One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 13 

 

Jaejoong walked down the hallway of Yuri's dorm building. People stared. He was still very much shirtless but did he give two damn's? Hell no. He was on top of the world and a new found energy was bursting through his body. It took major self-controlled not to run all the way home. 

 

'Just wait until Kyuhyun hears about this.' Now, all he had to do was figured out a way to see Yuri again. All smiles, he dugged his hands into his pockets to grabbed his keys. His eyes opened wide. Oh, . 

 

His phone. 

 

Serial killer's phone. 

 

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. Jaejoong raced back to Yuri's dorm. The pavement nearly cracked beneath his grey adidas NEO daily sneaker. His heart was racing. If Yuri saw that phone, it had be over. God, he didn't want any of this to be over. Nearly crashing into bodies on his way up the stairs, people muttered words of distaste. 

 

His breath was rapid as he bang on Yuri's door. 

 

'Please? Don't text my alter ego yet.'

 

The door turned and cracked opened. 

 

"Jaejoong Oppa? I told you to go and I really meant it, too." 

 

Jaejoong's eyes were frantic as he nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. He wanted to fall onto the floor, relieved. Yuri hadn't found it yet. 

 

"I forgot my phone and I." He paused, when he saw her still holding onto his shirt. She wasn't wearing the dress anymore either. She had covered herself in a pair of black capris and gray turtle neck top and she was still holding onto his shirt. . If he wasn't worried about his phone, he wouldn't let her live that down. 

 

As if Yuri came to the same realization, she swung her hands behind her back, "Uh, yeah, go ahead and looked for it." 

 

Jaejoong stepped inside and found the phone fairly quickly on the rugged by her bed. Kyuhyun had text him but the phone was on silent. Thank god. No texts from Yuri to serial killer either. 

 

Maybe it was time he told her. Maybe he needed to say something. If he felt this terrible about her finding out now, what would it be like later? The longer he kept this charade going, the more it would hurt if she found out. He knew that. 

 

"Are you good now?" Yuri asked. 

 

"Actually no, Yuri, I." He paused, and when he glanced up to Yuri, she wore a face of worry. Damn, could he just ripped this bandage off? What if he let serial killer go? Their text relationship could just died. The real life Jaejoong could make her forget about the virtual one. 

 

"Oppa?" 

 

"I think we should go on a date." Yeah, Jaejoong wasn't sure where that came from. By the looks of it, Yuri didn't expect it either. 

 

Yuri stepped back and dropped his shirt onto the floor, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you saying? I, um...don't you think that we should at least..." 

 

"Like a real one where I picked you up and you actually want to go and we actually make an effort to know each other. We have fun and by the end the of the night, you might let me kissed you again, but only if you had a good time." 

 

Yuri was a little breathless as he spoke to her. 

 

"Go on a date with me, Yuri." 

 

"Will you wear a shirt if I say yes?" 

 

Jaejoong grinned as he said, "Only if you want me to." 

 

"Then yes, I will go on a date with you." 

 

It's been five days since the party where just about everything happened. You know, getting drunk, Jaejoong in Yuri's bed, Jaejoong kissing her, Jaejoong kissing her again, Jaejoong shirtless, Jaejoong asking Yuri on a date and Yuri saying yes. Jaejoong shirtless. Again. 

 

It's also been five days of Vivian ignoring every text of apology Yuri sent her. As much as she didn't get along well with Vivian, Yuri did feel guilty for just leaving her at the party. Yuri was drunk but that was no excuses. It wasn't like this was the first time Vivian had been this upset so Yuri knew that this wouldn't last forever. 

 

"So." Taeyeon's voice broke Yuri's thoughts of guilt. The two of them were at the gym, jogging side by side on the treadmills. 

 

"So?" Yuri asked, as Taeyeon clearly had something on her mind. 

 

"Now that you are dating Jae..." 

 

"We haven't started...I mean, we aren't dating. We just...We are going on one date. Just one date." 

 

"Right. So my questioned is, are you are going to stopped flirting with that text guy? What do you called him? Murderer? Stalker?" 

 

"It's serial killer." Yuri corrected Taeyeon, as if the actual nickname made anything better, "And I don't flirt with him." 

 

Taeyeon bursts out laughing as she slow down and increased the inclined, "Wow. Yuri, even you can't be that oblivious. What are planning to do? Just keep texting this guy and date Jaejoong Oppa?" 

 

Yuri speed up. What was Taeyeon trying to do right now? Did she just want to argued? Yuri didn't want to talked about this. Serial killer hadn't even text her back in days, "We aren't dating. I can text a friend whenever I want to." "I get it. You can do that, Yuri, but I just don't want anyone to get hurt." 

 

"Who's going to get hurt?" 

 

"You know what, never mind." 

 

"No Taeyeon, what are you talking about?" 

 

Taeyeon was breathing hard as Yuri questioned her. The girl knew more than she wanted to right now. 

 

"You should stopped texting him." 

 

Yuri braced herself as she put her feet on the sides of the treadmill before hitting stopped, "I don't know why you are so invested in this relationship but I will do what I want." Besides, he hasn't even text her back. Yuri didn't add that part. She knew he had come back. He disappeared sometimes but when he comes back, he always gave her clarity. He distracted her from her problems. What was wrong with that? 

 

"I'm going to go." Yuri said, and jumped off the machine. 

 

"Yuri, wait, I..." 

 

"It's fine. I will see you later." With that, Yuri headed for the door. It was still early morning so the sun was just barely peeking out. As Yuri got outside, the wind sent chills indicating that fall was at its peak. A few orange leaves hit her legs. She reached to zipped up her gray orange jacket. She took her phone out and was met with more disappointment. Still nothing. Maybe he was busy with finals. Sighing, she tried not to think about it too much, "Yuri?" 

 

The voice struck Yuri, sending uncomfortable chills down her spine. Her whole body stiffened. He hadn't shown up to class for several weeks. She assumed he dropped out. She thought she was safe again. 

 

"Soohyuk-ssi." 

 

"Yeah, hi, I..." 

 

Yuri, ready to bolt, began to stepped away, back in the direction of the gym. Soohyuk was swift though as he grasped onto her arm. 

 

"If you don't let me go, Soohyuk-ssi, I swear I will..." 

 

"Please Yuri, I promise I'm not trying to hurt you. I just need a minute." He appeared desperate but every voice inside Yuri told her to run and run fast. If she screamed loud enough, someone from the gym would hear her. She was ready to do so when Soohyuk spoke again, "It's about Jaejoong." 

 

Yuri felt a sharp pained in her chest. What could he possibly have to say about Jaejoong? Pressing her lips together, she ignored her instincts and pulled her arm away and said, "You have one minute. What is it?" 

 

"You have to stopped seeing him." 

 

Yuri scoffed and rolled her eyes, "I don't know what you are on right now but you have got to get some helped." "No Yuri, you don't understand. Do you remembered Sihoo and how he broke everything off and the car accident?" 

 

"Wait, how in the hell do you know about Sihoo? You never met me until this year." Feeling dizzy, she stepped back to steady her balance. She really needed to get out of here, "What does that have to do with Jaejoong? Oh god, get the hell away from me." 

 

"I understand that this is a lot to take in but I don't want to see you get hurt." 

 

"You tried to hurt me." 

 

"I know I did but I was a coward and now, I'm trying really hard to make this right. You have to get away from Jaejoong." Soohyuk looked behind him like he was expecting of something or someone, "I have to go but please listened to me. I know you don't have any good reason to. You have to though." 

 

Just then, footsteps came around the cornered and when Yuri turned around, she saw Jaejoong in his gym clothes, running towards her. His arm came around her which was warm. Yuri swiveled her gazed back to Soohyuk but he wasn't there anymore. 

 

"What are you doing just standing out here alone? You are usually killing it in there." He asked, toothy grinned and all. Her body felt like ice. Jaejoong didn't see him. Soohyuk was here and he told her to stayed away from Jaejoong. Why? She couldn't figured that out. Then there was the Sihoo thing which gave her the creeps on every inched of her body. 

 

"Whoa. Are you alright? You looked like you are either really constipated or you are going to throw up." 

 

Yuri couldn't tell him what happened. The last thing she needed was for him to go on a rampage to find Soohyuk and killed him. So, she in a breath and made a weak attempt at playfully elbowing him in the stomach, "Funny." 

 

Jaejoong smiled lightly but he still seem suspicious. Yuri never held back when she found his comments or questions to be crude, "Do you need a ride home or something? You really don't looked good." 

 

"Wow, you know how to talked to a lady, don't you?" 

 

"Wait, no, that's not what I meant. I meant, uh...you know." He stumbled over his words, making Yuri smiled but not all the way. 

 

"I'm kidding, you dummy." 

 

"Who are you calling a dummy, huh?" Jaejoong retorted, by reaching around her to tickle her sides. Yuri squealed, trying to get away from him when he picked her up and made her face him. 

 

Yuri glanced away, "It was just a rough workout so I'm a little exhausted." 

 

Jaejoong nodded, choosing not to poke at whatever was getting to her right now, "Are you too exhausted to let me tell you about our date?" 

 

Yuri raised her head at his questioned. It was like she hadn't been completely aware of how his hands held her up by the waist. His strong fingers were swirling between the fabric of her jacket, clutching her gently. Ok, this was better than focusing on Soohyuk. This was a lot better than everything else that had happened this morning, "Mm, ok, but I hope you know I'm expecting something high-class. You know, black tie, violinist playing, a proposal of your undying loved for me, that kind of stuff." 

 

Jaejoong smirked, "Don't test me or that's really what you will be getting, darling." 

 

"Ok, tell me what we are doing." 

 

Jaejoong's eyes rolled back to the side to think about it. He his lips before speaking, "On second thought, I think I will keep it a surprised." 

 

"Wait, what? Hold on a minute, you just said." Yuri began to protests, and hit his chest with her fists. This made him put her down. She was still hitting his chest when he gripped onto her hands, forcing them opened. He intertwined their fingers. 

 

"Oppa." Yuri breathed, 'Stayed away from Jaejoong. I don't want you to get hurt.' Soohyuk's voice echoed in her mind, 'Why would he say that? Why was he back here? He disappeared for a while and then boom, he's back.' "You make me really happy, you know that?" Jaejoong's voice was soft, unintimidating, rarely sweet and yet, Yuri could only picture Soohyuk's warning, "Yuri, is everything ok?" 

 

"What?" Yuri's shoulders flinched up, "Oh, um...yes, I have to go. I have got a test today and my book is in my dorm and I really have to go." She was unwinding their fingers and stepping away before Jaejoong had a chance to say anything, "I will text you later ok?" 

 

Jaejoong scratched his head as he nodded, a little dumbfounded, "Uh, ok." Yuri tried not to sprint away. Worries consumed her. There was only one person she could talked to, the only person who could make everything ok. She was sure of it. He had talked her through it. 

 

'Please answered me? I need your helped. You are the only one I know I can talked to. Do you know a guy named Soohyuk?'

 

A few blocks away, walking into the gym, Jaejoong heard his serial killer phone vibrate. He had ignored it all week, hoping to fade away but when he read Yuri's text, he didn't hesitate. He answered, 'What do you need me to do?'