Trauma

Until You're Mine Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He couldn’t breathe.

 

No matter how hard he tried, he could not will his body to take in a gasp of air. Shallow, shuddering breaths escaped his lips while the weight of the world crashed against him. The pressure was enough to make his empty chest cave in and his lungs collapse.

 

He was fading fast… But he wasn’t ready to leave. Not yet.

 

A voice shattered the silence - it was that same voice his thoughts returned to time and time again. Soft and velvety, even with the sound of desperation laced through it like a drug.

 

“Don’t go, please don’t go!”

 

A cracked response surged through him: “Wait until I’m yours again…”

 

***

 

“He’s dreaming about you again.” Chanyeol sighed, stirring his cup of tea with a dainty spoon that looked ridiculous between his fingers.

 

Baekhyun lolled his head back against the couch, “He always does.”

 

Chanyeol hummed in reply, taking the cup of steaming tea to his lips.

 

“You know, you could just tell him the truth,” Jumyeon interjected, looking up from his own cup of tea.

 

Chanyeol nodded along to Junmyeon’s words, but didn’t bother giving his opinion - yet again. Baekhyun sighed.

 

“Taking the memories of your entire class was a lot of work.” Junmyeon pointed out, before taking a small sip of the herbal drink in his hands, “Could have been avoided.”

 

Baekhyun looked away.

 

“He won’t understand reasoning,” Chanyeol muttered, “He never does. Absolutely stubborn.”

 

“I won’t do it next time.” Junmyeon said softly, “It’s not fair.”

 

Baekhyun made no sound.

 

Junmyeon frowned and looked at Chanyeol, “Is he listening?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes grew distant, “He is. He’s got a lot on his mind.”

 

Usually, Chanyeol digging through Baekhyun’s mind would piss him off, but not right now. Right now, Baekhyun had too much thinking to do.

 

“Should we leave him alone?” Chanyeol asked looking at Junmyeon, “That’s what you wanted to ask?”

 

Junmyeon shifted in his seat a little uncomfortably, “Seems like the best thing for him right now.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, standing and striding to the door in two steps. Junmyeon follow in suit, moving as swiftly as the taller vampire. The door opened and closed quickly and quietly.

 

Baekhyun made no movement to acknowledge their departure.

 

He sighed again.

 

“Damn it.”

 

***

 

“Morning, sunshine,” Jongin greeted, overthetop enthusiasm as per usual - the beaming smile blossoming across his face made the sun weak at the knees.

 

“You look like .” Sehun bluntly stated, turning back to the espresso machine.

 

Minseok huffed, “I feel like .”

 

Jongin made this obnoxious sound with his mouth that could only be described as a chortle.

 

“How can I help you?” Jongin inquired, leaning across the counter.

 

“Coffee.” Minseok replied simply, rubbing at his temples with the tips of his fingers.

 

“And anything else?” Sehun asked with the quirk of an eyebrow that felt entirely condesce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter