One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 17: Epilogue 

 

'It doesn't fit.

 

'What do you mean it doesn't fit?

 

'I mean that it doesn't fit and I need your helped, Jaejoong Oppa.

 

'I'm kind of busy here, darling.

 

'Please?

 

'Only because it's you ;) Where are you?

 

Yuri was about to text Jaejoong where she was when she heard a knocked on the door to the bathroom she was hiding in. 

 

"Yuri? Is everything alright? You and the girls are supposed to be getting ready to walked downstairs." Sooyoung's voice echoed through the door. 

 

"Oh yeah, totally fine. I'm just going to need a minute." Yuri said, trying her best to sound sure of herself even though she was on the verged of ruining Sooyoung and Youngkwang's wedding day. A soft yet nervous laughed echoed through the door. 

 

"You had think it was your wedding day, Yuri." 

 

Yuri used all of her will power to laughed in response before Sooyoung explained she's doing a few last minute beauty preparation. Ok, that bought her a few more minutes to try and get into this freaking blushing pink Azazie Iman bridesmaid's dressed. 

 

During winter break, Youngkwang popped the questioned to Sooyoung. She wanted a spring wedding and all he care about was whether or not she was happy. So, here Yuri was, a bridesmaid, struggling to fit into the dressed Sooyoung picked out for her. 

 

"Hey." A familiar voice whispered, through the opened window. Yuri jerked up from the floor she sat on. Her heart fluttered at the sight of him. Oh yeah, did she forget to mentioned that Jaejoong and her were kind of really together now? That's one of the reasons she's in the wedding. Sooyoung insisted the moment she found out Yuri and Jaejoong made it official to their families during Christmas. 

 

"How did you know where I was?!" She hissed, struggling to hold up the fabric of the dressed against her chest. Jaejoong grinned, pushing himself onto the edge of the window, "You know I can tell when you are a nervous wreck, right?" 

 

"I'm not a nervous wreck and stopped being an ." 

 

Jaejoong glared at her and hopped inside the bathroom until he was near her. She was absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to him but she's also one of the most difficult people he's ever known. 

 

"I will when you stopped being such a ." He told her, which was a mistake because as her nose flared, her hand raised to hit shoulder, "Jesus woman, you." His eyes fell because the hand she used to hit him was the hand she was using to hold her dressed up. 

 

Moments of silence and realization passed by as Yuri's face grew red. dropped opened to screamed but Jaejoong had already raises his hand to covered . His other hand reached out to pulled the dressed up for her, "Shhh, I'm not even supposed to be here, darling." 

 

Yuri made a soft whined of embarrassment. They have been dating for a few months, sure, but she was still easily embarrassed. After Jaejoong came and apologized for everything, she still needed time, too. The two didn't start dating instantaneously. It was slow and more time was spent actually talking than before. There were so many years missing from their relationship. 

 

Nodding, Yuri narrowed her eyes on Jaejoong's hand, calming down. She mumbled into his hand and he smiled before dropping it, "I can't get into my dressed." Yuri whispered, very seriously. 

 

He arched his brow at her, "You know that a boyfriend's job is more about the opposite, right?" 

 

"Did you know that if you don't helped me then you aren't going to be a boyfriend anymore." 

 

"Is that a threat?" 

 

"Oppa." 

 

He laughed, nodding "Fine, fine, let me see the zipper." 

 

Slowly, Yuri turned around for him, holding the dressed up on her own, "I called Taeyeon but she wouldn't picked up and then I couldn't tell Sooyoung that this was happening when she has so much to worry about, you know?" Jaejoong leaned into her, nose pressed against the back of her hair. He tried to focused on the zipper issued but it's so god damn hard when Yuri smells so ing amazing, "Trust me. She's been with my brother for years now. She's the least bit worried about this wedding." 

 

His ability to have a coherent conversation with her so closed amazed him. He almost wished that this zipper never got zipped up so he could keep this feeling of her against his hand. 

 

"I guess you are right. It's just embarrassing, too. I have worked so hard and it just gets discouraging when things don't fit and..." 

 

The sound of the zipper rolling up along her back until it hit the end of the dressed interrupted Yuri's speech. Her eyes widened as she gasps. She whipped around, nearly hitting Jaejoong in the processed. Instead of hitting him, she throws her arms around him. 

 

"Oh my god, you got it. I loved you." 

 

Jaejoong laughed as she hugged him, ready to embraced her when he heard those three little words he's never heard from her before. Both of their movements were suddenly cautious, almost foreign. Each unsure of how to respond. 

 

"Um...yeah, thank you. You can go now." Yuri slowly removed herself from him, staring at the tile floor. 

 

"The zipper was just, uh...caught but what did you just..." 

 

"Right, thanks. You should really go. Your brother is probably wondering where you are." 

 

"No way. What were you saying before?" 

 

"Drop it, Oppa." 

 

"No, tell me." He said, as he took a stepped towards her. 

 

"I didn't say anything." 

 

He gently but firmly grasps her by the waist. 

 

"Yul, come on." Jaejoong said, drawing her to him. Sometimes, he just wished she would let him in completely but he watches her shut him out a lot which is aggravating and yet, at the same time, he understand why she's got this wall of trusts build up around her. When he was just serial killer, Yuri wasn't fearful of sharing anything. She let herself trusts him completely even though he was a total stranger. 

 

"You know, you smell very good today." Yuri told him, glancing up at him, giving him a once over. Her fingers grazed over his black peak lapel tux, "I think you should wear a tux more often." 

 

Jaejoong eye her, contemplating whether or not to point out she was ignoring his questioned. He will let it slipped for now, "I was thinking the same thing." 

 

"What? That you looked good in a tux? That's a little overly confident, don't you think?" 

 

"No, I mean, yes I know I looked good but." He leaned in, pressing his nose into her neck freely, "You smell so ing good." 

 

"Oppa." Yuri said breathlessly, before she felt him nipped her neck lightly. 

 

"Hm?" 

 

"You are going to leave a marked again." 

 

"Good then." 

 

Suddenly, the door opened and they jerked away from one another, both blushing. Sooyoung stood at the doorway, dressed in her ball-gown v-neck court train satin lace wedding dressed with ruffle and one-tier lace applique edge cathedral bridal veils with applique. She wore a looked of worry on her round face. Then she bursts into giggles. 

 

"Oh my goodness. Did you two want to get married today?" Her thick brows perk up at the two of them. Yuri was staring at the ground ashamed while Jaejoong bashfully had his hand on his neck, looking anywhere but at Sooyoung or Yuri. 

 

"I'm gonna, uh...go." Jaejoong glide pasts Yuri and Sooyoung, hurrying out of the door. He sneak a glanced at Yuri who appeared to be embarrassed if not more about all this. 

 

When the door closed, Sooyoung had her hands on her hips, waiting for a responses from Yuri. 

 

She clasps her hands together, smiling innocently, "So, we have got a wedding to go to. I'm ready whenever you are." She hustles herself into some I. Miller Reza pumps, trying to escaped from this encountered as quickly as she could. 

 

Sooyoung just rolled her eyes, "You two moved slower than Youngkwang Oppa and I and he's so much more harder to deal with." 

 

"Don't know what you are talking about!" Yuri called over her shoulder, as she walked out of the bathroom to joined the other bridesmaids. 

 

The wedding was beautiful. It really was and Yuri only cried a little. Ok, that's a lied. She cried a whole lot. She couldn't helped it. Sooyoung looked so incredibly happy and Youngkwang...Well, he actually smiled. That rarely ever happened. Sure, it was only for a brief second but she caught it and when she did, she looked over at Jaejoong who was on the other sides with the groomsmen. 

 

Apparently, he caught it too, because his face was all sorts of disgusts. Yuri laughed at that. Jaejoong caught her too, and that face of disgusts turned into grinned. When she saw that, she adverted her gazed to the ground. 

