Coffee

Until You're Mine Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before we get to today's chapter, I have an important announcement to make!
I received a message saying that Until You're Mine Again has been nominated for the Best Ongoing Fic Award in the 2016 EXO Fan Fiction Awards, which is essentially a popularity contest for EXO Fan Fiction.
Voting begins on Dec. 2, 2016 and ends on Dec. 16, 2016! Make sure you're voting for your favourite fics to be fair!
Thank you all so much again for the support and for the love you've all shown, I'm constantly amazed by it all ♡

 

 

“Did you sleep last night?” Luhan asked worriedly as he entered his and Minseok’s shared dorm room.

 

Minseok groaned in response, looking up from his books and at Luhan who stood by the door. His hair was in disarray and his eyes were probably blood-shot at this point. He did, in fact, try to sleep last night, but he couldn’t. Those nightmares were haunting him again, keeping him awake, so he decided to stay up studying instead, evident from the paper and books and pens strewn about his side of the room.

 

“No,” Minseok admitted and Luhan pouted sadly.

 

“You’re pushing yourself far too hard,” he said, striding over to Minseok’s desk and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

 

Minseok simply hummed in agreement, eyes dropped to Luhan’s lips, before reaching up and pulling Luhan down for a kiss. Slow and hesitant, but nice all the same. Luhan reciprocated the kiss eagerly, wrapping his arms around Minseok almost instantly, forgetting all he had in mind to chastise Minseok about. And perhaps they would have spent all day laying in their dorm room just kissing if it weren’t for Minseok yawning into the kiss and making Luhan burst into a fit of giggles.

 

“You really do need to get some sleep.” Luhan decided, leaning back against Minseok’s desk, his fingers slowly closing the cover of his roommate’s laptop.

 

“Yeah,” Minseok yawned, “Hard to sleep when you’re having nightmares straight out of a horror movie.”

 

Luhan chuckled as he shook his head, “Maybe you should try hypnosis.”

 

Hypnosis?

 

Hadn’t Minseok heard of this just last night…? From that vampire, the barista who made extremely delicious lattes. But he was a vampire.

 

“Where’d you hear about something like that?” Minseok asked curiously, drumming his fingertips on the side of Luhan’s thigh to distract himself.

 

Luhan giggled as he shrugged, “Introductory psychology, remember?” he asked as he grabbed at Minseok’s hand to stop the ticklish sensation.

 

Minseok snorted, “I can barely remember my first year of university.”

 

“That’s probably for the best, you were a bit wild then,” Luhan teased and Minseok blushed, hitting Luhan’s knee lightly.

 

“You’re the worst,” Minseok mumbled and Luhan snickered, checking the time on his phone.

 

“Do you have class this evening?”

 

“Technically? Yes.” Minseok glanced at the clock sitting in his desk and nervously chewed his bottom lip, “I don’t think I’ll go. I’d probably just fall asleep. I’m exhausted.”

 

“You look exhausted with those dark circles under your eyes,” Luhan sighed, swiping his thumb over Minseok’s cheek, “You really need to get some sleep. I’m worried about you.”

 

“I really just need a coffee right now,” Minseok decided, “If I run out to the cafe, would you like me to bring anything back?”

 

Luhan shook his head, “I’m fine.”

 

Minseok snorted as he pulled himself out of his chair, “You never want anything. Do you even eat?” he teased and Luhan blushed a light pink.

 

“Shut it and go get your coffee. Then come back and cuddle with me?” Luhan asked and Minseok smiled, pecking Luhan quickly on the lips.

 

“I’ll consider that offer.”

 

Luhan stuck his tongue out at Minseok and Minseok laughed, disappearing out the door.

 

***

 

“You look awful.”

 

Baekhyun opened one eye and shot Chanyeol a look from his sleeping position on one of the many guest beds. A few profanities ran through his mind that he wanted to shout out. He had in mind to tell Chanyeol exactly what he thought, but he figured from the look on his tall friend’s face, he already knew what Baekhyun was thinking. Chanyeol grinned, too bright and too cheerful for the time of day, and let himself into the room, sitting at the edge of the bed. He stretched out across the mattress and cracked his back, making Baekhyun shiver in the most uncomfortable way.

 

“Seriously, were you crying all night or something?” Chanyeol asked, poking Baekhyun’s thigh, “You look like .”

 

“Don’t sugar coat it or anything,” Baekhyun mumbled, pulling the blanket over his head.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and pulled the blanket off of Baekhyun, throwing it onto the floor. Baekhyun groaned loudly in response, a few curses falling past his lips this time, and tried to cover his head with the pillow, but that seemed to slip from his grasp as well. Then the pillow landed against the side of his face with a thwack that made him realize just how much of a child Chanyeol really was.

 

“How old are you?” Baekhyun asked in annoyance and Chanyeol shrugged.

 

“Not as old as you.”

 

“You’re the worst.”

 

“Is that why I’m your best friend? Because I’m the worst?” Chanyeol grinned, “Come on, let’s get you a coffee so you can at least half function tonight.”

 

“Coffee?” Baekhyun asked unamused, “You know we can’t drink that stuff.”

 

Chanyeol made a face, “Jongin said he was working on a blood-coffee hybrid drink, don’t you remember?”

 

“Ah,” Baekhyun grumbled, “Right, he did mention that last night…”

 

“Come on, let’s get going then.”

 

“This early in the day?” Baekhyun squinted at into the brightness of the room, “Won’t the sun turn us to ash or something? It’s only early in the evening!”

 

“Why are you so whiny?” Chanyeol muttered, attempting to pick Baekhyun up off the bed, “Let’s go!”

 

“Fine, fine,” Baekhyun swatted Chanyeol’s hands away, “I’m getting up! Let go, let go.”

 

Chanyeol grinned triumphantly, “That’s more like it. I’ll meet you in a few at the front door. I have to make sure Jongdae and Junmyeon are awa- Oh.” he blushed and squeezed his eyes shut, “Never mind, they’re awake. I’ll meet you in the lobby when you’re ready to go then,” he mumbled and excused himself.

 

The flush on his face was enough for Baekhyun to know that Chanyeol had definitely seen some things that he hadn’t want to this morning. More than likely involving Junmyeon and Jongdae in a compromising position. Baekhyun grinned to himself, thinking that this was definitely payback for some invasion of privacy and Chanyeol probably deserved it.

 

He groaned as he pulled himself from the bed, feet landing on the warm floor (bless in-floor heating, Baekhyun loved modern inventions). It was only early in the evening and he was, quite frankly, exhausted from a sleepless day. Sighing, he managed to stumble from the covers and dress quickly into something more comfortable before he styled his hair in the mirror with the tips of his fingers. Mildly satisfied with this, he appeared in the lobby just as Chanyeol had waved Yixing off.

 

“Yes, yes I know how early it is Yixing and we will be fine.” Chanyeol sighed, “Quit nagging, mom.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter