One Drunken Text Message

One Drunken Text Message

Chapter 14 

 

Jaejoong swung his sword hard against the practiced bags. Beads of sweat rolled down his forehead. Damn it. He swung again, making quick but forceful movements against the bag. Grunting, he dropped the sword onto the ground and it clacked loudly against the gym floor. 

 

"Dude, you have got to get a gripped." Kyuhyun was in the gym with him, practicing as they usually did. However, Jaejoong wasn't just practicing, he was preparing to killed. 

 

Jaejoong scoffed, laughing dryly. He hit the bag with his fist this time and although it stung, bad, he did it again, "If he ing thinks he can get away with!" He hit the bag again, "ing with Yuri, trying to ing messed with her!" He was breathing harder when Kyuhyun came up and grabbed him by the shoulder. 

 

"Jaejoong, we don't know where he is right now. Besides, Yuri didn't say he did anything, did she?" 

 

Jaejoong stepped away from the bag, pushing Kyuhyun's hand away, ", does it even matter if he did anything to her?! He's speaking to her again, and she's obviously worried about it if she's texting me! Well, the virtual me!" Clearly frustrated, Jaejoong stomped over to his gym bag to get his phone. Serial killer's phone. He scrolled through his messages with Yuri. 

 

'I don't know what to do.' Yuri had text him yesterday morning. 

 

'I have heard of the guy. What happened?'

 

'I really don't know. He came up to me and I'm just really scared.'

 

'What did he do? You need to tell me.'

 

'We have history with each other and I thought he had leave me alone but he's back and I don't know what to do.'

 

'I'm going to find him and he's not going to be able to bother you again, ok.'

 

'Stopped. You don't actually want to become a serial killer, do you?'

 

'If he doesn't stayed the away!'

 

'Please, serial killer? I don't know if he will even come back. Would you just stayed in contact with me though?'

 

When Jaejoong read that text the first time, he knew he couldn't let this virtual relationship go overnight. He's not going to lied, it hurts to know that she's so much more emotionally invested in this relationship than their real, physical one. Yeah, she thought he was someone else, someone who would never hurt her to begin with but still, it was tough to see her not wanting to opened up to him as much as she did in the text. How ing self-fish was that? Yuri was scared and all he could think about was how opened she was being with him. 

 

'I will. I promised.'

 

Damn it. He knew he shouldn't promised her anything. Could he really keep pretending that he didn't know something was going on with Soohyuk? 

 

"Maybe I should just tell her it's me. " 

 

Kyuhyun whistled lowly, "You think that's a good idea?" 

 

Jaejoong stared at his phone. How could he know if it was a good idea? He squeezed his phone, hard. Hard enough that it was ready to fall apart in his hand. 

 

"I don't know but whatever the outcome is, I just want to keep Yuri safe, even if that means losing her." 

 

'How are you doing? Anyone followed you today?'

 

Yuri laid in her bed when she heard her phone vibrate on her nightstand. Yesterday, she had text serial killer about Soohyuk. She was ready to forced herself to sleep when her virtual friend stopped her real life in its tracks like he usually did. 

 

'Not today. Thanks.'

 

'Good.'

 

'Is that all?'

 

'Do you want there to be more?'

 

'It's fine if there's not.

 

'Lies Yuri, lies. You are begging for more. Please let there be more?' Yuri thought. 

 

'There's more.

 

'Go for it.

 

'I know we have our rules and , but do you ever think about meeting in person?

 

'Like if we have already run into each other? Always.

 

'No. Actually knowing who we are. Meeting up for real.

 

Yuri read the text. She read it again. Then she read it again. What was he thinking? Of course they shouldn't meet. It would defeat the purposed. Their relationship stays on their phone and no strings are attached. Another thought entered her mind. What would Jaejoong think? Taeyeon's words of warning were booming now. It's not like Jaejoong and her were official or in any sort of serious relationship but she had be lying if she said she didn't have feelings for him. She certainly had physical ones. Really physical ones. 

