One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

 

N/A: a little warning. jaejoong has a pottymouth in this story so be warn, ahaha

 


 

Chapter 1 

 

"You know what, I don't need him." Yuri slurred her words while she held her cup of soju in the palm of her hands. Her dark brown, almond-shaped eyes glazed over the almost empty cup, deciding whether or not to poured herself a new glass. 

 

"That's right, you don't." Her best friend, Kim Taeyeon replied, and patted Yuri on the back. The two girls resided in Taeyeon's basement and were currently gulping down the alcohol she bribed her boyfriend, Cho Kyuhyun, to buy for them. It was a needed event. They weren't drinkers by any means and this was really out of place for someone like Yuri. Usually, she was the type to followed the rules but tonight, she needed this. 

 

"I never did like that Sihoo guy anyway. He was so la." Taeyeon hiccuped, before continuing, "Lame. You need someone who's exciting and actually fun." She drunkenly tried to console her friend. 

 

Yuri smiled sheepishly, playing with the outside of her cup by twirling her fingertips along the rim. Taeyeon was always there for Yuri and she appreciated that. It was like, whenever Yuri went through something, Taeyeon was right there and ready to do whatever made Yuri feel better, even if it meant getting drunk tonight. 

 

For a while, Yuri had thought that she had that kind of relationship with her now ex-boyfriend, Park Sihoo. She was sure he had stick with her forever. You see, Yuri wasn't always as confident in herself. She had a lot of issues with her body and being over weight at the beginning of her high school career, many people made nasty comments but Sihoo didn't. He told her not to listened to them and a crushed developed quickly. She eventually worked up the courage to asked him out. To her amazement, he had said yes and they became high school sweethearts. 

 

There was so much support in their relationship that Yuri went on to worked out a healthier lifestyle. However, now, just a few weeks away from entering ChungAng University, Sihoo broke everything off. He was on his way to becoming a doctor and they had be thousands of miles away. Yuri had told him it wouldn't matter and that they could make the long distance worked but he said he couldn't do it. He needed to expand his horizons. He wanted to freaken see other people. 

 

Yuri cringed at the thought. 

 

"He was very lame." She agreed, with her best friend and took a shot of the rest of her drink. Giggling, she threw her head back, stretching out her arms as far as she could reached, "He was so, so, sooo lame. All we ever did was go see movies and he just sat there. You know, he barely even touched me. Of course, he did hold my hands once in a while and he likes to go off on these rants about chemistry and he was so smart, Taeyeon. I...Crap, I miss him Taeyeon!" She wailed, and Taeyeon took Yuri's cup to shakily refilled it. 

 

"Girl, you don't know wh...what you are saying anymore! He was such a dragged! You deserved so much more! I mean, looked at you, you are ing hot Yuri!" She scolded, gesturing to Yuri's s-line body. Yuri was very beautiful, it was true. Her mid-shoulder long light brown hair shined against her tanned complexion. Most of the time when they went out together, Yuri barely noticed when guys flirted with her because for one, she was infatuated with Sihoo and two, she spent so long with low self-esteem that the idea of other guys being remotely interested in her never crossed her mind, "Now, drink up, you dummy!" Taeyeon ordered, before getting up. Instantly, she got dizzy and headed towards the couch and crashed onto the comfy fabric. 

 

"No, I need to." Yuri struggled to get the words out, "I need to tell him I still love him!" She exclaimed, and clumsily dugged out her Samung Galaxy Note 2. Her long fingers wiggled around to find her message app. Her thick, straight eyebrows knitted together in determination to write out what she wanted. 

 

"No!" Taeyeon cried out, before running and grabbing Yuri's phone, "Friends don't let friends text drunkenly." She told her, and stuffed the phone into her pocket, "You will get this in the morning." 

 

Yuri huffed and crossed her arms, "You ." She muttered, under her breath. 

 

"I couldn't really care...Oh, god." Taeyeon stopped mid-sentence and ran to the bathroom with a pale small, oval-shaped face. The sounds of an emptying stomach echoed through the room and Yuri, too much in a drunkened state, stuck her tongue out. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for some kind of way to communicate to Sihoo. He needed to know she still want him. She could somehow convinced him. Maybe if she begged. 

 

Then, as if a miracle was granted, she saw Taeyeon's Samsung Galaxy S4 tucked in the crack of the couch. Checking around the cornered where the bathroom was, Yuri hastily got up and grabbed the phone. A grinned resurfaced on her oval-shaped face as the phone didn't required a password, "Sihoo. Sihoo." She whispered to herself, while skimming through her contacts. It wasn't in there. Groaning, she attempted to recalled his number from memory. With her dried nail polished covered index finger, she clicked on each number with confidence. Once she had a total of seven numbers, she was sure of herself. 

 

'Hey, I just wanted to let you know I still love you and you made a mistake. ILY. xoxoxo.' 

 

And send. Yuri watched as the blue bar loaded at the top of the message window. Completely satisfied with herself, she stared down at the phone, waiting. 

 

Suddenly, there was a ding after what felt like an eternity of silence. In reality, it was about three minutes. Yuri beamed as a message appeared. 

 

'Do you now? Why is that?' 

 

Her fingers struggled to find the right keys. 

 

'Because you love me and you know it. You are my everything. xoxoxo.' 

 

Quickly, she sent it and watched the three dots appeared, disappeared and reappeared. Her head began to feel heavy as she slipped down on the couch. Her hands held the screen over her face, wavering and threatening to let go. 

 

'Listened, I think you have the wrong number but why don't you get some sleep sweetheart. You can text me in the morning so I can have a clear conscious, whoever you are, that you are ok.' 

 

Her eyes squinted as her eyelids threatened to slammed shut. She questioned her ability to remember Sihoo's number and just as she attempted to reply, her fingers slipped and the phone landed on her forehead. Blackness hit her as she lost the energy to fight for consciousness. Her chest hurt and not because of the alcohol. Sihoo was her first real love and now, he didn't want her anymore. As she drifted into slumber, water gathered around her tear ducts. 

 

The next morning, Yuri blinked through swollen eyelids. The ceiling was practically moving as she stared straight up. Oh god, how much did she have to drink last night? She had hardly ever gotten drunk and drunk to her was a couple of glasses. The way her head pounded told her she had a lot more than five glasses. , she gathered up what little energy she had to sit up. 

 

Where the heck was Taeyeon? Her plump lips smacked together and thirsty was her next thought. However, the idea of getting anything down her stomach made her ill. That's right. Taeyeon was throwing up last night. Straightening herself up, she was about to go into the bathroom when she felt a phone on the couch. Assuming it was hers, she clicked it on. Her eyes widened at the time. She was going to be late for her mom's tea party. 

 

Slipping the phone into her pearl white Ralph Lauren petite coated straight jeans, she gathered her dusty blue Michael Kors Bridgette medium East West tote purse and keys. Ow, she shuddered. It felt like a thousand of hammers was trying to nail glass into her head. With haste, she found Taeyeon hugging the toliet, passed out, "Taeyeon, wake up! I have to go!" Yuri whispered loudly, as to not causes herself or her friend anymore pain than needed. Taeyeon, rolled her shoulders with a sore groaned. 

 

"Ok, go." She mumbled, with tiredness, "I'm fine. I will...um, you know, called you later." Her voice said hoarsly, and Yuri left her friend who was manging to get up and probably heading towards her bedroom. 

 

Yuri wasted no time to hopped into her black BMW Z4 and drove off. She still needed to slipped into her black SL fashion lace ruched a-line dress. Every fiber of her being was praying that her mom was running late. Fortunately, Taeyeon was a short distance from her house and she made it back with good time. Just as she was unbuckling herself, she heard what she thought was her phone ringing. Probably Taeyeon. Well, maybe not. In fact, Taeyeon probably wouldn't called until 2pm. 

 

'Strange.' She thought, before slipping her thumb acrossed the unlocked button. Wait, was this even her phone? Why was Kyuhyun her background wallpaper? Oh, crap! This was Taeyeon's phone which meant Taeyeon had Yuri's phone. Memories rushed through her pounding head. Clicking through to Taeyeon's messages, she saw an unnamed contact. 

 

'This is probably ing stalkerish but I have to asked if you are alright.' 

 

Yuri scrolled through the messages, recognizing her attempts to contact Sihoo. How stupid could she have been?! A part of her was thankful for texting the wrong number. Another part felt embarrassment rolled down her spine until her cheeks were radiating shades of pink. 

 

'I'm so sorry for last night. I'm fine, thanks for asking. I really don't do this sort of thing. I'm sorry again.' 

 

Her fingers quickly tapped each key before heading inside to change. What was wrong with her? How could she have let herself gotten that crazy? Sihoo left her and she had to learned to be ok with that. Even though it ached and weighted heavily on her chest, she would have to get over whatever she felt for him. 

 

Taeyeon's phone rang ding again, indicating a new text message had arrived. She glanced down at her pocket. Was that the guy again? Doesn't matter. Her mind was set on getting ready for this tea party which she was dreading immensely. It wasn't like she didn't love her mom but this whole tea thing and being elegant wasn't her idea of a good time. Ok, that wasn't the exact reason she detested going to this. Her mom was good friends with the father of her enemy. As odd as that sounds, she couldn't think of a better way to describe her relationship with Kim Jaejoong. 

