One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 2 

 

The tea dragged on and on. All Yuri wanted to do was reply to her stranger which was weird, right? For all she knew, this guy could be a complete freak. A total psycho. Or he could be exactly what she needed which was a distraction. The past few days had been roughed for her and right now, in the middle of the usual tea get together her mom organized every few months, she desperately needed a distraction. At this age, tea get together's were becoming awkward. Her, Jaejoong and even Youngkwang had grown up. For goodness sake, Youngkwang had a gigantic CEO job and she was about to go into college. The only people who probably saw this event as remotely interesting was her younger brother, Hyukjun, her mother and Jaejoong's dad. 

 

This entire relationship began because both parents had lost their spouses. A support group had been developed in the community which really sounded like a mingling singles group to Yuri. Nonetheless, they happened to clicked as good friends. At least, Yuri was hopeful that that's all they had ever be. Trying to fathom a world where her and Jaejoong's dad got together was impossible. Besides, if the two single parents had stayed friends this long, there was no way they had get together all of a sudden, right? 

 

"Oh, so Jaejoong, congratulations on getting accepted into ChungAng University! I'm sure Yuri's already told you she will be going there, too!" Yuri's mother exclaimed, with enthusiasm, 'What?' Yuri thought, her sandwich dropping into her lap mid-bite. 

 

Jaejoong covered his mouth with his hand to keep from snickering hysterically. Containing himself, he turned to Ms. Kwon, "Yeah, we talked about it and she's super excited." He replied, while leaning back into his chair. He glanced her way while Yuri glared at him. There was no way in hell she was going to school with this doofess! After surviving four years of high school with him, how could she survived five year at college? Was it too late to transferred? Oh god, "You got a little something on your dress, darling." Jaejoong leaned over to whispered to Yuri. Infuriated, she picked off a few crumbs and turned her gazed away from him. 

 

She couldn't even looked at that idiot, "Thanks." She mumbled sarcastically. Could things get any worses for her? As if losing Sihoo wasn't enough, this bombshell had to dropped on her today, "Excuse me." She announced to the group, "I have to uses the lady's room." Her body fumbled to get up and she quickly made her way to the bathroom. Taking a deep breath, she swung her head back in front of the bathroom mirror, "Don't cry, you idiot!" She ordered herself. Her eyes wouldn't listened though and tears sprung over her cheeks. 

 

Suddenly, her phone buzzed in her black Michael Kors Savannah small satchel purse...Well, Taeyeon's phone buzzed. Wiping away the moisture in her eyes, she tapped on the phone to find a message from herself. Taeyeon must have realized they switched phones by now. 

 

'Hey girl. I have your phone which means you probably have mine so let's meet up later to exchange ok? Love you. xoxoxo.' 

 

Yuri quickly replied an 'Ok'. Her nose sniffled. This was all just too much. Her thumb hovered over the screen and spotted her stranger's text. Rough breakup wasn't the half of it anymore. 

 

'Yeah, a little bit. By the texts I sent you last night, yeah I had say I do. Wish I didn't though.' 

 

Again, she questioned whether this was ok. Maybe it was. She didn't know who it was so it shouldn't matter at all. It's like anonymous therapy. This should be ok. 

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong sat back in the dining room. He honestly had no idea Yuri would be attending the same college as him. To be honest, he was just as unpleased as Yuri. The girl hated his guts and he knew this very well. What kind of guy wanted to be in that sort of environment everyday? He certainly didn't. However, he wasn't about to miss the chance to picked on her. She got so easily flustered with herself. To him, she had always been an easy target. When she ran off into the bathroom though, he felt a dipped of guilt settling in his stomach. Whatever. She was crazy. 

 

His dad began talking about business with Yuri's mom. Hyukjun was busy stuffing his oval-shaped face with cupcakes and Youngkwang finally seemed interested in a conversation once it turned into business. How many more of these tea parties did he have to attend? Glancing around, he looked for something to entertained himself when he felt his phone buzzed in his pocket. , was it drunk girl?! Deciding that everyone else was distracted enough, he pulled out his phone to find a text. He grinned ever so slightly. Yeah, he had say she had feelings still, too. No girls who sent that didn't still have feelings. 

 

'Screw him then. There's no point in wasting your feelings on a guy who won't returned them. Take it from an actual guy who's screwed over a girl before.'

 

His fingers hovered. Should he really be telling her these kind of things? Ah, it! He clicked send and relaxed. Surprisingly, his phone buzzed almost instantly. 

 

'Why did you screw her over?' 

