Confession?

☆ A Dino Anthology ☆

word count : 352


 

“I . . . I think I like you”

 

I bit my lips, my fingers still gathered into a fist. A big sigh escaped my mouth as I gathered my courage to open my eyes and look at the girl.

 

She looks . . confused- wait no, blank?

Angry?

Happy? No it’s definitely not happy

Ah I don’t know anymore, whatever it is, it’s not positive!

 

I said another statement in attempt to cover up my words, fumbling with my words.

 

“I- I mean, my cat likes you- I mean my fish likes you. Nevermind goodbye.”

 

I quickly my heels, rushing out from the place. I closed my eyes while mumbling incoherent words under my breath.

 

Ah-

 

I opened my eyes, noticing that I bumped into something. Halfway apologizing, I realised that it was a trashcan, I squat down and pick up the few bottles that fell out, for some reason, apologizing to them.

 

As I finished, I stood up and continued to walk away from her,

 

Of course, why would a senpai notice a kouhai? It’s supposed to be the other way ‘round. Aish, why did I even try.

 

 


 

 

“I . . . think I like you”

 

I stare at him, trying to understand the situation. As he raised his face up, looking at me, his expression turned gloomy.

Maybe he confessed to the wrong person?

 

I was trying to figure out what emotion to show, what words to say.

 

“I- I mean, my cat likes you- I mean my fish likes you. Nevermind goodbye.”

 

He turned around and ran out of the place. I watched him as he stumbled upon the trashcan and apologizing to each and every one of the trash that fell out. A giggle escaped my lips, noticing on how cute he was.

 

Wait- is he in the same grade as me?

He seemed pretty short to be a senior . . Maybe he is.

Oh well, maybe it was a dare for him. I’ll forget it sooner or later.