Chapter :6

Broken

Mark's heart crumbled into pieces . His love was standing infront of him handing him invitation to attend his marriage with someone else . Mark smiled through pain .

" Congratulations Jackson, I will attend it ."

If Jackson had looked into his eyes he would have seen how much Mark was hurting inside, how fake his smile was. But Jackson didn't spare a glance at him. He nooded his head heading towards exit.

" And ahh, don't think we have become friends again just because I invited you to my wedding . It's was my parents who wanted you to come so I had no choice."

' Of course , he wouldn't have wanted me to come . His parents must have asked about me so he came here. ' Mark thought watching Jackson's retreating figure. The wedding card had crumbled in his hands as he was holding it very tightly. He smothered the wrinkled card and kept it inside his pocket.

Mark remembered when once Jackson and he had talked about their future wives, till then he hadn't known he was gay. Jackson had said when he will get married in future , Mark would be the first one to get invited. He had also joked that maybe Mark will be his bride which had made Mark heartbeat speed up butterflies to invade his stomach even if it was just a joke. 

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts Mark collected his things ready to return home. He waved  other coworkers goodbye and walked to his home.

********

Nanny was cleaning the house when Mark entered. Seeing Nanny focused on dusting the bedsheets when Mark hugged her from behind. She jumped stratled. Turning to him, she pinched his cheeks.

" Yah, pretty boy you scared me." 

" Sorry nanny." Mark kissed her cheeks . Throwing his jacket on the couch he entered the bathroom .

Nanny picked the jacket up to hang it on place . She was going leave hang it when a card fell from it's pocket. She picked the card examining it . No doubt it was a wedding card but she had no relatives and neither had Mark talked anything about his friends getting married, so whose wedding invitation was it ? Out of curiosity she opened the card only to find Jackson Wang name engraved in it . Why would Jackson invite Mark to his wedding? Hadn't he hurt Mark enough  already. She knew Mark loved Jackson , she also knew that Jackson didn't reciprocated his feelings but inviting Mark to witness his wedding , the boy was crossing his limits.

After Mark was finished with refreshing himself he entered inside kitchen to see nanny in deep thought , a frown evident on her face.

" What's the matter nanny ?" Mark asked her .

" Mark, are you hiding something from me ?" Nanny stared at him.

" No , why are you suddenly asking me this ?" he was surprised why nanny thought he was lying to her.

She extended the wedding card to him studying his reaction closely.

" What is this Mark." 

" Where did you find that " Mark asked, he had kept it in his jacket oh of course he threw his jacket randomly and nanny must have found it. He cursed himself mentally, he didn't want her to give more tension.

" Why didn't you tell me Jackson was getting married? " she asked him , ignoring his earlier question.

" I was going to tell you after dinner . I knew only today when he came to cafe this afternoon to give this card" he said gesturing to the card in her hand.

" And you took the card from him, If I were you I would have tore the card infront of him and slapped him " she looked at Mark with disbelief.

" You know I can't do that nanny. He is still my bestfriend even he doesn't consider me one . And you do hurt and scold people you care about right ?"

" Are you blindfolded Mark, Jackson doesn't care about you. If he cared then he would have accepted you , he would have stopped you from leaving . You love him and yet he is inviting you to his marriage with that girl who insulted you ?"

Mark smiled bitterly.

" Jackson  may look like jerk but deep inside he is caring person. I know him very well nanny. You haven't seen him how much he loves his mother but I have, a heartless person can't love anyone right?? And talking about my love for him, he doesn't even know it ." 

"That doesn't change the fact that you  aren't going anywhere  " Nanny stated.

"How long will I run away from the truth nanny. We weren't ment to be together . Life isn't always what you want , it throws  you too many difficulties and you have to tackle them. You have to fight for yourself , make sacrifices, hurt , cry then only you can know the true meaning of life. You have to be your own hero. So I will go , I will witness his wedding , congratulate him. I am used to pain that it doesn't hurt anymore. I can't show him that I am weak ."

Nanny Rose stared at Mark, how the little boy from yesterday had grown mature so fast. She was proud of him but also afraid that this brave face he was showing now is just a mask to hide his pain.

**********

Days passed by and it was already weekend, means Jackson is getting married today. Mark was nervous as if it was him getting married not Jackson. What if he broke out into tears as Jackson kissed Suzy,  what if Jackson ended up hating him even more . He said he was strong but what if he couldn't witness them getting married . These thoughts were running inside his mind. He rubbed his temple to ease the oncoming headache. He changed into suit and styled his hair. He was now ready to go.

**********

The venue where the wedding was going to be  held was decorated very beautifully. Red and white balloons were hung everywhere with paper lanterns. Red roses decorated the entrance hall.Gentlemen with descent suites were talking about their business. Beautiful ladies were gossiping about the decoration and wedding party. People were congratulating Mr.and Mrs. Wang of their son's wedding. They stood there with happy smile greeting the visitors. 

" Sophia, where's Jackson?" Mr. Wang asked his wife.

" He maybe talking with his friends somewhere" she scanned the crowd searching for her son.

*********

Meanwhile Jackson was outside chatting with his friends, when suddenly his phone rang . He excused himself answering the phone.

" Hello"

" Hello Jackson "

He was surprised that Suzy was calling him. 

" Is everything alright Suzy?"

" I can't marry you Jacks. I am really sorry." 

" What do you mean you can't marry me ?" Jackson raised his voice gaining attention of few people outside.

" Look I know you are angry right now but I can't marry you . I love someone else " Suzy spoke from other end.

" You are telling this to  me now !!! How can you do this ? What will I tell my parents ? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He yelled at her.

" I can't explain all things right now. Just cancel the marriage or whatever " she ended the call.

" He_hello" goddamn it ! 

He tried calling her .' The no. you have dialled is currently switched off please try again later. The no you have dia_______"

He threw the phone in frustration . , , what shall he do now?

******* 

Mr. and Mrs. Wang were talking with one of their business partner when Jackson entered the hall. He asked the man if he could talk with his parents. The man excused himself from there and Mr. Wang raised his eyebrow at him .

" Is everything all right Jackson ?"

" Mom, dad Suzy ran away from marriage."

______________________**********_________________________________

Suzy ran away from marriage. I guess Jackson deserved that. What will happen now , will the marriage be cancelled ?" Read and find out.

Thank you for the comments on earlier chapter, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter too. Stay calm and keep loving MARKSON!!!!!

Dear readers, I was thinking of writing oneshots dedicated to you since I couldn't thank all of you properly and reply to your comments. If you are interested please send me a short message including your name, pairings, genre of the story and a plot . Of course I will write it after I finish this story. Hope you have a good day ^_^