Late Night Thoughts

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

word count : 571


“Chan ah, do you think anything would be different if we weren’t born?”

A random question appeared in your mind, out of nowhere. A small silence was what you received from your boyfriend before he answers,

“Technically, everything would be different but the same, wouldn’t it? The world would still spin around the sun in 365 days, a day would still consist of 24 hours.”

The small talks from the show plays in the tv in front of you, long forgotten. Your head was resting on his shoulder, your fingers tangled with his.

“But then again, we never actually know. If we weren’t born, we wouldn’t actually be alive enough to able to know anything, would we?”

You let out a small sigh, not out of discontent nor content; just a small empty sigh. Out of pure curiousity, you asked him a question.

“Chan, if one day I wake up and forget everything, would you still stay with me?”

The said guy looked at you with confusion evident in his eyes,

“Of course I would. If you forget everything one day, I would be by your side, helping you to remember everything. I wouldn’t be able to just let go of you like that, I can’t.”

You then let out another small sigh, out of content this time. You were thankful that he’s in your life.

“But why are you asking these types of questions?”

“I don’t know myself. Late night thoughts I guess?”
 
The guy then slightly nods, acknowledging it. After a few minutes of silence, Chan tilted his head slightly onto yours, asking you a question.

“You sleepy yet?”

You let out a small hum as a reply, your eyes staring at your fingers which were folded into his. 

“I’m not actually sleepy, I’m just tired.”

Hearing your reply, he let out a small chuckle.

“Isn’t it the same?”

You lightly shook your head in denial, your hair nuzzling his neck, making him erupt into a small laughter from the sensation.

“Sleepy is when you’re physically tired, when your body needs to rest, I guess. Tired however, would be mentally. It’s just, you’re tired of your thoughts, but you’re not able to put them to rest. Even if you went to sleep, you would wake up and remember whatever is making you tired, and so the cycle would repeat.”

A string of silence was what followed your words. After a few seconds, or minutes, of silence, his voice echoed in the room.

“That was a whole lot of tired in one speech.”

You let out a laugh and lightly hit his shoulder with your free hand, shaking your head mentally at his playfulness.

Even from the side, you could feel the growing smile on his lips.

“Did I manage to make you forget about whatever was going on in your mind for some time?”

Hearing what he said, you noticed that he somehow really did make you forget about it for some time. You let out a small mumble of ‘yes’ as an answer to him.

“Then I’m going to continue on being like this, if it makes you forget about the thoughts that tire you out.”

You couldn’t help but smile at your boyfriend’s words. For others, it might be too sweet, causing too much of a cringe. But for you, it was more than just sweet. It was meaningful to you. 

 

“Thank you so much, Lee Chan.”