Nervousness And Excitement

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

word count : 1566


Saturday morning

8.00 a.m

The bright sunlight seeped into the room through the faintly opened blinds, painting the white covers of Lee Chan’s bed. 

A guy was plopped in the middle of the bed, his head tilted to the side and his feet put over his bolster. One of his hand was on the slightly exposed stomach, his shirt slightly pulled up as well. 

His eyes were closed shut, his mouth gathered into a straight line. His breathing was in a normal pace, his chest moving along with his steady breathing. He showed no hint of waking up, despite the sunlight that was tainting his face. 


10.00 a.m

Lee Chan flutters his eyes open, still trying to adjust to the light of his room. With a small yawn, he stretches his arms out along with his feet, accidentally kicking his blanket down in the process, though he gave no reaction to that.

He sits up, blinking his eyes cluelessly. With another yawn, he stretches his hands out again. After staring off into a blank space for a few minutes, he finally managed to pull himself completely from the sleepiness as he sets his feet down onto the cold floor. 

The guy picks up the fallen blanket and carelessly throws it onto his bed with no initiative of making his bed. He then lazily drags his feet to the bathroom, taking his towel in the process. 


12.00 p.m

Fully awake but hungry. Therefore Lee Chan decided to get out of his room and head to the kitchen to fill his hunger up.

Not forgetting to bring his phone, his feet trudges it’s way to the kitchen. He opens the fridge, his eyes searching for anything to be eaten. 

A huff was released from his mouth, finding nothing. He makes his way to the cupboard and takes out a cup ramen, something he was too used to eating although he knows it’s in no way good for his health.

While waiting for the water to boil, Chan takes a seat on a high stool that was arranged along with 3 more of the same type in front of the countertops.

He unlocked his phone and opens his social medias, updating himself on the events that happened while he was busy in his dreamland. A small smile made it’s way to his lips, remembering his upcoming date, or to be exact, first date, with you, tomorrow.

He pressed on the picture of you next to your name, 
revealing a picture of you doing a peace sign, with a bright smile on your face. The smile on his face unknowingly gets wider, his heart beating fast.

It still feels like a lie to him, the fact that you accepted to be his girlfriend.

What more, the fact that he was going to have his first date with you, tomorrow.

Shaking his head in an animatic way, he bit his lip as he tried to hold his smile and continue making his ramen. 


3.00 p.m

Lee Chan was lazing around on the dark brown sofa in the middle of the living room, his feet propped up onto the left side of the armrest, while his head resting on the other side.

His phone was put down on the wooden table next to him, forgotten. Chan could only think of tomorrow, truthfully speaking. 

He was excited just by the thought of it made up in his head. He planned to take you to the cinemas. 

Watching a movie is a good idea for a date, right? 
Or is it too cliché?
It can’t be. Girls enjoy watching melodrama movies right? 
But you’re not like any other girl, you’re different.

He ruffled his hair out of frustration, not being able to make up his mind. At first, the cinemas sounded like a great idea, but suddenly all these possibilities are entering his head, confusing him. 

He shook his head, convincing himself that the cinemas was a great idea, just like how he thought of it from the start. 

Out of nowhere, an image of you smiling at him passed his mind. As if out of reflex, a smile draws itself on his face, as if affected by yours. 

Slowly, his mind surfed off further into his imaginations. An image of you laughing, pouting, even an image of you concentrated on watching the movie passes his mind. 

Like in cliché dramas, he imagined if he happened to pass by a claw machine filled with bears with you. He would, hopefully, manage to catch one within one try and he would cooly pass it to you, as you flash your bright smile at him with your eyes shaped into an eyesmile, the bear snuggled into your hold.

He had to bite his own hand in order for himself to stop from squealing at the thought of your happy face. He knows he was being a childish guy and not a very manly one at that, at this moment, but he really couldn’t help himself. You just make him feel like this.

His eyes glanced at the wall clock, a small frown appearing on his lips as he notices that there’s still a long time to go until tomorrow.


Time, please run faster.


8.00 p.m

Lee Chan was back in his bedroom, sitting on the soft mattress of his bed as his eyes scan through his closet. 

He doesn’t know what to wear. 

Should he wear something formal?
 No, that’s too . . well, formal.

Something casual?
He doesn’t want to look to casual, as if he didn’t put any effort into the date.

He threw himself onto the bed, his face buried into his pillow. He lets out an inaudible whine, his arms spread out to the side. He wanted to give up on choosing an outfit. He now somehow understood the feeling girls have when trying to choose an outfit.

No, I can’t give up. 

An image of you once again passed by his mind. He immediately sat up straight, walked over to the closet and start to mix and match his clothes.


11.00 p.m

Choosing an outfit was, in a way, hell to Lee Chan. 
But in the end, he managed to choose one anyways.

A white plain t-shirt in the inside.A black and red flannel making up for the plain shirt in the inside along with a dark blue ripped denims. As of shoes, he planned to go with high cut black converse.

The said guy was now back in his pose like the night before, his back rested on the headboard of his bed, and his feet stretched out onto the white sheet.

He was on his phone, a wide smile on his face as he was chatting with the topic of tomorrow. It’s nice to know that he wasn’t the only one excited for the date.

After a minutes- or even hours, Chan doesn’t know, he couldn’t keep track of time when he was with you, you wished him goodnight in which he replied with the same wish. With that, Chan locked his phone and plugged in the charger into it, making sure that the plug is on so he wouldn’t end up making a fool out of himself. 

He laid down properly onto his bed, thinking about the chat he just had with you. You had wished him goodnight, not knowing that it was probably going to be a restless night for him.

His brain was restlessly once again, thinking about the date tomorrow. He was making up scenarios in his head, the smile on his face almost as if it was permanent by now. 

Gradually, but slowly, he fell asleep.

That night, he fell asleep with the thought of you in his head.


Sunday morning
8.00 a.m

Lee Chan flutters his eyes open, squinting his eyes at the sunlight pouring into his room. He sat up and let out a yawn while stretching. 

He unplugged his phone from the charger and checks the time, making sure that he wasn’t late. After reassuring himself that he indeed wasn’t late, he locked his phone and placed it by the bedside.

A small, foolish grin appeared on his lips again, remembering that today’s finally the day.

Excitedly, he trudged towards the bathroom, not forgetting his towel along with him and freshened himself up.


9.30 a.m

Lee Chan was ready, with his planned outfit on his body, and his phone and wallet in his denim’s pockets. 

His hair wasn’t styled up, but instead it was let down like any other normal days. He figured that if he styled it up, it would look like he put a little bit too much thought into his look.

He then wore his black wristwatch on his right wrist, making sure it’s not too tight nor too loose for him. The guy once again made sure that he had everything he needed with him, his heart beating in an irregularly fast pace due to the excitement and the nervousness that was running in his system. 

He slid on his shoes and stood up, letting out a breath out, he closed his eyes and convinces himself that all will go well. After a few mumbles of encouragement to himself, he opened his eyes and places his smile back on.


With his heart on his sleeve, he walked out of the door to meet the person he loves.