 

He was infuriating. The worst part was that he was a part of that little rough time she went through during high school. Yeah, he was the worst offender. Mostly because she thought for one second he had stick up for her. When all those guys were absolutely horrible to her, she thought he had say something. After all, she had known him since they were children. These little tea get togethers were always a thing even as kids. Jaejoong and her had got along as kids but something changed once high school hit. He had gone to an all boys private school during junior high and when she saw him in high school, he didn't hesitate to make fun of her. With all of that history, however, she didn't want to argued with her mom and she knew it made her happy to be there. 

 

Slipping on her dress, the phone rang again, as it usually does whenever you don't looked at a text right away. She had thrown her pants on her bed so she stepped over to and unraveled the phone from her jean pocket. 

 

'It's all good. Who hasn't texted drunkenly before? But are you ok? It seem like you had something to say to whoever you tried to text.' 

 

Her lips pressed together at the text. Why was she trying to hold a smile back? The phone suddenly blew up again, and she was actually smiling, grinning. 

 

'Sorry, that was probably creepy since I'm some random dude you don't know.' 

 

'No, you are fine. It was just a dumbed text to an ex-boyfriend.'

 

Her fingers hovered over the send button. Then, because she felt out of her mind, she hit send. A part of her wanted to wait to see what he had reply with but she also needed to be on the road like right now. 

 

Jaejoong stared down at his Samsung Galaxy S3 as a text popped up. It was weird. Last night, as he was leaving some girls house he had hooked up with after a party, he had gotten a drunken text. Now, this wouldn't be unusual if he gave his number out to girls he hooked up with but he didn't. He swore he had never go down that road. No, his phone was full of only the people he deemed as decent. 

 

However, when he received a drunken text from a girl which he assumed was a girl due to the amount of hugged and kisses symbols, he was curious. He also wasn't the type of guy who didn't have any heart. If a girl was drunk texting as badly as she was, he wanted to make sure she was ok. Was this something he had admit to anyone? No. Of course ing not! He just...He didn't know what he was doing when he texted her back and continued to text her. 

 

"Please tell me you aren't smiling because of this tea party dad is making us attend." His brother, Kim Youngkwang asked, while pulling the car into a parking space in front of an older building. 

 

" off!" Jaejoong replied, and clicked his screen off before hopping out of the passenger seat, "I'm just ready to get this over with." He muttered to his brother. Youngkwang stayed behind in the car, organizing a few papers for worked. He was always working. This wasn't something out of the norm. If his brother had a couple of extra minutes, which they did, he spent it on his laptop to send out important emails for his company. 

 

So, Jaejoong just headed inside while he conjured up what he would say next to this mysterious drunk text girl, 'An ex-boyfriend, huh? Sending that kind of text to one is rough.' He thought to himself. Whipping out his phone, his long fingers sped acrossed the keys. 

 

'Ouch. I'm assuming it was a rough breakup then? You still have feelings for him?' 

 

He hit the send button before he could think about it. What the was he doing?! He didn't usually care about this kind of thing. It was probably just something to do. Something that was keeping his mind off of bigger things. Slipping his phone into his pocket, he found a mirror in the hallway towards the dining area. He knew he was a handsome guy. His short blonde hair gathered around his broad shoulders and framed his defined jawline. What made him stand out most though was his dark brown eyes. There was no reason for him not to be confident about himself so he was...Ok, he was more than confident. He was smug. 

 

"I see you are still into yourself as always." A small voice crept into his ears. His eyes rolled back into his head. Yuri. This girl just never gave up. She was a fire cracker and didn't give up a chance to ridicule him. Their history was long and full of blurry lines. He just fired back whatever she threw at him. 

 

"If it isn't my favorite ." He sarcastically smirked. His eyes gathered her sight. She wasn't hard to looked at at all. He wasn't a complete idiot. If she wasn't so difficult, he had fit his hands around her slim waist and bring her to bed without hesitation but again, she was difficult and he wasn't about to spend that kind of time on some girl. Plus, like he said before, their history was full of blurry lines. 

 

"You know what, you can go..." She cut herself off, as her phone buzzed. Without hesitation, she pulled it out. He rolled his eyes again, and went to fixed his black Michael Kors big logo tie. However, he couldn't resists a glance at her. What the hell was she smiling so delicately about?! 

 

"Careful, you slouch too much and I can see everything, ." Jaejoong intrudes, and Yuri flinched upwards, cheeks flaming. 

 

"You cannot!" She spat at him, and then eyed him more seriously, "Can you?!" She furiously asked. 

 

Laughter erupted from Jaejoong, "No, darling, I can't because there's really nothing to see." And with that, he made an escape to the dining hall, leaving a thoroughly embarrassed Yuri behind.