Right." 

 

"We are." 

 

"Ok. I hope he knows that." Taeyeon replied, with raised brows. Yuri was frustrated. Why was Taeyeon bringing this all up? So what if Jaejoong and her were spending time together. That's what friends did. 

 

"Whatever." Yuri said, with a little too much attitude, "I'm taking a shower." She explained, before closing her book and grabbing her toiletries. The door nearly slammed behind Yuri when she left the room. As she made her way down the hall, she took her phone and tapped away with one hand. 

 

'I'm allowed to have a guy who's a friend, right? I mean, I have you, serial killer.

 

Usually, there was a response right away these days but Yuri watched her phone and waited for a reply for what seemed like an eternity. She slipped into the community shower room and undressed. By the time she got out, there was still no answered. He's probably just busy. It wasn't until midnight when she heard her phone buzzed. It wasn't serial killer though. 

 

'I get my casts off in two and a half weeks. We are going to throw a party that weekend. Do you want to come?

 

Yuri was about to reply with a 'yes' until he texted again. 

 

'With me?

 

She swallowed. What did that mean? A small surged of panic rolled through her. Unsure of how to answered, she replied with vagueness. 

 

'I don't know what I'm doing that weekend yet. I will get back to you.

 

After that, she curled into her covers and forced herself to sleep. 

 

Yuri was sleeping in her dorm. It was Thursday night and she had a test tomorrow or technically today since it was three in the morning. Tests made her anxious. She had studied. She would do fine and yet; her mind wouldn't shut the hell up. She tossed and turned. Serial killer had texted a couple of days ago. He said he lost his phone again. Although she wanted to ring him out for it and called him a liar, she was just happy to hear from him again. He never answered her questioned though. Instead of bothering him about it, she kept the rest of their conversations light because then maybe, he wouldn't leave her again, like that. 

 

She had been texting him a few moments ago when she heard a knocked on her window. Well, it was more like a clink. Taeyeon wasn't there since she was staying over at Kyuhyun's place, 'It's probably people just being dumb outside.' Yuri thought to herself, as she covered herself more in the blankets. Another clink. Ugh. People should be in bed. Another clink. Yuri felt her lips go sour as she threw the covers off of her body before getting up and pulling the curtains away from the window. Ready to give these people a piece of her mind, her face suddenly dropped. Jaejoong stood on the ground without crutches. Quickly, Yuri raised her window and called down to him. 

 

"Are you an idiot?!" 

 

"Yes. Now, would you get down here before I collapse on this weak leg?" 

 


 

 

A/N: More info about the new upcoming fanfic, hahaha 

Seems like not only was yuri's new kdrama will be my inspiration but this book I found from a long time ago when I bought it off amazon call 'Irresistible Forces'.

Here's the summary for the fanfic which I will probably be posting tomorrow

'Kwon Yuri is a professional lawyer, whatever she wants, she gets but the problem with that is that, she wants a baby, not a relationship. Ji Changwook is a successful businessman while also a bachelor, running his own company. What he wants is the same as Yuri, a baby but no commitment, but he has made up a rule of no business and pleasure mixing in together. That is when Changwook is taken aback by Yuri's proposition. One passion filled week on an island for the sole purposed of making a baby. Though he thought the deal was crazy, he sees it as an opportunity to finally get his y lawyer into bed so its a win-win situation. But the true problem is, will they be able to spend one week away without attracting any feelings for each other?' 

Yes, the main guy won't be Jaejoong or Yunho but JI CHANG WOOK!!! Lol, I'm sorry 

This story will be dedicated to my silent reader DongBangShiDae since she has ask me to write one of ji chang wook after watching 'The K2' so I hope you guys will enjoy the story 

 

P.S. Is it just me or does Ji Changwook and Kim Jaejoong look alike? 

 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