 

The point is, how would he feel about her mystery text guy? Would he be jealous? Yeah, right. Like Jaejoong would be jealous of another guy for her. Would she hurt him though? 

 

"Oh my god." Yuri's voice whispered into the dark dorm air. Did she like two different guys? No. That was crazy. Why would she be so worried about Jaejoong's reaction if serial killer was just a friend though? He was but he was also something more. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to meet him in person. Did he want to then? What if it's not the same in person? What if they didn't connect in real life? 

 

There were so many questions scattered across Yuri's mind and the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to meet him. She had taken so little risks in her lifetime thus far. Then, another thought occurred to her as her fingers hovered over her screen. 

 

'If we did meet...What if I'm not what you expect? You could be repulsed by me. You may even want to killed me. Haha. See what I did there?

 

'Sometimes you are so funny I don't even laughed.

 

'Omg. Don't be a jerk.

 

'Lol, I'm kidding, darling. Also, to answered your questioned, I'm sure you will be everything I have ever imagined. Trust me. You will probably be disappointed in me though.

 

'I could never.

 

'Don't be so sure.

 

'Does this mean...?

 

'Yeah, I think so.

 

'Wow.

 

'I know.

 

'Do we say who we are now?

 

'No, I think we should see each other first.

 

'Where?

 

'There's a fountain in front of one of the main academic buildings, have you seen it before?

 

'I know the one. When?

 

'Tomorrow night. 8pm. Good?

 

Yuri's heart was beating like it was trying to win a race. Tomorrow night, she would know who he is. Will she tell Jaejoong? Maybe she should just wait. Yeah, waiting would be good. She was so nervous just thinking about it that imagining telling Jaejoong or anyone else was too much. She could deal with this on her own. So she tapped at her screen, decision made. 

 

'I will see you tomorrow.

 

Yuri had been up in her dorm all morning. Taeyeon was at worked which was good because Yuri didn't think she could go the entire day without letting her secret slipped about tonight. Even now, as she tried to get some reading done, her mind kept drifting. Her smiled was light as she squirmed beneath the sheets of her bed. 

 

Maybe she should be more nervous about tonight than excited. What was she going to wear? Interrupting her thoughts, her phone buzzed. She dived for it, trying to find it on her bed. It had to be serial killer. Then she saw the text. 

 

It was Jaejoong. Crap. Two guys? Who would have ever thought that this would happened? Certainly not her. 

 

'Date. Today.

 

'I have plans tonight.

 

'I didn't say tonight, darling. Were you hoping for some night-time action again?

 

'What time?

 

'Ignoring the questioned, I see.

 

'Jaejoong Oppa.

 

'Mm, loved the way you say my name.

 

'I swear to god, if you don't get to the point I'm not going on the date with you.

 

'How about in an hour?

 

'Ok but I have to be back like around seven-thirty.

 

'Sure.

 

'Ok.

 

'I will see you then. Pack a swimsuit ;)

 

'Wait, what are we doing?

 

An entire hour later, Jaejoong still hadn't responded to Yuri's text. Nevertheless, she stood in her dorm, staring at her dorm door. Swimsuit packed, hair style and nervous butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Why did two nerved wracking things have to happened in one day? Granted, the things later tonight would be world changing for her. A date with Jaejoong was just another time spent with him like before, right? 

 

Yuri's heart speed up when she heard knocking on the door before she rushed to the front door to paused before opening it. Jaejoong stood before her, shifting on his feet uneasily until he took her in. His grinned displayed his perfect set of pearly whites. 

 

"Hey." Yuri said. 

 

"Hey, I...uh, well, here." Jaejoong rubbed the back of his neck as he pulled out a single rose. 

 

Yuri's eyes widened at his gesture, "Ok, where's Jaejoong and what have you done with him?" 

 

"Would you just take it?!" He snarled, as pink flushed over his cheeks. 

 

Yuri pressed her red color lips together so she wouldn't laughed. She took the rose into her hand and gave him a genuine smiled, "Thank you, Oppa." 

 

Jaejoong glanced at her skeptically before looking away, bashfully smiling, "Yeah, it's no big deal or anything. I mean, it is a date and all, er..., I'm rambling. I...!" 

 

Yuri reached up and kissed his cheeks. 

 

"Was that for the rose or...?" 

 

"I mean, it is a date and all." Yuri grinned slyly before shifting around, "I'm going to put this in some water so give me a second ok?" 

 

"Sure." 

 

Yuri rushed back into her dorm in searched of some kind of cup she could put the rose in. Once she grabbed one from her and Taeyeon's dish shelf, she went into the bathroom to filled the cup. Carefully placing the rose in the cup, she set it down before turning around and when she did, Jaejoong was standing at the doorway. 

 

"Oppa, what are you doing?" 

 

Jaejoong stared at her, a mere few feet between them. He didn't walked towards her; he just stood there, watching her. Yuri felt confused. Why was he staring at her like she had disappeared at any moment? Her heart pounded as if it was a bird in a cage, trying to escaped. 

 

"Nothing, sorry." Jaejoong said. Then he pointed to the navy/white striped handbag Yuri had strapped over her shoulder, "Did you bring your swimsuit?" 

 

Yuri decided to ignored whatever had just happened because she wasn't even sure how to asked. Nodding, she asked, "Yeah, are we like swimming or something?" 

 

"Something like that." He grinned. Jaejoong appeared to be his confidence self again, "Come on, I don't want to be late." 

 

"Late to what?" 

 

"You will see." 

 

"Oppa." 

 

"Would you just trusts me?" 

 

Yuri pursed her lips, following him out of the door, "I will see if I trusts you when we get to wherever we are going." 

 

"You want me to what?" 

 

Yuri had hung opened as the two of them stood on a medium cliff, overlooking the ocean. Their school hadn't been far from the beach. It was the usual hangout placed for those who wanted to drink and smoke in the morning. It was pretty deserted during the day though. Especially days like today as the clouds were rolling in, becoming grayer the faster the wind picked up. 

 

However, after several minutes of Jaejoong convincing Yuri to change in the backseat of his car to get into her swimsuit, he was now attempting to convinced her to jumped off the cliff with him. 

 

"Come on, it will be awesome. Promised." 

 

"Um, I'm going to died. Do you want me to died? Did you really think this was how we should have our first date?" 

 

"Hey, I had the whole violin and proposal prepared but you ruined that surprised so..." 

 

"I'm not going to do it!" Yuri protested, as she crossed her arms over her Hula Honey Malibu strappy push-up bikini top. Jaejoong had been all too much of a gentleman, trying not to stared but the longer Yuri stood in front of him, the harder it was for Jaejoong to restrained himself. He allowed himself one glanced and his eyes lingered, "Hey!" Yuri snapped, "Eyes up here buddy!" 

 

"What? I can't enjoyed the view?" 

 

Yuri reddened, "You are so lucky I'm too terrified I had fall or else I had kicked you right now." 

 

Jaejoong laughed as he moved closer. 

 

"St...Stayed there." 

 

Jaejoong didn't listened but he stopped a few inches in front of her. Yuri adverted her eyes to the rocky floor. Then, Jaejoong placed his hands at the bottom of his almond heather ralph lauren soft-touch polo shirt to pulled it off his body. 

 

"Listened, you are going to do this and you are going to have actual fun." 

 

Yuri laughed almost hysterically, nervous bubbles bursting through her body, "No, I'm not." 

 

"Yeah, you are." 

 

"No." 

 

"Yes." 

 

"You can't make me." 

 

Jaejoong smirked at her, accepting her challenged, "Wanna bet?" Before Yuri could say anything, Jaejoong slipped his hand around Yuri's waist. She gasped as he pulled her forward, "If you jumped, I will finished where we left off the night I kissed you." 

 

Yuri's breaths became faster. She kept herself under controlled though, "If you think for a second that I would jumped that cliff for a kissed or...or..." 

 

Jaejoong grinned wider, "That's not what I was talking about but I like where your mind is going." 

 

"Wait. What are you talking about then?" 

