One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 4

 

The room was dead silent and Jaejoong felt like he was neck deep in trouble. Ah, ! He was officially going to regret this decision the second Yuri decided to wake up. Her body rolled over on Kyuhyun's spare bed and Jaejoong's thin and masculine body tensed. Maybe he shouldn't even be in the room but he couldn't, he refused to leave her after what happened with that son of a , Soohyuk! 

 

Maybe he should back up a bit. When he arrived at the party, his focused was to get as much alcohol in him until he was plastered and then hook up with the easiest girl he could find. Anything to get his mind off of that damn girl! He thought about texting drunk girl but he didn't feel like that was the smartest choice either. Clearly, he couldn't keep himself attempting to find out who she was and clearly, something was happening between them. He was just so ing confused! 

 

When he slipped out of his Audi R8, he was ready to make a b-line to the front door. He had see Kyuhyun, find the drinks and find a girl. Plain and simple. His planned felt fool proof until out of the cornered of his eye, he saw Yuri by the side of the house. ! What the hell was she doing at a party?! From what he remember, he never saw her at any of them in high school. Usually, if he ever saw her outside of school or tea stuff, she was with that Sihoo guy. 

 

Whatever. She could do what she wanted. Her being there wasn't going to stopped him. If anything, it had make him drink more. As he walked faster, he caught another person in the cornered of his eye and he was moving towards the front. Wait a minute. It was that Soohyuk guy from history. He had remember how badly he reeked. His cologne was awful. 

 

He fought to ignored whatever they were doing because really, what was he going to do? Yuri was allowed to have a life that didn't include Jaejoong messing with her. He was about to stepped inside, he really was, but when he glanced back, Yuri's face looked pale and the stinker seemed to be dragging her. 

 

For sake! 

 

Jaejoong raced over, "Hey!" He sneered, at the dude before grabbing his wrist. 

 

"Jae." He heard Yuri's faint voice struggling to say his name. This son of a was going down! 

 

"Watch it, man!" Soohyuk snapped his hand away from Jaejoong and went from furious to deadly. His lips twitched into an evil smirked. His knuckles cracked before gritting his teeth. 

 

"You want to say that again?" He asked, and with fulled force, slammed his fist against the good for nothing's nose. A satisfying cracked broke out from under his fists. Blood gushed from Soohyuk's long and sharp nose and his hand let go of Yuri to nurse his nose. 

 

Jaejoong quickly grabbed Yuri by the arm and brought her into his arms, the back of her head resting against his chest. 

 

"Holy man! You are ing nuts!" Soohyuk cried out, as other people gasped from around the party. Jaejoong nearly growled at the piece of as he stepped forward! 

 

"Get out." He told him, and Soohyuk stubbornly stomped away with his hands pressed over his face to keep from bleeding. 

 

Jaejoong glanced down at the passed out Yuri, 'What the hell is she thinking?!' He thought, before pulling her up and cradling in his arms. He needed to get her to somewhere comfortable. People began to swarm around him, asking to helped. What he really needed was for people to stopped crowding her. 

 

"I have got her!" He sternly informed people, and headed inside. There was silence when other party goers saw the scene of Jaejoong with an unconscious girl in his arms. Mentally rolling his eyes, he shoved through until he found Kyuhyun who dropped his cup, spilling the content of it onto the counter and floor in the kitchen. 

 

"Holy , man!" 

 

"I didn't do it. Some head from my history class did. Can I uses your spare room to lay her..." 

 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" Taeyeon shouted, her thin and straight brows knitted together as she rushed to Yuri. Concerned and angered raced through her eyes as she reached for her friend which caused Jaejoong snapped. 

 

"I didn't ing do it! Some guy drugged her and she needs to lay down until the effects wear off!" He snapped at her, but that didn't settle well with Taeyeon whatsoever. Her arms crossed. 

 

"Haven't you done enough?! You are the last person she wants to see!" Taeyeon growled, as Kyuhyun hesitantly drew his hand on her shoulder. Jaejoong was closer to Kyuhyun than he would admit to people and he knew his complicated past with Yuri. Cautiously, Kyuhyun whispered into Taeyeon's ear. Her eyes flicked from side to side as she took in what he was telling her. She turned to him, a reply of disagreement, "She's my best friend." Jaejoong heard her sputter. Groaning, she whipped her head back to Jaejoong, "If something happens to her, I'm coming after your !" 

 

He should have smiled but he didn't, "I had expected nothing less." He replied, before moving away with the limped Yuri in his arms. He creaked up the stairs until he found the door to the spared. Carefully, he laid her down. How could she have been so stupid?! It literally felt like someone was throwing knives through his chest and he was dead set against feeling like that. 

 

Like he said before, it was incredibly easier to watched Yuri get angry. 

 

Time passed quickly as he watched over her toxin infused body which brought him back to the present time. Her body stirred. Jaejoong was sitting against the edge of the bed on the floor. He had no idea what the guy gave to her but he had a good idea it was some date drugged that just made people passed out. A soft groaned escaped the girl, her brows furrowed with grogginess. 

 

Staying still, he watched as she begin to opened her eyes. She blinked into consciousness and for a moment, her face was blank like she had woken up in her own home. The next second, panic consumed her and she jerked up, ready to fly off the bed. 

 

"Whoa. I wouldn't get up so quickly." Jaejoong rushed to her, his hands up and ready to keep her from getting up right away. 

 

Yeah, that was a mistake. 

 

"Jaejoong Oppa!" She screamed, before finding a pillow and throwing it at him, "Oh my god!" She cried out, her chest pumping in and out as her breath became rapid, "What are you doing?! Where am I?! Why am I in this bed?!" She panicked and felt her body for clothes. 

