One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 3

 

'I'm not going to lie but I'm nervous serial killer.'

 

Three weeks had passed since Yuri had gotten her heart broken and three weeks had passed since she met her mysterious texter. He didn't feel as mysterious anymore. They could never talked about real specifics but nonetheless, they never stopped talking. It was about nonsenses, life and what kind of people they were. He had become part of Yuri's life so quickly and now, she actually relied on him for emotional support. 

 

Today was Yuri's first day of classes at ChungAng. Moving in went smoothly without as much tears from her mom as she suspected. It wasn't like she was too far away. It was a couple of hours from home but it was still away from home. For once in her life, she was free of adult supervision. Yuri was a fairly responsible person so it didn't phase her too much. 

 

However, classes were about to start and Taeyeon didn't have any classes with her. She was going solo for the day. Well, at least she had someone on her phone. 

 

'Whatever you do, just don't get drunk and accidentally text the professor. It's my job to received those.' 

 

Yuri saw the respond as she struggled to find which building she was supposed to be in. She couldn't helped but laughed sarcastically out loud which received a few stares from the other students. 

 

'You are just so funny. Looked what you have done. I'm laughing and people think I'm crazy already.' 

 

Her feet stumbled over themselves as she tried to text and walked at the same time. Those two didn't mixed for her but the last three weeks of texting her mysterious contact have tested this ability. Her results? She can't and doing the activities separately would probably be best. 

 

Looking at her school map she got during orientation, it looked like she was in the building near one of these historical fountains. Scanning the crowd of people hustling to get to their classes, she spotted water sprouting from a marble statue. Her eyes followed it to a building with large steps. That must have been it. 

 

'Sorry to break it to you darling, but it wasn't that hard to tell to begin with ;)' 

 

Yuri glanced down, rolling her eyes. If there was anyone who could get away with talking to her like that, it was him. All he was doing was taking the edge off of her nerves. Grinning to herself, she hopped onto the first stepped into the building. She had have to endured history this morning. Whether or not she worked hard wasn't her problem but she got so nervous during tests that these sort of classes were a struggle. 

 

As she made her way down the hall, she saw a familiar figured dressed in a black Tommy Hilfiger core beach crew neck t-shirt and then the short light brown hair. Dead give away. Kyuhyun was a nice guy. At least she had seen that he made Taeyeon happy. Well, he did when he wasn't touching her in public. Yuri was ecstatic to see him and for a brief moment, she thought that maybe he hadn't taken this history class yet and they were in it together, "Kyu..." She began to shout when all hell broke loses. Kyuhyun had began turning to see who was calling his name and Jaejoong appeared behind him, 'Oh, crap! Looked somewhere. Anywhere else. Please god, don't let Jaejoong Oppa noticed.

 

"Hey, Yuri." She heard Kyuhyun's voice calling to her and then thumping footsteps. Crap! It sounded like two pairs of feet. ChungAng is a large school with thousands of students. Why did the universes want to put her around Jaejoong on the very first day? 

 

"Oh, hey Kyuhyun Oppa." Yuri reluctantly turned back around, her peachy color lips turned into a forced smile. Directly behind him stood Jaejoong, arms crossed and a clearly unhappy oval-shaped face. If anyone should be unhappy about this, it should be her. 

 

"Sure, go ahead and ignored me, !" Jaejoong chimed in rudely, which reacted Kyuhyun to smacked his shoulder, "Jaejoong, don't talked to a lady like that!" Kyuhyun scolded, before turning back to Yuri. Kyuhyun then leaned in and took Yuri's hand before placing a kissed on it, "I must bid you a goodbye. I have to see go Taeyeon now." This action rattle Yuri and sent her hand flying back at her side. 

 

"Yeah, you do that." She sputtered, as Kyuhyun ran off in a different direction. For a second, she made eye contact with Jaejoong but she looked away quickly and walked past him towards her class. 

 

"Hey, ! You can't just ignored me like that and what the hell was that?! Do you just let guys do that to you?!" Jaejoong sneered his annoyance, as he followed after her. Yuri was in no mood and all she wanted to do was slapped him. 

 

"I have to get to class, Jaejoong Oppa, so quit following me." Yuri called back, as Jaejoong found her pace and walked side by side with her. Why did he seem so irritated? You had think he had be happy if Yuri ignored him. He could get along with his life and she could get along with hers. 

