Chapter:12

Broken

They kissed slowly savouring the moment. When they broke apart both were blushing red. Clearing his throat Jackson walked to their room , Mark just stood there touching his lips smiling to himself . He was exploding with happiness but he doesn't know that happiness doesn't last longer.

********

They were awkward around each other for few days but eventually they resumed to their normal life. Mrs. Wang occasionally called to check up on her two sons. She was happy to know that they were happy. Mark started working on cafe again since he was too bored to stay at home all day doing nothing.

That day everything was normal. Jackson went to his office and Mark to cafe. But a strange feeling was making it's way to Mark's stomach. He felt nervous for no reason . Keeping the feeling in back of his mind Mark went to cafe . He changed into his uniform and started serving the costumers smiling at them.

The owner of the Hanna's cafe came to him, cheerful as usual he greeted Mark.

" I haven't seen you for a long time lazy boy . I heard that you are married ." the old man told Mark.

Mark glared at him ." I am not lazy and yes I am married ."

" Congratulations boy. I hope you are a good house wife ." the old man .

" I am not a girl old man " Mark gritted his teeth.

" Of course , of course " the boss laughed at him.

*******

Jackson was sitting in his office doing paperwork when someone knocked at his door.

" Come in "

Mina came into view handing him some documents to sign.

" Not to be nosy but did you confess your feelings to the person or not."

" No. I was thinking of doing that today." Jackson smiled to himself remembering Mark.

" Can I know the name of the lucky person ?"

" Mark, his name is Mark Wang ."

" Wang ?" Mina asked confused.

" We are already married " Jackson showed his marriage ring.

" Oh, you fell for your own husband , how sweet " Mina started teasing Jackson.

" Shut up Mina and start doing your work " 

She rolled her eyes at him and collected the papers walking out to present it to their boss.

*******

Mark finished his shift at cafe and waved goodbye to his coworkers. He headed straight to his home as he was tired. The door was unlocked already, he must have forgotten to lock it. Entering inside he threw himself on the couch and closed his eyes.

Suddenly his mobile rang and he took it out from his pocket. Unknown number ??? Who must be calling him right now ? He received the call.

" Is this Mark ?" a scared voice greeted him from other line.

" Yes. What do you want ?" Mark asked surprised. He didn't recognized the voice.

" Look you don't know me but please listen to my words carefully ." the stanger told Mark.

" Yes" Mark said feeling a little nervous.

" Some people are planning on killing you . There are heading to your home . So don't go to your home , go anywhere but not your home "

" Who are you ??? What are you talking about ? " Mark asked but the line was dead already. 

Mark was nervous , his palm sweating . He saw shadow of someone on the wall and heard the front door close shut. There was no escape for him now.

He sneaked to Jackson's bedroom and hid behind the door. He dialed Jackson's number .

' Come on Jackson up the phone , pick up the phone he prayed but Jackson didn't received his call. Tears dripped from Mark's eyes and he tried to stay silent as much as possible.

Mark gazed outside from the crack of the door and saw people armed with guns searching for him.

' Who wanted to kill him and why , he didn't have any idea."

*******

Jackson finished his paperwork and submitted it to his boss. He went out of the building and checked time on his phone . He saw five missed call from Mark. He had kept the mobile in silent mode so no one could disturb him. Unlocking his phone he dialed Mark's number.

" Hello "

" Ja__Jackson please come back home soon " Mark was stuttering and crying.

" What happened Mark ?" Jackson panicked. 

" Some people have entered our house with guns . They are searching for m______"

" Mark , mark hello"

Beep . beep. 

The phone call ended.

Jackson raced to his car , unlocking the door and driving as fast as he can to his house.

*******

Jackson knocked the door panicking inside . Mark opened the door, his eyes bloodshot.

" Jackson don't come here " Mark warned him.

Jackson entered inside engulfing Mark in a hug . Mark hugged him back . A wet sensation on Mark's back drew Jackson attention. Mark was shot , blood soaking his shirt and entire back.

" Mark" Jackson's eyes widened in horror.

Richard and his men came out from their hiding places. Jackson went to attack him directly and he was hit by the men in his head. Jackson fell on the floor blood gushing from his forehead.

" Why are you doing this ?" Jackson spat at him.

" You know very well why don't you?" Richard laughed maniacally.

" You hurt my pride. What had you said ,' My husband isn't a ' he mimicked Jackson. "Now was your dear husband die in front of you ."

Richard kicked Mark. 

" Bastard" Jackson tried to approach to Mark who was crying with pain but the men kicked his head and pushed his head down to the ground with their feet.

" Ja__Jackson " Mark mumbled extending his hands to Jackson.

Jackson tried to hold Mark's hand but they were separated by Richard as he tried to crumble Jackson hand with his shoes.

Mark watched painfully as they totured Jackson . He tried to drag his body towards Jackson .

" Ja__jackson, I __lo__lo "

Bang 

The gun shot rang throughout the house. Richard shot Mark in his head . Mark's eyes were wide open, his forehead covered in blood along with his entire body. His dead eyes looking at Jackson telling him that he was sorry to leave that he loved Jackson .

Jackson cried in agony and pain. His heart cracked slowly breaking piece by piece. He gazed at Mark's dead brown eyes. Images of Mark's laughing face flashed through his eyes, his gentle touch , his caring gaze all were replaying inside Jackson's mind. He was silent watching Mark's dead body like a manic. He couldn't even hold Mark , couldn't even tell how much he loved Mark, couldn't even say sorry for his mistakes. He didn't feel pain as he was shot bullets after bullets . Image of Mark and the one who killed him imprinted in his mind. And he fell into the never ending darkness.

People are right broken things can't be fixed again they are thrown away and this time it was Mark and Jackson's life that was BROKEN

_____________________ The End ______________________________________

Dodges bullet 

I am really sorry I had to kill them . Honestly I cried while writing this. But don't worry I will write sequel to this story which will have a happy ending.

Thank you so much for your precious votes, comments and support. See you in the next story . Till then bye bye.

MARKSON OR NEVER!!!!!!

I'll miss you guys 😭 .I LOVE YOU ALL