 

His eyes scanned the screen and the question had his stomach dropping. That was the first time he had had someone asked him that. He stopped giving a damn about a lot of girls a long time ago! So technically, he's screwed over a lot more than just one girl, however, one in particular, he did the worsts to. One girl particularity hated his guts. He could delete and blocked drunk girls number right now if he wanted and he could ignored his past like he always did. 

 

'Because I was an . So,take it from me, sweetheart. You should get over this guy because he probably won't change his mind.'

 

He didn't want to delete her, not yet. Something in the back of his mind told him he needed this. This girl could be his therapy. 

 

'I don't think you are an .'

 

He laughed dryly which causes the table to turned towards him. Slipping his phone into his pocket, his dad gave him a meaningful scolding stare. 

 

"Jae, no phones at the table." 

 

"Yes, sir." Jaejoong mumbled begrudgingly. Everyone turned back to their conversation and Yuri finally returned to the table. Jaejoong glanced her way. It took five seconds for her to send daggers his way with her eyes. He frowned slightly when he saw her oval-shaped face. Her eyes were swollen and red and her nose appeared to be furiously rubbed with cheap bathroom paper towels. Saying anything would probably just pissed her off so he just sat back and tried not to think about why the she had just cried her eyes out in the bathroom! 

 

'Not an , huh?' He thought to himself, 'Yeah right.

 

"Whoa, wait. So, you have been texting some stranger?" Taeyeon asked, as she swirled around on her computer chair. Yuri rested on her best friend's bed. It was later that afternoon after Yuri's little tea party with her family and Jaejoong's family. Thank god that was all over and done with. A part of her wanted to keep this guy a secret but she also uses Taeyeon's phone to do it and that meant Taeyeon deserved to know. 

 

"Well, yeah, if you put it like that but..." 

 

"Yuri. You are vulnerable and you just had a nasty breakup. You shouldn't be crushing on some guy you met over text." 

 

"I'm not. Of course, I'm not. I just...I don't know. Maybe you are right and I'm vulnerable but is it so wrong to want a guy to care about me?" Yuri asked hectically, and fell back on the bed. She huffed into the air. The situation probably was ridiculous, Yuri knew that. She knew it was crazy to want to keep texting him. 

 

"Oh honey, I know you want someone to care for and for them to do the same but I don't think its the way you should go about it. For all you know, he's some guy in his eighties." 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and turned her back towards Taeyeon. Why did Taeyeon have to be so responsible about this? "I don't know but I have this feeling he's not." 

 

"Really? You are going to bases his age on some random feeling?" 

 

"Fine! You are right! Let me see your phone!" Yuri exclaimed, and rolled off the bed to walked to Taeyeon. She stuck her hand out for the phone. 

 

"Oh no, I don't trust you with this thing. I'm not going to let you text him any..." 

 

A ding escaped the phone and interrupted Taeyeon's speeched. The two girls looked at each other before Taeyeon scrambled to looked at the message. 

 

"Hey! If it's him, that message is for me!" Yuri argued, and Taeyeon stuck her hand up. 

 

"It's my phone, I can do what I want. Now, calm your ." 

 

'Why is that?'

 

Yuri caught sight of his question and she attempted to grabbed the phone away from her friend. Taeyeon, with amazing swift movements, held the phone away from her. Suddenly, Yuri saw her friends short fingers began to slide acrossed the screen. Her eyes widened. 

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

"Just wait, I'm doing you a favor." Taeyeon replied, before sending a message, "Here." She said nonchalantly, and handed the phone back to Yuri. 

 

Yuri zoomed through the text messages to find what Taeyeon sent. dropped opened, "Taeyeon. You can't just asked if he's a eighty year old serial killer. He's never going to text me back now. I can't believe..." 

 

Ding. 

 

'I'm going to have to go with no. That makes me sound like a serial killer doesn't it though? Here, if it helps, I'm about to be a freshman at ChungAng University.'

 

Yuri jerked her head up to see Taeyeon doing the exact same thing. What were the odds of that happening? This means he's probably closes. No one who wasn't around ChungAng University didn't go there, like at all. Another ding. 

 

'Are you a serial killer or a eighty year old?'

 

Yuri laughed out loud as she read the next text. Then, as Yuri's face lit up as she stared at the phone, Taeyeon let go of a long reluctant sighed. Taeyeon was going to regret her next decision. She placed her hand on Yuri's shoulder, "I can't believe I'm going to say this but go ahead, keep texting this guy. You need this." Taeyeon told her, and found Yuri's phone on the bed. Going into her contacts, she clicked 'add contact' before snatching her own phone from Yuri's hands. 