 

"We did actually talked Yuri. We talked about before. About when we were kids. About when I fell for you." 

 

Yuri became speechless, gaping opened, "We did?" She paused, looking him straight in the eye. He stared back, "You did?" He fell for her? "Wait. When? When did that happened?" 

 

Jaejoong released her suddenly and stepped back, his feet getting closer to the edge of the cliff, "Jumped and find out." 

 

"Oppa, wait, what are you...?" 

 

Within a split second, he turned and leaped from the edge. Yuri ran after him, stopping at he edge. The sound of crashing water followed. For several seconds, she didn't see him come up. Then, that familiar blonde hair submerged out of the water. 

 

"Come on!" 

 

Yuri tensed. Why did he have to be so frustrating? He was going to get it. Standing straight up, she tried not to focused on the gaping distance between her and the water. Squeezing her eyes shut, she pretended like she was about to take any other normal stepped. 

 

"You have got to opened your eyes!" Jaejoong called out, just as Yuri stepped off the edge. Yuri blinked, saw the water and fell fast, stomach dropping, hair flying, arms whaling and then smacked. 

 

It felt sharp. It felt like she had woken up for the first time in a long time. All her worries had come crashing through her body for a moment. Worries dissolved into the water. She swung her arms through the rushing water until she felt air in her lungs again. 

 

"Oh my god!" She screamed, and twisted her body in every direction to find Jaejoong, "That was...That was..." She breathed hard, trying to find him. She couldn't though. Panic rolled over her until she felt something touched her legs. This time, she screamed bloody murder. 

 

She sunk beneath the water until Jaejoong's face appeared in front of her. Both of them came up again, "Are you freaking insane?!" She yelled at him, as she grasped onto his shoulders for dear life. 

 

"When we were kids, you climbed that stupid ing tree with me." 

 

"What the hell are you talking about, Oppa?" 

 

"I fell for you then." 

 

Jaejoong's stared was so intense that Yuri couldn't looked away. Each of their breath danced together over the chilly water. Thank god Jaejoong kept treading the water because Yuri stopped kicking as she held onto him. 

 

"And now?" 

 

Jaejoong crinkled his thick brows at her, "Now what?" 

 

"How do you feel now?" 

 

Laughing, he brought one hand up, brushing the tips of his fingers along the edge of her jaw, "How do I feel now?" He laughed again, nervousness apparent in his voice, "I don't want to scared you off on our first date but I will let you know that you make me so ing happy, Yuri and I want you to know that I don't want you out of my life ever again." 

 

"I think I'm falling for you, too." 

 

"What?" 

 

Yuri giggled softly, "I think that..." 

 

"Kissed me." 

 

"Well, um...I." Yuri stumbled over her words. What the heck was she supposed to say to that? She swallowed, feeling her nerves piling up at the back of her neck, "Just, uh...closed your eyes." 

 

Jaejoong smirked at her but complied, "Alright, I'm waiting." 

 

Yuri flickered her gazed over his face. Then an idea hit her. Suddenly, she lifted her hands from his shoulders, "Ready?" 

 

"So ready." 

 

Instead of feeling the sweet softness Jaejoong had hope for, he got water splashed on him instead. He opened his eyes to see Yuri frantically swimming away. Her beautiful laughter skated across the sea. Quickly flipping a switched from annoyed and disappointed, Jaejoong swim after her. 

 

"You are so dead!" He called, as Yuri kept laughing. Jaejoong dunked underneath the water until he caught onto her arm, mid-stride. 

 

When he twisted her around to faced him, she giggled, "Is that not what you meant?" 

 

"Why you little?" 

 

"Little what?" Yuri perked her brows up at him, grinning. 

 

Jaejoong leaned in, her hand in his beneath the water. His forehead sank down until it met hers. Her smiled fell. He watched as she her lips and swallowed. A smirked appeared on his lips again, "Are you nervous?" "Of...Of course not." 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Really." 

