Chapter 8

Continuing to Love You (season 2/ sequel to Long-lasting Love)

 

My Love

♦♦PREVIOUS♦♦

Aaron knew she was talking about a baby. "Oh I can't guarantee that. I still have my hormones. "Aaron said whispering to her ear with a wicked smile.

Gui Gui pouted and stomped out of the house.She saw a pub and decided to go get a few shots. She walked in the room with loud music shooting through her head. She walked to the bar and asked for a whiskey. A guy came up to her and put his arms around her. "Hey honey, want to play? I know where there's a place.Quiet place." she tried to get away from him but couldn't. She closed her eyes but felt nothing. "Don't you have any manners?"

Gui Gui opened her eyes to see a handsome, young man standing there gripping onto the guy's wrist. The drunk guy ran away in fright. The man turned to look at her and he was familiar. "Gui Gui? What are you doing here?!" he shouted over the loud music. "Dr. Danson? I came here for a drink. What about you?" Gui Gui asked standing up getting ready to leave.

"Gui Gui, I'm sorry for what I did the other day. I was kind of drowsy and couldn't think straight. I came here for a drink too." Gui Gui felt the sincerity so she forgave him by giving him a hug.

"I don't blame you. We have that kind of days sometimes." Gui pulled back and gave him a bright smile.

"Where do you live? I'll drive you." Danson offered.

"Sure. I'm on a break with my friends." Gui said walking out with Danson.

She got into his car and they left for her house. The whole ride was silent since they had nothing to talk about. When they reached, Gui offered Danson to come in for a drink. Gui opened the door and saw it was dark. She didn't care so she let Danson in and told him to make himself at home. Danson walked into the living room and looked around. Gui Gui came in with two cups of brown sugar macchiato. She gave one cup to Danson. "Thanks for forgiving me and this cup of macchiato." Gui Gui and Danson chuckled.

"Oh yeah. I thought you had school. What are you doing here?" Danson asked again.

"I do. It was suppose to be a double date but then it turned to a vacation. I believe we'll be leaving tonight." Gui said.

They started to talk happily and talk about their childhood. When it was 11, Jiro and Rainie came back to see Gui and Danson. "Gui, whose this?" Jiro asked.

"Guys, this is Danson. He was my doctor when I had the accident." Gui said as she introduce Jiro and Rainie to Danson.

At midnight, Aaron came home and saw Gui asleep in Danson's arms while Rainie was in Jiro's. He remembered Danson from last time and was angry. He stomped up to Gui and Danson. "Gui!"

Gui woke up and saw Aaron. She stood up and smiled. "Aaron, your back. We were tired so we fell asleep."

"Why is this doctor here? Didn't he touch you?"

"He explained to me and I forgave him." Gui said as Danson woke up to the noise.

"Gui, is this your boyfriend?" Danson said as he looked up.

"Yes. If you want, you can stay here for the night. It's late and you're a bit sleepy." Gui said.

"He can't."

"Why?"

"He touched you and I'm still mad." Aaron said as he turn another way.

"You touched another girl and I let that go. Why can't you let Danson go. Even if you were joking I still let it go. He was drowsy. Someone probably put medicine in his drink." Gui said getting angry.

Jiro and Rainie woke up to the shouting. "Gui, it's alright. I think I can leave. No need to bother." Danson said as he got up.

"Gui, you're fighting with me because of someone else. Alright that's how it is? Let's break up." Aaron said.

Gui didn't want it to go that far. She just was being nice to her friend. She shook her head and started to have a headache. "No...I'm fighting with you because do you think I can bear seeing you holding some other girl?" Danson saw that she was having a headache so he held onto her.

"Don't touch her." Aaron said giving Danson a push.

"Stop. Gui has a headache. Don't you see?" he turned to Gui, "Gui, are you alright? I didn't want you to break up with your boyfriend. Don't do that again."

"Danson, can you bring me to my room? I feel a little lightheaded." Gui said.

Danson lead her to her room and she lied down on her bed. Danson turned around and felt a hand holding him back. "Don't go. I need someone to talk to. I don't like sleeping when I'm not sleepy. Talking to someone will let me go to sleep peacefully."

Danson sat at the edge of her bed and looked at her. "Danson, I didn't want to break up either. It's just...I can't take it when he's joking or not while touching some other girl." Gui said with tears falling.

"I guess you love him too much. He needs to understand that. I guess he felt that you were insecure after that accident. Aaron doesn't want you to go through that again."

"How can I show him? I don't want him to worry but feel proud that I've grown up. I can't be the little Gui Gui that he knows. I want to be someone he would feel proud of." Gui Gui said wiping her tears.

"I guess he learned that already. He probably doesn't want you to grow faster than he is. You told me he used to be a player? Well...He's trying to get rid of that habit." Danson looked at Gui Gui and saw she was asleep.

He left Gui Gui's room and walked out to the living room to see Aaron standing where he was. "Aaron, I would like to have a talk with you."

Aaron went with Danson to the kitchen. "What?"

Danson gave him a punch and Aaron was shocked. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR?!"

"That was for Gui. Do you know how much she loves you? She can't take it whenever she sees you with another girl. She wants to be someone you're proud of. Have you noticed? If you feel insecure about her...well you're making it worse. If she has another headache send her to the hospital. She'll probably go blind."

Aaron didn't know someone like Danson can know him so well. Aaron turned around and went to Gui's room. He quietly crept in and lied next to her. "Gui, I'm sorry."

He pulled her in closer. She was sleeping in his arms and he was hugging her real tight. "I never want to let you go."

He slowly fell asleep. He began to dream about their wedding and their child.