 

Part of Yuri wondered if she and him would ever get this far. To be as happy as Sooyoung and Youngkwang. It was a scary thought. Jaejoong made her happy. He did everything right ever since that night he came over to apologized. Of course, they bickered sometimes. That never went away but Yuri didn't want someone who agreed with her on everything. How boring would that be? 

 

"Ladies and gentleman, please give an applaused for the brand new couple as they have their first dance as husband and wife!" The announcer said into the mic, as soft music began to played. Sooyoung and Youngkwang stepped out onto the dance floor and began to swayed together, both of them looking gorgeous. 

 

"Don't they just looked perfect together?" Yuri asked gleamingly, sitting by one of the reception tables next to Jaejoong. When she didn't get any reply, she turned to see Jaejoong slurping on his soup. 

 

Rolling her eyes, Yuri nudged him with her elbow. 

 

"Hey, watched it, you !" He spat at her, and Yuri's eyes widened, fury fueled behind them. 

 

"What did you just called me, ?!" 

 

Jaejoong cowered and moved back in his seat, "No, I mean, I didn't..." 

 

"Whatever! Just eat your soup!" She scoffed, turning away to crossed her arms and watched the married couple finished their dance. 

 

As Sooyoung broke away from her husband and the rest of the crowd joined in, Taeyeon and Kyuhyun appeared on the dance floor. Yuri turned to Jaejoong but he was gone. Really? Yuri shrugged, clearly disappointed. 

 

She sighed and watched Taeyeon giggled with Sooyoung. Sooyoung was nodding at something when she suddenly ran up to the announcer to used the microphone. He nodded for her to go ahead. 

 

"Thank you all for coming! First of all!" Sooyoung said, beaming as she held up her bouquet. People cheer and raised their glasses, "Right now, I want to throw the bouquet so all you girls get over here!" 

 

Yuri still sat, arms crossed. Sooyoung made eye contact with her and repeated, "ALL the girls. Please and thank you." 

 

"Come on Yuri!" Taeyeon shouted. Slowly, Yuri got up and headed over with the other bridesmaids and females guests. 

 

"Ok, when I count to three, get ready." Sooyoung explained, and turned around. 

 

The girls giggled while Yuri stood there a little awkwardly. How come he just left liked that? What the hell was that? Their first wedding date together and he just left. This is his brother's wedding no less and she sort of thought it was a big deal to be a part of it. 

 

"One." 

 

Where was he? 

 

"Two" 

 

She was going to killed him when she finds him. 

 

"Three." 

 

Why would he...? Suddenly, the bouquet smacked into Yuri's chest. She instinctively reached her arms out to not get hit but the flowers landed in between her arms. When all the girls turned around, they all squealed from excitement. 

 

"Congrats, Yuri." Taeyeon smiled brightly, shaking her friend by the shoulders. 

 

"Uh, yeah, thanks." Yuri said, as she stared down at the flowers. She wasn't even trying for them. Suddenly, there was a tapped on her shoulder and when she turned around, Jaejoong was standing there with his hands behind his back. 

 

"Yuri." He said. Taeyeon's mouth dropped opened when she saw what was behind his back. 

 

"Oh my god!" Taeyeon gasps. A couple of other girls gasped along. Before Yuri or Jaejoong can comprehend what was happening, a crowd had already formed around them. 

 

Jaejoong took a stepped back, clearly uncomfortable, "What?" He asked, liked everyone has gone completely mad. His arms, that has been behind him, came out to protect himself from the sudden audience. 

 

Yuri saw the box in his hand and her eyes widened as it went back and forth between the bouquet and box. dropped opened as she dropped the flowers onto the ground. No. This wasn't happening. 

 

Was Jaejoong proposing to her? 

 

Her fingers fidgeted at her sides as he stepped towards her. 

 

"Wait, what are you doing?" She asked, her heart beating so quickly she was on the verge of passing out. She wasn't ready for this. How was he ready for this? "No, no, no." She said, shaking her head and arms. 

 

"Ok, what are you saying no to?" Jaejoong asked, turning towards the crowd, "What the hell is going on?" 

 

"Oh my goodness, we are all going to be a family!" Sooyoung shouted over the crowd, and pulled Youngkwang by his hand, patting his chest gently. A looked of distain appeared on his face. 

 

"Wait, what?" Jaejoong said, dumbstruck by her comment and then everything clicked as he looked down at the small box in his hand and everyone's wistful expression. He ran his hand through his hair and mumbled, "Ah, geez. This isn't what it looks liked." He glances at Yuri who was pale and confused. 

 

Rolling his eyes, he opened up the box and took out sterling silver necklace, "It's just a gift so would you all get out of my space?" He told everyone, clearly upset that he couldn't just have a moment with his girlfriend alone. 

 

Looks of disappointment travel in waves as the crowd began to dispersed. The band began to played again, as Sooyoung told them to continued. Everyone left, leaving Yuri alone. 

 

Jaejoong sighed and stepped over before picking up the flowers and handing them back to Yuri, "I'm sorry. I just wanted to stepped out and get this for you." 

 

She shook her head, eyes dropping to the necklace between his fingers. Taking the bouquet back into her arms, she said, "No, but just to be clear, you are not proposing to me, right?" 

 

Jaejoong smirked a little, "No, darling, not today but..." 

 

Yuri hit him with the flowers lightly, "Hey, that's not funny, O..." She didn't get a chance to finished as Jaejoong swoop in and took her glossy light pink color lips into his. As much as she wanted to fight considering they are in public, she couldn't helped it but smiled against him. As he pulled away, she asked, "Ok, what's with the necklace?" "Right." He replied, seeming a little giddy himself, "I had planned to give this to you later but you weren't in a good mood earlier so I thought I might as well do it now." 

 

"I was in a good mood. You were the one..." 

 

"Would you quit arguing with me for one minute, darling or I'm going to put you over my shoulder and carry you off until you can let me be nice to you." 

 

Rolling her eyes, she said, "Fine." 

 

Victoriously, Jaejoong displayed the necklace in his hands until it's face the correct way. A silver phone was elegantly designed along the chain, "I know my decision to not tell you who I was wasn't the greatest but I know that the night I got that stupid drunk text from you, my life took a new direction. It directed me back to you. I'm so thankful for it too, because all those years without you were hell. So, um." Jaejoong glanced away, a small blushed appearing on his cheeks, "Yeah. I can, um...I can put it on you if you want or in the box..." 

 

"Put it on me." Yuri quickly said, trying to blinked away the wetness in her eyes. 

 

He laughed as she turned around. He straightened out the necklace, pulling it gently around her neck. She quickly turned back around to wrapped her arms around his neck. 

 

"So you liked it?" 

 

"I loved it." 

 

Jaejoong raises his brows at her, pulling her to him. As the band started playing, he slowly swayed their bodies together. 

 

"Speaking of things you loved." Jaejoong said, holding her with more sturdiness against him as she laid her head on his chest. 

 

Yuri was content against him for those few moments until his words hit her hard, "That was just a figured of speech before." She told him, accidentally stepping on his feet, "I'm sorry." She quickly said, making him pulled her up until the tips of her shoes were over his. 

 

"It's ok." 

 

"Oppa?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

She bury her face into his chest, feeling the silk against her face, "I loved you." She mumbled quietly, but he caught it. However, it wasn't enough and he knows that she knows that, too. 

 

"Again. Please." 

 

Yuri raises her head until her eyes met his, "I loved you." 

 

A drunken text message may have been sent to the wrong person but in the end, it also gave her loved and happiness from the one person she thought she would hate forever. Kim Jaejoong. 

 


 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading 'One Drunken Text Message'.

I'm so grateful for all the support I was given throughout the story. It pushed me to keep writing.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope I entertained some of you if only for a little while.

Thank you again and I wished you all a Happy New year. 

 

- Butt3rflyl0v3r