 

"Not even if I get this closed?" Jaejoong got closer until his lips nearly touched hers. He waited, watching her squirmed. It was, he knew how she felt in these moments, but other times, he just couldn't figured her out. However, as she so obviously tried to searched for a way to backfired, he knew how she felt. She had to think they had a future together. 

 

The thought made the idea of tonight so much ing harder. 

 

The clouds began to ripple above the sea and filled the air with droplets of rain. The soft groaned of thunder echoed in the background. 

 

"I had kissed you right now but I think we should get out of here before it starts pouring." 

 

Yuri nodded, straying her eyes from his gazed as she slipped away from him and swim towards the shore. Once both of their feet settle on the sand, rain that threatened them moments before came crashing down. Yuri started running out of the water. 

 

"Holy crap, it's coming down so hard." She said, astonished then began to laughed, "And you wanted to have the date today?" 

 

Jaejoong was getting out of the water, following her towards the car park in an empty lot near the cliff they jumped off. He simply rolled his eyes, "What? You don't think I planned this? I obviously wanted the rain." 

 

Yuri slow her pace, getting closer to the car. Placing her hands on her hips, she glanced back at him, "Oh really? What's the rain good for then? We are already wet from swimming." 

 

Grinning, he stepped over, plucking her hand away from her hips, "Lots of things." He tugged her forward gently, twisting her around until he was in front of the car's back door, "For example, when it's raining." He began, opening the door, "It's kind of awesome to sit in a warm car." He gestured for Yuri to crawl inside. 

 

"I'm choosing to trusts you since I didn't died on that cliff." She told him, before slipping into the backseat of his car. 

 

Laughing, he said, "Ok, give me eight seconds." 

 

"One. Two. Three..." 

 

Before Yuri could get to the next number, Jaejoong opened and slammed the trunk shut. When he came back, he was carrying a box. With haste, he got into the backseat with her, "Ok." He said, as she looked at him with curiosity. 

 

The back door was closed behind them as Jaejoong brought the box onto his lap. The rain beat down on the car and as they sat in silence, it felt like they had escaped into their own separate world. A world Jaejoong never wanted to leave. 

 

"I promised that on this date, we had get to know each again, right?" 

 

"Right." 

 

"So, I have got four bags of different types of chips." 

 

"Chips?" 

 

Jaejoong grinned and perked his brows at her, "You can tell a lot about a person based on their favorite flavor." Giggling, Yuri said, "Ok." 

 

Pulling out the bags, he displayed them each before her one by one, "Cheese puffs?" 

 

"Not the best." 

 

"Banana chips?" 

 

"That's disgusting." 

 

Laughing, he went on, "Fritos?" 

 

"It's alright." 

 

"Wow, if I don't have the right kind now, are you going to hate me for it?" 

 

"We will see." Yuri teased. 

 

"Gardetto?" 

 

"Now we are talking." 

 

Jaejoong made a fists in the air like he won a race. He tossed the bag to her and she popped the bag opened, laughing "So, was Gardetto a good answered?" 

 

Smirking, he replied, "It was the only right one." 

 

"You would have said that with any chip I picked." 

 

"No, if you said any other, you had have to walked out of this car." 

 

Yuri's mouth dropped opened as she reached across to smacked his shoulder, "That's so rude." 

 

"I guess it's a good thing you chose Gardetto." 

 

Rolling her eyes, she took a chip into , "What's next?" 

 

"Candy." 

 

"Even better." 

 

Before either of them had noticed, they had spent several hours in the car, asking each other questions about senseless things but important things nonetheless. Jaejoong never failed to keep a smiled on Yuri's face and Yuri never felt forced to laughed. Everything felt genuine like they had been doing this their whole life together. 

 

Bags of food and bottles of drinks had been tossed around in the car. Jaejoong was finishing his story about the time he fought this guy in fencing. 

 

"I think I could take you on." 

 

"In what? Fencing?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

He shook his head laughing, "No, you couldn't. Have you ever fenced in your entire life?" 

 

"I could learned." 

 

"I could teached you but I wouldn't let you win a fight ever." 

