Chapter:11

Broken

Mark woke up because of light shaking . He opened his eyes to find Jackson standing in front of him. He squinted his eyes to adjust with the light. All he could remember was that he was in alley drugged by strangers. So how is it possible that he was in his room warm and cozy.

" I brought you home yesterday since you were unconscious." Jackson said sensing Mark's confusion.

He glanced at Jackson who was smiling slightly at him with soup in his hands.

" I made you mushroom soup. Go get cleaned and eat it."

Mark blinked at Jackson surprised , Jackson made soup for him , the great Jackson Wang ???

" You made it for me ?" Mark asked 

" Of course , who else is here?"

Mark felt warm inside. Jackson was taking care of him , his husband , his bestfriend was taking care of him.

" Thank you " Mark corked out.

Jackson smiled his bright smile which made Mark's heart flutter . He got up and went to the bathroom.

After short shower he was back . Jackson was still there waiting for him. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gestured Jackson to hand him the soup.

Jackson settled the bowl in Mark's hand , watching him eat. He took spoon and started to feed himself. The soup was too salty but Mark ate it as Jackson prepared it for him. How could he disappoint the ball of sunshine in front of him?

" How is it ?"

Jackson asked watching Mark's expression closely.

" Yummy " Mark replied gulping another spoonful of soup.

Jackson's face glowed brighter than light bulb. He watched Mark drink the soup. A little droplet of soup was in corner of Mark's lips and Jackson wiped it away with his thumb making Mark blush.

Mark finished the whole soup and Jackson took the bowl to kitchen setting it down on the sink.

" Mark will you be alright if I left for office ." Jackson asked him .

" Of course " Mark answered.

Jackson changed into suit and tried to knot his tie but failed miserably. He ended up making a tight knot and cursed himself.

Mark watched him chuckling at his failed attempts.Jackson glanced at him and he truned his attention at other things.

" I know you were laughing at me " Jackson accused Mark.

" You were looking funny "

" Why don't you help me then ?" 

Mark stood up from his seat going towards Jackson and taking the tie in his hand. He knotted the tie around Jackson's neck .

" Now it looks perfect" Mark said arranging the shirt's collar . He glanced at Jackson , he hadn't realized it yet but  their faces  were too close.

None of them pulled away. Instead they gazed in each other eyes then lips and slowly leaned in. Their breath mingled together. As their lips were about to meet , they were jolted out of their trance by Jackson's ringtone.

Jackson jumped back and received the call.

" Yes, Mrs.Simpson . I'll be there soon"

" Yes"

Without glancing at Mark he went out.

******

What had happened to him earlier? Was he going to ki____ No he isn't gay . He doesn't see Mark more than a friend right ? So why was he disappointed that they were disturbed by phone call? What was happening to him?

All day he couldn't focus on his work instead Mark invaded his mind. His flawless skin, his bright smile, big brown eyes , fluffy hair and his kissable cherry red lips which Jackson wants to taste. ' Did he really thought that?' Groaning Jackson closed his eyes only to remember earlier events.

" Jackson, Jackson are you listening to me ?"  Mina, his coworker stratled him from his thoughts.

Jumping back a little Jackson asked her.

" What were you saying ?"

" What has happened to you today ? I have been talking to you for  past fifteen minutes and you're __JACKSON" Mina screamed seeing Jackson doze off again.

" What?" Jackson glared at her.

" Seriously what has happened tell me " Mina seated herself on the chair.

" I don't know Mina what has happened . There's someone I used to hate but I can't see him cry and when he smiles I feel like smiling too"

" Oh Jackson " Mina smiled ear to ear " You are in love "

" No no .It's not love . It's just that today we were too close and I felt like kissing him. It's normal right ?"

" Does your heart flutter whenever he is near?"

" Yes" he had never realized it until today.

" Do you feel like butterflies are fluttering inside your stomach when  "

" Yes" he had definitely felt it earlier.

" You are definitely in love with him" Mina chuckled

"But I am not gay " 

" You are in denial Jackson . Just listen to what your heart says ." she suggested him, leaving him alone .

' She is stupid , I am not in love even if I was Mark won't return my feelings back . I have hurt him in many ways ' Jackson thought and this thought made his heart clench painfully inside his chest.

******

Mark was watching  television when earlier events came to his mind. They were about to kiss. ' No, Jackson must have thought I was girl' Mark tried to convince himself. He knew Jackson would never see him that way . They have become friends again with so much difficulties that he didn't wanted to mess up things again bringing his emotions on the way. 

He woke up from his daydream due to the sudden knock in door. He opened the door only to find it empty. He must be imagining things.

He shut the television off and went towards kitchen to eat icecream which he had kept earlier in the fridge. He opened the fridge to find it gone? Oh, Jackson must have ate it. He was carving too much for the sweet desert , so he went out to buy it.

On his way back , he felt like he was being followed. He glanced back. Noone was there. He ignored the feeling and continued walking when he heard footsteps. This time he was sure someone was following him. 

His heart thumped inside his chest and he walked as fast as he could. No people were nearby and that made Mark even more nervous. Mark sprinted off running in random direction and he was nearly hit by car . The car stooped and Jackson came out.

" Mark, what are you doing here ?" 

" Jackson let's go from here" Mark tried to get out there as fast as possible.

But before they could go anywhere , they were surrounded by goons . Jackson shielded Mark with his body glaring at the goons.

They started attacking the couple. Jackson dodged the attack and punched and kicked them also protecting Mark who was fighting using his martial art skill.

One of the goons came with broken bottle  towards Jackson.

" Jackson watch out " Mark warned him.

Too late . The goon plunged the bottle on Jackson's arm. He grunted in pain. Mark rushed to his side kicking the thug on shin.The thugs ran off hearing police sirens.

" Jackson come on " Mark supported Jackson's wounded arm and they climbed inside the car. Mark drove the car this time, worry painted in his face.

******

Setting down Jackson on sofa Mark sprinted to bathroom and brought first aid kit with him. He cleaned the blood and started applying disinfectant. Jackson winced in pain face scrunched up. Mark blew air trying to ease the pain.

" What were you thinking Jackson, you must have been more careful. If something had happened then ?" Mark scolded him.

" It doesn't hurt much . Anyway I deserved it . I have hurt to too much , this is nothing compared to what you have gone through . Maybe you would be more happy without me ."

" What are you talking about??Do you think  I would be happy if something happened to you? It hurts me to see you hurt more than anything ." Mark gazed at Jackson.

" Why" Jackson gazed back.

Their eyes met like earlier but this time their lips also met.