 

"Hey, wait. You said I could..." 

 

"But I didn't say you could uses my phone to do it. You want to keep texting this guy, you will have to uses your own phone." Taeyeon explained, as she entered the stranger's number into Yuri's phone, "Here you go but don't you dare let this texting thing go to your head. I know you, Yuri, and you can't hide behind a phone forever and if you had the chance you would." 

 

"Thank you Taeyeon. I will be fine. Besides, we are starting college in three weeks and it will be great. Plenty of time for me to talked to real people." Taeyeon rolled her big, brown, semi-circle eyes at her friend and walked over to her computer chair. 

 

"So, tell me then, how was tea with Jaejoong Oppa?" Taeyeon asked, and Yuri groaned out. 

 

"You don't want to know." 

 

It was late at night as Jaejoong polished off one of his beloved fencing swords. Almost twenty-four hours ago, he met a girl on his phone and he couldn't stopped thinking about it. He probably couldn't stopped because she left him off by questioning if he was a en creep trying to murdered her! His round, plump lips twitched upwards as he slid a cloth along the shiny metal on his sword. When he wasn't practicing with his weapons, he liked staying up late and taking care of them. 

 

His phone buzzed as he rubbed away a smugged and practically dropped the sword to see if it was drunk girl. He had to come up with a better name for her. Should he even asked for her name? His thick brows furrowed when he saw the number. It wasn't the one he recognized from last night. 

 

'Hey, I'm sorry. My friend took the phone away and asked if you were a serial killer. Also, the funny thing about last night and my text is, I uses my friend's phone to send the first text and now this is my actual phone.'

 

'Oh yeah, it's fine as long as it's you I'm still talking to but I would like an answered. Are you a eighty year old serial killer?'

 

He waited, the three little bubbled began to appeared on his screen. 

 

'No, I also can't say I'm a eighty year old serial killer. Also, I might be attending ChungAng University as well.'

 

Jaejoong's brows perked up at the words on the screen. Why was he happy about that? The best thing about this girl was that nothing serious would come out of it. She was just someone behind a screen. He didn't do serious relationships. Still, he couldn't helped texting back. 

 

'Might?'

 

'Ok, I'm going but there's still an off chance you are a killer and I'm not sure I'm ready to die. I have only had one serious relationship for goodness sake.'

 

Jaejoong laughed, 'So, she's trying to show a senses of humor towards her breakup now?' He thought to himself, as he began walking upstairs towards his room. His eyes were glued to the screen until he found himself crashing against his brother's side. 

 

"Watch out! Some of us have real worked to do!" Youngkwang scolded his brother, and hurried along. Jaejoong would have retorted something mean and spiteful back but his focused was entirely somewhere else right now. Once in his room, he plopped down onto his bed and began to text mystery girl back. Yeah, that was a lot better than drunk girl. 

 

'Well, for one, I can promise you that I'm not a killer and two, I guess I will see you at ChungAng in a few weeks then?'

 

'Yeah, I guess so.'

 

Jaejoong couldn't believe he had said that. He didn't make promises to girls. Now, this whole thing became awkward. Should he tell her who he was? Should he asked her out...No. Oh god, no. First off, he barely knew her, second, she just broke up with a guy and third, he didn't do that whole dating thing. He just hooked up and why was he over thinking all of this? He watched the screen as she started typing again. 

 

'I have a question. What if we don't actually say who we are? What if we kept it like this?'

 

'Now, I'm actually starting to question if you are the one who's planning to killed me.'

 

'No, stopped. I wouldn't. Lol, I'm just suggesting that I kind of like this. I mean, it could be like penpals where we just...I don't know, talked?' 

 

'Penpals? That sounds sorta lame, darling, but I had like that though. Why not?' 

 

'Really? :) I guess there should be like rules then?' 

 

'What did you have in mind? I'm not exactly a rule follower so you know.' 

 

'Ok, serial killer. ;) First off, no real names. Second, no specifics on where we are. Anything else?' 

 

'I got one. No falling in love with me. ;)' 

 

'asdfghjkl; I can't believe you just said that. I barely know you and I'm not about to make that mistake again.' 

 

'Haha, no need to freaked out, darling. I'm sure you won't but you never know. How about nicknames if we aren't allowed to know our names?' 

 

'Sure, you can be serial killer.' 

 

'What? No way. If I be serial killer, you can be drunk girl.' 

 

'Wow. Is that what you have been referring to me as?' 

 

'Possibly.' 

 

'Maybe you are an . Jk. I will talked to you tomorrow, serial killer.' 

 

'Alright, darling.'