Something About You

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

word count : 564



You were hurrying your way to your class, mentally cursing yourself for getting too carried away by the drama you were watching.

As you were half running in the hallways, a sudden collision was what had you burning more.

The books that you were previously cradling in your hold is now scattered on the floor, a few papers slightly crumpled too. 

You bit your slightly chapped lips, bending down and not looking at the person who had bumped into you, afraid that you might accidentally do something unwanted. 

In the quickest pace possible, you picked up the books and placed them in a stack in your arms again.

Two worn out navy blue sneakers entered your sight, as a pair of hands were busying themselves on picking up your fallen books too. 

You let a small sigh seep out of your mouth,

At least he has enough decency to help me pick up my books.

After you placed the last book in your hold, you received the ones the guy had managed to help you with and finally look up to his face, your eyes widening involuntarily.

It was the first time you felt a sudden surge of a certain feeling in an overwhelming amount in a split of a second.

Was it the small sheepish smile that was playing on the edges of his light pink lips?

Or could it be the flustered look in his dark brown orbs, staring into yours?

Perhaps it was the pleasant, sweet but with a hint of manliness in the cologne he was wearing that was intoxicating you?

You weren’t sure what it was, but for some reason or two, he was pulling your attention.

“Sorry for accidentally bumping into you- especially when you seemed like you were in a hurry”

His voice was anything but ordinary to you. Not meaning that it sounded odd or squeaky or anything, if you were to say so yourself, his voice sounds like any other male university students have.

But somehow, to you it sounded out of the ordinary. It wasn’t noticeably melodious nor tuneful. It was just, something that makes your heart skip a beat.

Pulling yourself back into reality, you bashfully dip your head, gesturing that it’s fine. 

But by the time you lifted your head up, he wasn’t there anymore. The only thing left was the lingering scent of his cologne, and your irregularly fast beating heart.

Noticing the time on your wristwatch, you literally ran to your class, making it in barely in time. You took your seat and took a breath.

The whole class, your mind was only stuck on him.

Something about him makes your heart beat in a way it’s not supposed to, but you don’t know what it is and it’s driving you crazy.

You prayed for it to be a one time thing and that you won’t ever remember the scent of his cologne nor his dark brown eyes by tomorrow. 

You couldn’t afford to fall in love with a complete stranger, not even knowing the basics such as a name.

But no matter what you keep convincing yourself, your heart won’t stop it’s fast beating each time the short recording your brain made of his voice or the vision of his sheepish smile enters your mind.

It was crazy,
How could a stranger make you feel like this?