 

"Well, I have to get to class too, !" He spat back, as they headed towards the same hallway. Yuri began to panic inwardly the closer they got. As she reached the door, he stopped as well. Both turned to glared at one another. 

 

"Oh, come on. You are not in this class." 

 

"I am, is that a problem?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"Good. Now, move." Jaejoong said, and began to pushed through the door. Yuri was infuriated as she stepped in after him. However, Jaejoong turned and blocked her entrance. His arms crossed, staring down at her. A smirked cross his mouth. 

 

"You know what? You are just a big bully. You always have been and you always will be. Get out of my way." Jaejoong tilted his head to the side thoughtfully. It was so easy to rubbed her the wrong way. All he really had to do was be around her. Any annoyance like this after that just threw her off the edge, "Hm." He pondered her requests, "I will get out of your way if..." 

 

"Oppa." Yuri warned, as her eye twitched with irritation. Then, as a last resort, she stomped her foot right on top of his, "I said, get out of my way." 

 

Jaejoong yelped in pain and lifted his foot, trying to nurse the pain shooting through his toes. Yuri stepped around him with a victorious huffed. There were people staring but she was so focused on beating Jaejoong at his own game, she hardly noticed and found a seat in the back of the class. 

 

As she settled herself into her seat, she watched...Well, glared at Jaejoong who was looking for a seat. If he comes over here, she will ignored him again, and maybe he had get the picture. Squeezing her eyes shut, she focused on the surfaced of her desk and then felt a thump next to her. 

 

"Do you have to sit right there?" 

 

"Uh, well, I could moved but I really don't like the front." A voice replied, that was clearly not Jaejoong's. Yuri whipped her head to the side to see someone else and squealed out of embarrassment. The guy had tattoos drawn over his forearms that contrasted against his white skin. His v-line shaped face was roughed like he was ready to fight at any moment. However, his black almond-shaped eyes seemed kinder. 

 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone else." Yuri hastily apologized. He shook his head with a small smile. 

 

"Don't worry about it. The name's Soohyuk." He said, and extended his hand warmly. Embarrassed, Yuri hid/covered her face with her left hand and shook his hand with her right. 

 

"Yuri, I'm so sorry." She introduced herself, and apologized once more while she smiled bashfully. Jaejoong got her so worked up that she actually yelled at a stranger. What was his problem? Did he honestly like to tortured her every chance he got? Didn't he do enough? At least she has a reasoned to bashed him and he doesn't. He's just a jerk! "Don't worry about it, really." Soohyuk told her, and gave her a casual winked. Who was this guy? Yuri thought as she tried not to physical react to that winked, "So, who's the person you don't want near you?" He asked, and flexed back in his seat to stretched his arms which exhibited his tattoos extravagantly. It would have been distracting to Yuri if she didn't hear the obnoxious giggling going on in the front seat. Oh, no. As if high school wasn't annoying enough. 

 

Her head turned towards the giggling to find Jaejoong playing with a girl's hair, 'Disgusting.' She thought, and turned away the moment she saw him leaning in, whispering into her ear. This morning's lunch began to creep up. 

 

"I'm assuming it's him?" Soohyuk brought Yuri back to reality. 

 

"This is really rude but do you think we could talked about something else?" Yuri asked, to avoid the question. No one in this school needed to know their history. If she was going to make that happened, she needed to avoid Jaejoong at all costs, even in conversation. 

 

"Sure." He replied, with a soft smile and a shake of his head, "How about the fact that I at history?" 

 

Yuri laughed and the two of them dove into a light-hearted conversation which put her at eases again. Why was she going to let Jaejoong ruined her day? It was her first day of college and she's already talking to a boy. Sihoo has barely crossed her mind. Her mystery texter makes her laughed. Life couldn't be any better right now. She needed to enjoyed it. 

 

'I have a question.' 

 

Jaejoong stared at his phone once he sent the message. He had been in frustrated knots ever since history. Now, he was sitting down at his desk while he fiddled with a pen. This semester was going to if he had to stayed in the same class as Yuri. He groaned and ran his hands through his hair. He knew he had no right to be upset about all of this. 