 

"God woman, calm down." He said, while holding the pillow to shield himself from her. 

 

"I will not calm down. Where am I, Oppa? Is this some kind of cruel joke? Do you think this is funny? Oppa, I swear..." 

 

The boy couldn't take it anymore and covered . 

 

"Take a deep ing breath, sweetheart! I didn't do anything. You are in Kyuhyun's house and you should be thanking me for saving your !" His eyes searched hers with as much seriousness as he could mustered. To be honest, he was just thankful he could breath again, because she was awake. 

 

However, he took it back as she bit his finger. He removed his hand from and held the indented finger in his other hand. 

 

"Ow! What the hell ?!" 

 

"Don't ever shut me up like that again." 

 

"How about a thank you for saving you from that creep?!" 

 

Her lips were pressed together in a tight line like she was thinking his words over. Her glared wasn't going away. She crossed her arms and turned the other away. If this woman was going to be that stubborn with him, he was going to walked out right then and there. 

 

"Thank you." It was barely a mumbled but Jaejoong had heard it. 

 

"I didn't hear you." He lied, a small smile crepting up on his mouth as he stepped closer to her and cupped his ear, "Don't be a jerked!" She yelled at him. 

 

"Hey, I wasn't the one being a ing idiot and accepting drinks from dudes I barely know! Besides, what the hell were you doing with that guy?! Aren't you with Sihoo or something?! You shouldn't even be here at this party!" Everything came out as horrible word vomit. He couldn't controlled himself. 

 

Suddenly, her glared dropped, eyes glued to the bed. Oh, ! What did he say? Usually, she had an insult at hand and ready to fire at him. She just looked sad. 

 

"We broke up." She murmured, beneath her breath. Her fingers grasped the comforter on the bed. One heartbeat later, Jaejoong slid himself on the bed beside her. Her head shook while her hand came up to rubbed away the moisture in her eyes. ! He hated this. 

 

He hated seeing any girls cry but watching Yuri doing it was like another thousand knives stabbing his chest, "When did that happened?" He asked, truly surprised by the news. 

 

"Like three weeks ago." 

 

Time stopped. Three weeks ago they broke up which was right around the time he met...No. 

 

"I have been trying to get my mind off of him so I haven't exactly been myself." She continued, and laughed dryly as she said the next part, "I even got drunk the night after he broke it off with me." 

 

He froze. He wanted to reject what she was saying. This was a huge coincidence and he had to believe that. It adds up though. There's no denying that everything he's learned about text girl has to do with Yuri. Swallowing, he turned to stared at her. What the hell does he do now?! He knew he needed to be certained that she was who he thought she was. He needed some kind of real solid evidence. 

 

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm..." Yuri began again, until she looked up and saw Jaejoong staring at her like she had grown another pair of head, "Why are you looking at me like that?" He wasn't letting up and it felt like he was moving closer to her. Heat flourished over her cheeks. A voice inside her mind reminded her who she was with and her hands came out to pushed him away with a hard shove, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" She squealed, and held onto fists full of blanket for her dear life. 

 

Jaejoong was thrown backward until he was on his back. Swiftly, he pulled himself back up, annoyance scattered across his face. The girls he hooked up with never did that kind of thing. He had to remember, however, that this girl was Yuri and she wasn't like anyone else. She was her own person. 

 

"What was that for?!" 

 

"You are acting so weird!" She yelled, attempting to hide her face. 

 

"I'm not!" 

 

"You are!" 

 

"Am not!" 

 

"Argh! I need to go back to my dorm!" She ended their spat while patting her pocket around for her phone. Sliding her thumb over the screen, she saw that it was 3am and gasped. 

 

"I will drive you back." He offered. 

 

"See?!" Yuri replied, with haste, extending her hand out in a gesture to make a point, "You are acting weird. When have you ever been nice to me? I don't even understand why you saved me." 

 

Jaejoong was in a rut as she dealt with this phenomenon that was him. What was he supposed to tell her? Oh hey, by the way, I'm pretty sure I have been texting you for three weeks and for the last four years, I have been a jerked to you on purposed so I wouldn't have to do deal with actual feelings for you? 

 

Yeah, that wasn't about to happened any time soon. 

 

"I'm not heartless, Yuri." He told her, as he found his keys on the nightstand. He swiped them into his hands and began walking towards the door, "Come on, I'm pretty sure you don't want to stayed here for the night while Taeyeon and Kyuhyun go at it in his room." He said, and waited until Yuri stubbornly followed after him. Things got silent like awkward silent. 

 

The entire car ride was full of stares. Specifcally, Yuri staring and glaring at Jaejoong. He had to bite his tongue before he said something he would regret later. The only thing that was really on his mind was that Yuri was probably drunk girl. This was going to mess him up. Does he keep texting her at all? Maybe he shouldn't. She had forget about him eventually. It's not like they were a thing either. 

 

When he dropped her off, he kept quiet. 

 

"So, no explanation at all? Why you are suddenly being a decent human being?" Yuri asked, before she got out of the car. Jaejoong just shook his head in a slow motion. What he needed was time to think about what his planned was. Acting on impulse would only do him harmed. 

 

"Fine, bye." 

 

Yuri slammed the door shut before Jaejoong drove off back to his own dorm. ! 

 

Suddenly, his phone buzzed as he pulled into his own dorm building that was a few blocks away from Yuri's. 

 

'I really need to talked to you.'

 

The text was from Yuri and it felt weird to know. It had to be her. There was no other explanation. What was he going to do? 

 

Well, he knew one thing was for sure. He wasn't going to let that bastard from history touched her ever again!