Puppy love?

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

word count : 804


 

Class ended, I checked my phone.

0 notifications.

My shoulders drooped, thinking that Lee Chan forgot our 1st year anniversary. He didn’t even attend any of today’s class, for god’s sake. 

I let out a sigh, slinging my bag on one side of my shoulder and went out of the class.

As I was walking to the bus stop, my thoughts conquered my head. 

Is he avoiding me on purpose?
What if he’s doing this on purpose because he doesn’t like me anymore?
What if he’s breaking up with me?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and plugged in my earphones, wanting music to conquer my mind instead

 


 

As I arrived home, I swung the door open and let out a small shriek, noticing that there was something furry in front of the door.

A dog? 
Actually- a puppy?

It ran to my feet and nuzzled its head on my legs, or rather, shoes. I squat down and patted its head, still confused.

It was incredibly cute, a smile was etched on my lips. 

At least I have this dog instead of that Lee Chan.

A small sigh then escaped my lips again, thinking if he really did forget our first year anniversary.

Out of nowhere, the puppy ran to the middle of the room and barked, as if telling me to follow it.

I took off my shoes and followed it, curious on what it’s leading me to. It entered my bedroom that was slightly ajar, big enough only to fit its body.

I peeked into the room out of habit before pushing the door open slowly, my head sticking in first.

A gasp escaped from my mouth.

There was my one year boyfriend, sitting on my bed while smiling brightly with the small dog on his laps. 

“Do you like it?”

I was caught off guard by his question, not being able to process anything in my brain. He then let out a chuckle and put the puppy next to him before standing up and walking to me.

He pulled me into the room and to my bed, sitting on his previous spot again before gesturing me to sit next to him.

He then gently lifted the dog up and onto my laps with care. 

“Do you like the puppy? I remember you once said that you wanted to own a puppy, and raise it together with me, right?”

He looked into my eyes for confirmation. Remembering the scene vividly, I nodded my head.

“And you said that you wanted the breed to be a golden retriever, if I’m not wrong?”

I once again nodded, my mouth still left agape. I was shocked that he still remembered all these information that I deemed unimportant. 

“Then let’s raise this little guy, together.”

That one sentence, for some reason made me feel emotional. Tears start gathering in my eyes and I put my head down, not wanting to show him that I was on the verge of crying.

He panicked, noticing my gathering tears and shaking shoulders, initiating that I was going to cry.

“W- wait, did I say anything wrong? W- were you allergic to dogs? Oh my god I’m so sorry”

A small chuckle managed to seep from my lips, looking back up into his eyes. I cleared my throat and said,

“You’re dumb.”

“I know I’m sorry- did you mention it before? Oh my god should I take out the puppy now or-”

“It’s not that, you idiot.”

He looks at me, his head tilted to one side as confusion fills his eyes. 

“What is it then?”

“Before we talk about that, mind filling me in on why you didn’t enter any of today’s class?”

“Ah, about that. I was busy writing a letter for you and preparing myself. Why, did you miss me?”

A small smile was hanging on his lips, looking at me with teasing eyes. I chuckled and lightly punched his left arm.

“Yes I did, so what?”

“Nothing, that’s great then.”

“Are you saying my misery on missing you is great? I can’t believe you. I’m eloping to the other side of the globe and I’m bringing this puppy with me.”

A small laugh can be heard coming from him, affecting me to let out a laugh as well. 

“I didn’t mean it that way, idiot number two. I’m just saying that it’s great knowing that you missed me, because I missed you too. A lot.”

I was going to reply, before noticing that something wet just my hand. I looked down and heard a small whine coming from the puppy. 

I ruffled its soft fur and raised it up to my eye level, nuzzling its nose with mine. 


This small puppy is going to be the bridge of our love.