 

Yuri glared at him and sprung up from her sitting position until she had her finger on his chest, "Listened well and carefully. I can take you on whenever, however." 

 

He watched her body moved over him and tried so hard to be a gentleman. He really did. Right now, she was making it too ing hard to not do something about this position. Quickly, his hand grasped onto her wrist, "However?" 

 

Halting, Yuri realized where she was and what she was doing. Flushing, she didn't want to backtrack this time. She could woman up and faced him. 

 

"Yeah, however, I can take you." As much as she wanted to appeared confident, she felt her voice shake over those words. Slowly, Jaejoong pulled her down towards him. 

 

"Then do it." 

 

Yuri swallowed, nervous as ever. It would be bad to be with him, right? It's alright to give in. To be happy. To forget their pasts. Biting her lips, her eyes wondered over his face. He really was beautiful and she really did like him and he was doing all the right things. Sure, he got testy sometimes but the way her heart pounded for him now wasn't a lie. 

 

"I really like you." She whispered, before taking his lips with hers. His breath exhaled against hers as she felt him smiled against her lips. The kissed was slow as they settle into each other. Nothing was rushed. 

 

Jaejoong took his time to weave his hand between them. His nails glided on top of her arm until he found the crevice of her waist. A soft moan left Yuri and that's when Jaejoong could no longer restrained himself. Hastily, he pushed her and guided her back onto the seat. How he never left her lips, Yuri didn't understand but she wasn't about to asked. She was enjoying herself too much. 

 

"Be with me." Jaejoong whispered, trailing kisses down her jaw and neck, "Stayed with me. I want you in my life Yuri. Just like this." 

 

Breathing hard, Yuri wiggled her legs around his, "Ok." 

 

He brought his head up to meet her eyes, "Ok?" 

 

Nodding quickly, Yuri smiled, "Ok. Yes." 

 

"ing finally." 

 

Giggling, she rolled her eyes. 

 

He grinned and pressed a kissed onto her nose. Suddenly, the two frozed because Yuri's phone went off. The sound of her familiar alarm broke their silence. She check the time. Her body flinched. It was already seven. 

 

"I have to be somewhere by eight." 

 

Jaejoong kept his face straight as he said, "Yeah. I can get you there on time." 

 

"I'm so sorry. I promised it's important or else I would, um...I wouldn't want to leave." 

 

Jaejoong's mood was less carefree, she noticed, "Don't worry about it." He carefully pulled himself off of her, "I will get you there." 

 

"Is everything ok?" Yuri asked, as he held onto the handle to get out. 

 

"Yeah." He said shortly. 

 

"Ok, I guess." 

 

As the two settled in the front seat, they fell silent. It was weird. Yuri didn't understand why Jaejoong became so cold. Did her leaving bother him that much? Did she already mess up any relationship they had? No, it was fine. She was overreacting. 

 

"I have to get gas. I will be quick though. Promised." Jaejoong explained. 

 

"You are fine. I have got plenty of time." Even saying this, Yuri did want to get home quickly. She still had to mentally prepared herself and choose an outfit that didn't include a swimsuit. Her hair was probably disgusting from the salt water. It wasn't like she needed to impressed serial killer. Still, she could uses the confidence to face him. 

 

As Jaejoong pulled into the gas station, he got out to filled his tank. As he did this, his phone fell from his pocket and onto the seat. Yuri opened to say something but he had already slammed the door before she could tell him. Oh, well. She pulled out her own phone. 

 

'Still on for tonight, right?'

 

Yuri sent her text to serial killer and fell back onto her seat. Upon hearing a ding, she check her phone and then realized it was Jaejoong's. 

 

Glancing out of the window, she saw him filling up. It wouldn't be so bad to peek, would it? Smiling mischievously, she grabbed his phone to see who text him. 

 

Her heart stopped. 

 

Jaejoong pulled the driver's door opened. 

 

"You ok? You looked like you just seen a ghost." Jaejoong asked, until his eyes dropped to the phone in her hands. Her head shook slowly, mouth agape, "What the hell does this mean?"