 

He was the one who messed up and he wouldn't admit it to anyone but he regretted what he did to her. What could he do though? For years, he decided to just own the whole jerk thing to her. If she hated him, it made things much easier. When he saw her angry, it felt a whole lot better than seeing her depressed and sad. However, the moment he watched some guy come up to her, he faltered and needed a distraction so he did what he did best. He used a girl to keep his eyes and ears away from Yuri. His hand gripped the pen tightly as he tried to shake off these annoying feelings. 

 

His phone buzzed and he quickly read the text. 

 

'That's never a good sign at the start of a conversation. What's up?' 

 

'You said you didn't think I was an .' 

 

'That's not a question serial killer.' 

 

'Why? Why didn't you think I was an ?' 

 

There was a long wait after he sent the last text. ing fantasic! He was a jerk through and through! Even the girl that he thought might actually see him as a human being thought so. 

 

'Because I don't think a jerk would have checked in on me to see if I was alright. Although, I don't know what you could have done if I never replied in the morning, you still care about whether or not a total stranger was alright.' 

 

After he read the text, he thought about the words gazing back at him. He supposed he did the right thing but does it really matter if he care about strangers instead of the ones he actually knew? His phone blew up again, with another text. 

 

'Is this about that girl you screwed over?' 

 

'How was your first day, darling?' 

 

Jaejoong's fingers tapped across the screen a reply that changed the subject. There was no point in getting into that kind of conversation with a girl he actually care about. Oh, ! What was he even saying? 

 

'I don't appreciate the subject change but it was fine. Well, except this morning, I had a class with a guy I really can't stand.' 

 

Jaejoong blinked. No, he was crazy to think this could be...Ha! There are plenty of girls who can't stand guys in their life. He was being paranoid. Besides, this girl was nothing like her. This girl had an actual sense of humor. His next move was stupid! He was a complete idiot but he couldn't controlled his fingers! 

 

'What class did you have?' 

 

'Hey, I can't tell you that. No giving away where we are or were. No specifics remember?' 

 

'I also remember telling you I'm not good with rules.' 

 

'Well, I am.' 

 

'Ah, haven't fallen in love with me yet then?' 

 

'Of course not.' 

 

'Disappointing.' 

 

'Are you flirting with me serial killer? I think we need a new set of rules.' 

 

Jaejoong turned off the screen on his phone. He shut his eyes and for a moment, he picture a world where his mysterious texter was Yuri. How ed up would that be?! Suddenly, his phone rang and he jerked. His heart stopped as he imagined the girl calling him. Checking the caller ID, he saw Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was younger than him but he was also part of the fencing community and that's how they ended up meeting. Jaejoong should have been in the same age group with the other fencers but his skills were advanced enough to be thrown in with Kyuhyun's group. They were talented sparring partners as well as close friends. 

 

"Hey." Jaejoong answered. 

 

"Tonight. 8pm, my house. Huge party to kicked off the new year. Be there." Kyuhyun informed him, before hanging up. Jaejoong checked the clock to see that it was six while sitting here, thinking about the girl who hated him most was not his idea of a good time. He needed to go out. 

 

'I think you need to learned to live without rules.' 

 

Jaejoong sent the message quickly and got himself ready for his distraction tonight. 

 

Music blasted and vibrated through the ground outside of Kyuhyun's house. Yuri had only came because Taeyeon wanted to go. As much as she trusted Taeyeon's boyfriend to be a good guy, she didn't trust her best friend to go to her first college party alone. So, she gussied herself up in a black Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda classic tapered jeans and a black Apt. 9 asymmetrical striped tunic blouse. 

 

"You have class in the morning, Taeyeon, so we can't stayed that long." Yuri reminded her, as they moved through the swarm of bodies to get inside of the house. Her arms stuck to her side as to not bumped into too many people. Most of whom smelled like weed and alcohol. What was she even doing here? This clearly wasn't her scene, "Yeah, yeah." She said, and waved her statement away, "Let's just have fun Yuri." 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes before reluctantly nodding, "Fine, you go find your lover and I'm going to see if this place has any non-alcoholic drinks." Taeyeon was hesitant to leave her friend but Yuri pushed her through the crowd and scurried off to find the drinks. People screamed from the top of the stairs so she had to covered her ears from going deaf. She saw red solo cups in the hands of tons of people but there was no place to find out where they got them. This was a campus house and it wasn't very large so it shouldn't be that hard to find something. 

 

Eventually, she gave up and decided to get some fresh air. Fortunately, there was a back door opened, extending through the living room. Stepping outside, she found her phone and wondered what he was doing right now. A smile swung across her face as she gazed at their earlier texts. 

 

How horrible would it be if she decided to meet him? That would defeat the purposed of the whole thing and she really liked what they had. It was special and easy. Maybe that was the only reason she wouldn't meet him. What if she did meet him and their relationship was suddenly thrown through loops of difficulties? She wasn't sure she was ready for anything after Sihoo. 

 

Oh, god. Her face started to heat up as she realized some part of her mind thought her and text guy were something more than friends. It can't be like that. Taeyeon told her not to get up into this. 

 

"I thought I saw you." A voice crept up on Yuri which in turned caused her to jumped a little. Soohyuk stepped over with two red solo cups as he swung out of the door from the inside, "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scared you." Her brows rose, surprised to see him here. She figured most of the people here were upperclassmen. Slight relief washed over her. At least she knew someone in this crazy place. 

 

"Soohyuk, right?" She asked, and straightened herself. She brushed off her shirt as if to prep herself and tried to ignored a voice in her head that said she was trying too hard. He was obviously a genuine guy. She wasn't going to waste her chance by texting a guy she was never going to meet, probably. 

 

"Yeah, and you are Yuri. Thirsty?" He asked, as he handed her one of the cups. Her eyes flicked from his hand to the drink. Soohyuk shook his head and laughed a little, "Don't worry, it's just juice. I'm not much of a drinker especially since it's our first week here." 

 

Yuri's body physically relaxed and she kicked herself for assuming he was that kind of guy. Graciously, she took the cup and took a few small sips, "Thanks. I was struggling in there to find something to drink." She said lamely, "Oh, yeah. It gets crazy in there. I almost didn't come because parties aren't really my idea of a good time." He explained, and slid next to her while he leaned against the outside of the house, "But I'm glad I did." He told her, smiling. 

 

Hesitantly, Yuri wiggled her feet on the ground and asked, "Why is that?" 

 

"Woo, yeah! ing do it man!" Voices from inside cried out, and a wild thumped that sounded like someone crashing into a wall accompanied it. Yuri cringed, thankful that she wasn't around that craziness. 

 

"Hey, what if we get out of here?" Soohyuk asked, and pushed himself off of the wall with his hand to come face to face with Yuri. His thick eyebrows perked up wickedly and she took another sipped of her drink before swallowing. The first thought that came to her mind was Taeyeon and the second was that she really wanted to be anywhere else but here, "Where?" 

 

"We could go to this diner I heard about. I can promise it will be much quieter than here." He told her. Yuri bit her pink color lips in thought. Taeyeon would be ok as long as she was with Kyuhyun. Plus, she had probably be incredibly happy that Yuri wasn't spending the night texting her mystery guy. A smile spread over her face which then followed a strong yawned. Whoa, where did that come from? She wasn't even tired. 

 

"Sure, why not?" 

 

"Awesome. I have my car around the front." He informed her, before nonchalantly taking her hand into his. Her eyes widened and she had to forced herself to not freaked out. People did this, right? Soohyuk pulled her along before mumbling back, "Go ahead and finished your drink. I have got this rule about no food in my car. Sorry about that." He shrugged while finishing off his as well. 

 

Yuri just nodded and gulped the rest down. Her head spun for a second. 

 

"Wait, could we...um." She blinked as it became hard to keep her eyes opened, "Slow down?" She asked, but his gripped became tighter. What the hell was happening to her?! She needed to get away and sit down. With all of the energy she had left, she swung her head from side to side to find someone. 

 

Blonde hair appeared, blurry blonde hair and a orange ice color IZOD saltwater classic-fit plaid Oxford button-down shirt. Was that? "Jae." She began to get the words out but then a horrendous smashing sound that sounded like flesh against bone filled her ears and Soohyuk's hand let go. She was falling hard and fast. 

 

"Yuri!" She heard Jaejoong shout but couldn't comprehend what was happening. Everything was becoming black as she braced herself to feel the pain of crashing into the ground but it never came. Then, she lost consciousness.