Regrets

Until You're Mine Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok woke up with perhaps the worst headache he had ever experienced in his life. Unable to physically move after opening his eyes, Minseok blinked at the familiar ceiling of his dorm room and wondered how the hell he got back here after last night. With a groan, Minseok closed his eyes again against the bright light of the room as it began to filter in through the window and beyond the white curtains.

 

Last night was a fuzzy haze in Minseok’s mind. Among his clouded memories, he remembered very little about going out with Luhan. He couldn’t even begin to place the night’s events together in a coherent manner, even the ones that he could recall. There was Luhan and there were boys and certainly there were dinks. Too many drinks.

 

How many drinks? Minseok thought in regret. The dryness of his throat and the pain he felt now in his stomach was only a slight indicator to his obnoxious intoxication levels from last night, so he figured. Especially since at some point during the night, he had to have out. Otherwise he wouldn’t be in as much of a mess as he was now. Ever curious about his night and unaware of anything that had happened beyond being jealous of the attention random boys were receiving from Luhan.

 

Yikes. That was certainly a feeling he wished he could forget. The jealousy that made him drink in the hopes of finding someone to sleep with, to show Luhan that he could play games too. Instead, he had somehow found his way back into his dorm, but he was fully aware he could not have done so alone. If he couldn’t remember a single thing from the night then there was a high chance that last night he probably forgot his own name at some point.

 

Oh, how much Minseok regretted drinking away his jealousy for the night…

 

“Are you awake?” a deep voice asked, unfamiliar to him.

 

Minseok’s eyes snapped open in surprise and he blinked at the man standing over him with the vibrant red eyes that he had only seen once before. What was his name… Oh god, what was his name? And how could Minseok ask him to leave without screaming…?

 

“You're awake.” the vampire mused and sat at the edge of the bed, “I was worried last night when I saw you get into an argument with Luhan. And then Luhan went and got into a fight with that guy… He asked me to bring you back to the dorm and I agreed. I’m sorry, you probably weren’t expecting to see me here.”

 

“Yifan,” Minseok croaked, the name finally coming to him.

 

Yifan nodded, “That’s me.” he smiled, fangs flashing causing Minseok to involuntarily flinch. “If I’m making you uncomfortable, I’ll leave. I just wanted to make sure you woke up okay since Luhan entrusted you to me.”

 

Minseok barely managed a nod and then Yifan was rising from the bed quickly, taking up the bottle of water laid next to Minseok’s bed. The taller held out the cold water to him and Minseok accepted it hesitantly, not taking his eyes off of Yifan for an instant. Yifan managed a small smile before handing Minseok a bottle of pain pills.

 

“For your headache,” Yifan explained, “I’ll turn off the lights when I leave if it’ll help.”

 

Minseok accepted the pills, popping two back. It must have been obvious that Minseok was scared and overly cautious with Yifan in the room, but the taller took the hesitation rather well as if he’d been used to dealing with this kind of behaviour before.

 

“You know,” Yifan began lowly, “I could kill you in an instant if I wanted to.”

 

Minseok choked on the water in his throat as the vampire stared at him with soft, red, unnerving eyes.

 

Yifan sighed, “As a vampire, I have the potential to kill. But, you don’t have to be so afraid of me. I have just as much potential to kill as a human does. Just because we have that potential though, doesn’t mean we will actually do it.”

 

“Oh,” Minseok said dumbly after a moment, blinking slowly.

 

“I hope you feel better soon. When you see Luhan, tell him to give me a call. We still have a project due this week.” Yifan said as he picked up his jacket and slung it over his shoulder.

 

Minseok watched Yifan’s retreating back as he walked towards the door. The vampire didn’t glance back as he flicked off the switch of the lights and slipped out the door into the bright hallway of the dorms. Minseok didn’t relax of even lay back in his bed until the door had clicked shut all the way and then he sunk back into the plush of his mattress, letting out the breath he had been holding in since Yifan’s strange comment.

 

Sure, humans had just as much potential to kill as vampires did, but that didn’t mean that a human could overpower a vampire. Vampires were stronger and faster. They could control and dominate in seconds. But humans were easy to overthrow, weak as they were in comparison to a vampire. One single look from a vampire could easily trap their human prey-

 

Groaning in pain, Minseok pulled the covers over his head, wishing that his migraine would go away.

 

***

 

Luhan shifted uncomfortably under the light of the dim floor lamp in Chanyeol’s office space. After last night’s awkward, drunken encounter, Luhan had been dragged to settle the argument by the King of the vampires and he would have been insane to refuse the King’s orders. So here he waited for his drunken demeanor to subside in order to resolve the altercation he had engaged in with someone who was, apparently, close to Park Chanyeol.

 

Suddenly, the door to the office opened, startling Luhan who was growing more and more embarrassed by his actions last night. In the doorway stood none other than King Chanyeol and his professor, Byun Baekhyun. Luhan gulped and bowed in their direction, wishing that he could be anywhere else but here. Chanyeol chuckled as he entered and told Luhan to straighten himself immediately.

 

“I’m sure we all wish we were somewhere else this morning,” Chanyeol smiled and Luhan blushed pink as he peered up at him.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter