Missing You

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

 

word count : 692


 

A pout was evident on Lee Chan’s lips.

 

He terribly missed his girlfriend. 5 days ago, she went back to her hometown to meet her family. Apparently, he was supposed to wait for another week, 7 days before he could meet her again.

 

Sure, they do still message and sometimes even video call at night, but that wasn’t , enough for him. He misses your body, physically next to him, for him to be able to hold you in his arms, being able to hear your voice next to him.

 

He was selfish, he had to admit it himself. People say, love changes people. I guess this is the effect of love to Lee Chan.

The said guy let out a groan, a pout still on his lips. As he saw their shared dog walking out of his room, he called out to it.

 

“Haenguni, come here!”

 

Haengun, meaning luck. It was a name that they agreed for their dog. They thought, if their dog had a name of luck, it would mean that luck would always be there for them.

 

Lee Chan let out a chuckle, knowing on how childish it sounds. But those moments are the times that he cherishes and misses the most, when they would have childish, pointless talks. Those are the moments that make him forget any of his problems.

 

He gently brings the dog closer to him and places it on his lap, his fingers patting its soft, orange fur.

 

He lets out a sigh, not exactly out of disappointment nor content, just a sigh, because he felt the need to. The guy then lifts the puppy up, bringing it closer to his face, matching his eye level.

 

“Haeng ah, don’t you miss your mom?”

 

A small whine was heard from the dog, making Lee Chan chuckle.

 

“I miss her too, I guess that makes us two. But we can’t stop her from meeting her family, that would be a bad thing to do.”

 

The dog answered with a howl, an amused smile now on the guy’s lips.

 

“Haeng ah, if you ever have a girlfriend later on, don’t stop her from meeting her parents or going back to her hometown okay? I won’t be proud of you if you do that.”

 

The dog only stares at Lee Chan this time, as if it was actually confused on what his owner said. The guy lets out a small laugh, shaking his head at his own stupidity.

 

He puts the dog back down onto his laps, his hand caressing its head out of reflex. An idea appeared in his head after some time, a grin on his mouth. He then took his phone that was next to him and opened the camera.

 

“Let’s take a picture and send it to your mom!”

 

He laid down on his stomach and positioned the camera a few inches away from their faces, the camera set on front camera.

 

“Haeng, make it as if you’re sad, alright?”

 

The guy imitated a crying face, his lips formed into a pout and his eyes squinted, just barely for him to be able to see the camera. He holds his finger down on the circle on the screen, snapping a picture of them two.

 

He then opens kakaotalk and clicks on your name. He attaches the picture with a message written ;

 

Your baby is missing you. Guess which one?

 

He lets out a small laugh at his own message and the picture, hoping that it would make the receiver laugh too.

 

 


 

You opened your phone, noticing the familiar ringtone of notification and let out a smile, seeing it’s a message from your boyfriend.

 

You unlocked your phone and clicked on the notification, leading you to the application. You let out a small laugh, seeing the picture, mentally melting at your boyfriend’s cuteness.

 

You quickly typed a reply, deciding to a little,

 

I suppose it’s the big baby, hm? But what to do, I miss the smaller baby more ;;

 

After sending the reply, you locked your phone, shaking your head with a smile at your boyfriend’s antics.